09 Escape Info

silvrsvt

Will the next generation Hybrid be out then?

Not sure if it's the next gen or not, but the 2.3 is being replaced by the 2.5. The differences between the first and second gen aren't all that significant from what I can tell anyway. A lot of the big changes seem to be holding off till the gen 3 in 2010.

Not sure if it's the next gen or not, but the 2.3 is being replaced by the 2.5. The differences between the first and second gen aren't all that significant from what I can tell anyway. A lot of the big changes seem to be holding off till the gen 3 in 2010.

I have read that the hybrid system is improved. I don't know if it is the same system as what will be in the 2010 Fusion? I don't know if there will be delays from the summer intoduction for the hybrid?

I have read that the hybrid system is improved. I don't know if it is the same system as what will be in the 2010 Fusion? I don't know if there will be delays from the summer intoduction for the hybrid?

I don't believe it's the same as the Fusion's setup, which is a Gen 2, and should be more easily adaptable to other vehicles.

I don't believe it's the same as the Fusion's setup, which is a Gen 2, and should be more easily adaptable to other vehicles.

A year ago I read that Ford was already working on the 3rd or 4th generation hybrid systems. Ford may have abandoned some of the generations that they were developing. Also a generation number in development and generation number in production could be different numbers. I don't know?

A year ago I read that Ford was already working on the 3rd or 4th generation hybrid systems. Ford may have abandoned some of the generations that they were developing. Also a generation number in development and generation number in production could be different numbers. I don't know?

Well, here's what I understand:

Escape hybrid -- still gen 1.

Fusion/Milan hybrid - first application of gen 2.

'10 Edge hybrid - first application of gen 3.

What the real differences are between them, I'm not really sure.

strange..as I'd heard that the 09 escape hybrid, was the first application of the 2nd gen hybrid, in that it will reach 40-45 mph on electric power alone. I originally found that information on this forum, and continue to chase it through other "car" *hack* sites *cough* like autoblog, jalopnik, autospies, etc...

strange..as I'd heard that the 09 escape hybrid, was the first application of the 2nd gen hybrid, in that it will reach 40-45 mph on electric power alone. I originally found that information on this forum, and continue to chase it through other "car" *hack* sites *cough* like autoblog, jalopnik, autospies, etc...

I understood that a new generation hybrid system was to come out with the Fusion Hybrid. Maybe the Fusion and Escape at the same time. Since the introduction of the next generation Fusion has been put off until 2010 MY, maybe part or all of it's system will come out early in the Escape. With the improvements to the Escape, it must have the next generation of hybrid software and brakes. The rest of the system, I don't know?