OAC News

otp

Good job to everyone at the plant.Sales of Ford’s all-new and redesigned crossovers spiked 96 percent in September; year-to-date sales were up 52 percent. Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX post highest retail sales to date. :happy feet: I just hope they dont wait last minute to get things organized for the flex.Problem is thats managements way of doing things... :finger:

Your an idiot, don't tell people what they want to hear tell them what they need to hear. Ford sales are going to sh:censored: and you know it. Ford is losing in the double digits of market share EVERY MONTH FOR YEARS NOW add that to the fact Ford has mortgaged every thing and their mother, simply there just is no way forward.

sept 08 i was told by some of the guys that it should be by jan 08 or by march 08 the latest i hope its sooner better than latter

thanks guys anyone else have an idea

i heard a good one today in the body shop. layoff one week in nov. than 3 shifts in jan. train till feb. over produce in feb an mar. to allow time to launch flex. also leaders are going to pilot plant to train on new d 472 that launch moved up 2 months!!! not from a reliable person!!!

Edited by oac bodyboy

Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX post highest retail sales to date. :happy feet:

That's great! Too bad it's not true. Although sales did pick up a bit compared to other months during the summer (thanks to the Family Pricing promotion and Ambassador program) May is still the best month for combined Edge/MKX sales and will in all likelihood finish that way for the year.

May 2007 sales:

Edge - 12,701

MKX - 3,490

total - 16,191

Sept. 2007

Edge - 11,632

MKX - 3,805

total - 15,437

Still good news....for those products at least

The bad news....plenty of other Ford products slid and slid big.

Edited by WTF????

That's great! Too bad it's not true. Although sales did pick up a bit compared to other months during the summer (thanks to the Family Pricing promotion and Ambassador program) May is still the best month for combined Edge/MKX sales and will in all likelihood finish that way for the year.

May 2007 sales:

Edge - 12,701

MKX - 3,490

total - 16,191

Sept. 2007

Edge - 11,632

MKX - 3,805

total - 15,437

Still good news....for those products at least

The bad news....plenty of other Ford products slid and slid big.

Those Edge and MKX numbers are just US sales. That doesn't include sales outside of the US.

will be interesting to see what the future holds for manufacturing in canada with a dollar thats worth more than a greenback.

truly unchartered territory.

Don't forget the health care advantage we held on the U.S. well that is over too. Now if you add in Chicago having horrendous sales and sharing our D platform plus Hermosillo sharing our D3 platform, lets just say if you have all your eggs in the OAC basket right now would be a good time to take a few out.

Don't forget the health care advantage we held on the U.S. well that is over too. Now if you add in Chicago having horrendous sales and sharing our D platform plus Hermosillo sharing our D3 platform, lets just say if you have all your eggs in the OAC basket right now would be a good time to take a few out.

ford is in this for the long run, how long do you think the dollar isa going to stay even

post-20001-1124205211_thumb.jpg

ford is in this for the long run, how long do you think the dollar isa going to stay even

Ford needs to build multiple different vehicles in Canada or face duties bringing them over the border. That is the way it was before the Auto Pact. The Auto Pact is now gone.

As long as the US is fighting the war virtually on its own, I can't see the US dollar rising. I can see Americans boycotting countries that are not doing their part. The US dollar will rise when they achieve a significant victory in the war. High oil prices keep the loonie high also. Stability in The Middle East would bring oil prices down.

geopolitical circumstance suggests a very long time and go even higher possibly much higher.

The more countries use the euro as their standard the lower the greenback goes.

Why can't this forum report news that is happening daily in our plant..........ie! body sent home last night in 4 hours......see, thats what people comming here want to read. No one wants to read about the moron trim guy and every one that attacks him.

Here! Here! Unless you want my recipe for chocolate chip cookies... :shades:

Why can't this forum report news that is happening daily in our plant..........ie! body sent home last night in 4 hours......see, thats what people comming here want to read. No one wants to read about the moron trim guy and every one that attacks him.

Maybe there are too many bodies. They are supposed to be running some Flex so that will slow the system down. Ooooo...maybe they are going to drain out body build for the strike. They are planning to eliminate Central. These senior members will belong to production departments and have bidding rights. The cleaning jobs will later be outsourced. Have you ever seen someone who worked 30 years on the line? Did you watch the movie Count of Monte Crisco?

Maybe there are too many bodies. They are supposed to be running some Flex so that will slow the system down. Ooooo...maybe they are going to drain out body build for the strike. They are planning to eliminate Central. These senior members will belong to production departments and have bidding rights. The cleaning jobs will later be outsourced. Have you ever seen someone who worked 30 years on the line? Did you watch the movie Count of Monte Crisco?

Wow! I guess that really sums it up. No more need for this thread, all has been said. Hey! I'm a poet an' don't know it. As for the Count of Monte Cristo, nope. But I picked up a cheap copy of Dr Zivago.

Wow! I guess that really sums it up. No more need for this thread, all has been said. Hey! I'm a poet an' don't know it. As for the Count of Monte Cristo, nope. But I picked up a cheap copy of Dr Zivago.

WTF is wrong with you? ;) Why did you have to go and quote that idiot wingnut for? The forum was so peacfull becuase the majority of us got him on the ignore list. In otherwords.. unless somebody quotes him.. we dont see or hear him.

WTF is wrong with you? ;) Why did you have to go and quote that idiot wingnut for? The forum was so peacfull becuase the majority of us got him on the ignore list. In otherwords.. unless somebody quotes him.. we dont see or hear him.

Okay, okay, I get the message. Just having a little fun! :stirpot:

WHATS THE LATEST NEWS GUYS AND NEW INFORMATION?

I guess nothing new going on, since no one replied to your post and it has been 6 days. so nothing going on at plant all wet and dry. maybe trimindingman got deported back home, since he hasn't replied to your massages.

WHATS ALL THIS TALK ABOUT THE TWO TIER WAGE SYSTEM I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS ONLY GOING TO BE FOR THE NEW HIRES THAT WILL START IN THE FUTURE THAT WILL START WITH TWO TIER WAGES BUT READING SOME OF THE POSTS FROM THE BOYS IN THE USA IT SEEMS THAT IT WILL EFFECT ALL WORKING MEMBERS ?

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TWO TIER BULLSHIT!!!!!

WHATS ALL THIS TALK ABOUT THE TWO TIER WAGE SYSTEM I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS ONLY GOING TO BE FOR THE NEW HIRES THAT WILL START IN THE FUTURE THAT WILL START WITH TWO TIER WAGES BUT READING SOME OF THE POSTS FROM THE BOYS IN THE USA IT SEEMS THAT IT WILL EFFECT ALL WORKING MEMBERS ?

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TWO TIER BULLSHIT!!!!!

Look it up. The contract is all over the internet.

Yes, people who can't operate the CAPS LOCK button get the lower tier wage.

The good news is that it's an attainable skill.

your not funny fag i dont give a shit about caps or no caps its a forum not an english.

the good news for you your an attainable bitch.

Edited by azzurri