WTF? Why is no one talking about the new lightning?

inteller

Probably because of this..

Update: After hearing from someone at Ford and talking to Mike Levine from PickupTrucks.com this new truck will almost certainly not be called a Lightning. In fact according to Mike, this new truck is likely to be the new Harley-Davidson F-150.

The thing is, they could just put this same engine in a 2WD regular cab and there's the Lightning, but Ford has trouble seeing what's right in front of their faces sometimes.

Probably because of this..

The thing is, they could just put this same engine in a 2WD regular cab and there's the Lightning, but Ford has trouble seeing what's right in front of their faces sometimes.

I would say a bit more engineering was involved with the Lightning than with the HD F-150's, particularly in the suspension department. It's really not much of a stretch to make it happen again though, you're right...

my best guess, is that they will move the current supercharger install from out of saleens hands. Will also redeem 5/60 pt warranty that way...now if they go gt500 engine with an automatic 6-speed...hmmmm that'd be interesting at least...

btw sitting in the new crew cab(like the HD probably would be) is SHOCKINGLY comfortable and ROOOOMY!

I would say a bit more engineering was involved with the Lightning than with the HD F-150's, particularly in the suspension department. It's really not much of a stretch to make it happen again though, you're right...

And of course suspension and brake and minor styling details would change, but that stuff is the easy part.

^^^^ Blueblood - while I like the Lightning moniker - HD as created a following - maybe a 2WD regular cab HD is coming.

this is still an SVT truck - not just tarted up F150 with big engine - the suspension should be SVT-fied.

However that said - the truck market has changed dramatically since the last Lightning died - SRT10 is gone, there is no Silverado SS etc --- there is a VERY GOOD CHANCE - the typical 2WD reg cab Lightning market has disappeared, and moved to small trucks (upcoming V8 Colorado, etc) - and the only high performance truck demand remains with the big-kahuna double cabs and HD badge.... we do not have the market research ... we do not know

Igor

Edited by igor

I would say that the economy and the price of gas are causing the buzz to be a lot more subdued. I know that upscale and sport vehicles have a different market than normal vehicles, but everyone is reassessing their needs with the current price of gas....

I would say that the economy and the price of gas are causing the buzz to be a lot more subdued. I know that upscale and sport vehicles have a different market than normal vehicles, but everyone is reassessing their needs with the current price of gas....

Hey, could be a good thing. All the old guys who previously bought sports cars might consider a Lightning since it has a bit more usefulness outside of going fast. :lol: