OAC News

otp

So what? because we're in the internet age, that justifies being totally unsympathetic to decency and good taste? It is just wrong to be spreading rumours and unfounded stories about someone who is suffering and be it on the internet, or in the plant, I say STFU if you don't know the person. If and when his family wants to say something, they will say it through the proper channels, not through the rumour mill.

Take a chill pill.

There's been no disrespect in any of these posts. If someone was bantering about his name, hypothesizing how the accident occurred, posting that he's hanging by a thread and whatnot then yes...that would disrespectful. I'm sure I'm not alone in regards to everyone at OAC who know him/don't know him hoping he makes a full recovery from this tragic incident. I only mentioned the retirement thing at all because to me it makes a tragic situation a little more so to me. Always seems that terrible incidents seem to happen to the nicest of people and in this case a gentleman on the verge of leaving Ford for good and off to enjoy the rest of his life.

And as has been alluded to...this is the internet and this is the OAC section of Blue Oval News.....easily one of the top forums for rumor spreading and hearsay that I've ever come across. If it bugs you that much the answer is simple......don't log on. I serious accident occurred in the plant that almost took a man's life.....people are gonna talk about it.

The plant managers newsletter stated the family is asking for privacy and to me nobody has broken that request.

In other OAC related news, layoff notices for Flex only job holders were handed out on all shifts yesterday in Body. I would assume the same has taken place for all other departments as well.

Edited by WTF????

Why are you so angry Oakville Insider? Nobody has posted anything disrespectful or unsympathetic, everybody has only been wishing the best for him and his family on here and in the plant.

I'm angry at a-holes who make up rumours and say stuff like "I heard he was going to retire next week". It was bull and if the guy didn't have first hand information, he shouldn't be saying shit he knows f all about was my point. The man is laying in an induced coma and can't defend himself, for gawds sake, have some respect and report on how we wish him well, not stuff you know jack shit about. I personally know the man, work very close to his work area, saw the accident scene first hand (although not at the time of the accident, I was on days and saw the aftermath). Since then I have heard countless rumours and outright bull that just has no place.

I'm angry at a-holes who make up rumours and say stuff like "I heard he was going to retire next week". It was bull and if the guy didn't have first hand information, he shouldn't be saying shit he knows f all about was my point.

Like was stated before: welcome to the internet; and you stfu by not contributing to the gossip as it bothers you so much. HYPOCRITE!

Like was stated before: welcome to the internet; and you stfu by not contributing to the gossip as it bothers you so much. HYPOCRITE!

I don't get your point. You're saying because its the internet, its OK to say stuff you know jack shit about?, and if someone calls you on it, they're a HYPOCRITE? please explain where I'm being a hypocrite, by consistenly NOT saying shit I don't know about. Maybe I should just start something, and that might make you happy? Maybe something about you....after all it is the internet, so it would be OK right?

I'm angry at a-holes who make up rumours and say stuff like "I heard he was going to retire next week". It was bull and if the guy didn't have first hand information, he shouldn't be saying shit he knows f all about was my point. The man is laying in an induced coma and can't defend himself, for gawds sake, have some respect and report on how we wish him well, not stuff you know jack shit about. I personally know the man, work very close to his work area, saw the accident scene first hand (although not at the time of the accident, I was on days and saw the aftermath). Since then I have heard countless rumours and outright bull that just has no place.

Yep, I know OAC_Sparky.....but :)

Here is this guy complaining about people talking on a public forum about a brother that was hurt, but he still feels the need to discuss the man and his situation.

hyp·o·criteShow Spelled Pronunciation[hip-uh-krit]

–noun

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Maybe now he will understand why he is what he is. May have to post the meaning of ignorant for him next :boring:

Yep, I know OAC_Sparky.....but :)

Here is this guy complaining about people talking on a public forum about a brother that was hurt, but he still feels the need to discuss the man and his situation.

hyp·o·criteShow Spelled Pronunciation[hip-uh-krit]

–noun

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Maybe now he will understand why he is what he is. May have to post the meaning of ignorant for him next :boring:

OK, I'm going to end this tonight, Sparky is right and it is so last week. I'm just going to try and ask peacefully what the fuck you think I said that was hypocritical. I've just read back to all my posts on the subject, and of course, being biased, I didn't think I said anything wrong. You obviously do find something wrong and take offense at my taking offense at someone spreading rumours. Is it all right to spread rumours that are not true on the internet, because after all, "it is the internet"? doesn't matter if they're true or not...just that welcome to this thing called the internet.

Never have I spread a rumour about the man, whom I personally know, and all I've ever done is ask people to shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're posting is true, and I get shit on....so what? say bullshit about a brother who is sick and unable to defend himself....it is the internet, we're allowed?

I'm dumb, and I guess getting old, because for the likes of me I don't understand where the time has come that when someone has come to be incapacitated due to a work injury, instead of rallying around him and wishing him well, we'll start making up stories and defending our stories instead of the brother.

Go ahead, call me what you want, I know in my heart, I have my brothers back, and will defend him until the day he can do so for himself. Those of you who chose to make up stories, a pox on your house, and I hope you're in the same situations some day and wake up saying "I know its not true, but hey, it was said on the internet, so its OK"

My last words on the subject, I apologize, because I personally felt I was standing up to a brother from unfounded rumours which have very quickly been proven wrong, but you've all shown me how wrong I was.

I was defending the union of the 90's not you pussies from the 2000's who are every man for himself.

OK, I'm going to end this tonight, Sparky is right and it is so last week. I'm just going to try and ask peacefully what the fuck you think I said that was hypocritical. I've just read back to all my posts on the subject, and of course, being biased, I didn't think I said anything wrong. You obviously do find something wrong and take offense at my taking offense at someone spreading rumours. Is it all right to spread rumours that are not true on the internet, because after all, "it is the internet"? doesn't matter if they're true or not...just that welcome to this thing called the internet.

Never have I spread a rumour about the man, whom I personally know, and all I've ever done is ask people to shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're posting is true, and I get shit on....so what? say bullshit about a brother who is sick and unable to defend himself....it is the internet, we're allowed?

I'm dumb, and I guess getting old, because for the likes of me I don't understand where the time has come that when someone has come to be incapacitated due to a work injury, instead of rallying around him and wishing him well, we'll start making up stories and defending our stories instead of the brother.

Go ahead, call me what you want, I know in my heart, I have my brothers back, and will defend him until the day he can do so for himself. Those of you who chose to make up stories, a pox on your house, and I hope you're in the same situations some day and wake up saying "I know its not true, but hey, it was said on the internet, so its OK"

My last words on the subject, I apologize, because I personally felt I was standing up to a brother from unfounded rumours which have very quickly been proven wrong, but you've all shown me how wrong I was.

I was defending the union of the 90's not you pussies from the 2000's who are every man for himself.

Okay hold on a second, (I'm speaking from my personal opinions here), from what I 've read so far, the only "rumour" is that he was suppose to retire soon right? Why does that bother you so much seriously? It's not that big a deal, the best answer would have been, "nah he wasn't", and that would have been the end of it; Instead you blow up and make a big scene and I don't really see a reason for it, granted im not in your area so I have no idea what other stuff people could be saying, I am just commenting on what you've said so far.

What we should all be focusing on is that one of our brothers got injured and that we are here to support him, blowing up at people and arguing here is pretty pointless.

And by the way, my seniority date is 2002 and I worked in trim for 3.5, and in my experience its guys with higher seniority which gave me the "every man for themselves" kind of attitude, I can't count the amount of times I've been trying to learn a job with a guy and he would leave early and let me fend for myself on a job I don't know or the leaders wouldn't answer call lights cause they were playing cards, but that doesn't change the fact that someone almost got killed in my workplace.

Best wishes to him, and I hope he gets better.

Okay hold on a second, (I'm speaking from my personal opinions here), from what I 've read so far, the only "rumour" is that he was suppose to retire soon right? Why does that bother you so much seriously? It's not that big a deal, the best answer would have been, "nah he wasn't", and that would have been the end of it; Instead you blow up and make a big scene and I don't really see a reason for it, granted im not in your area so I have no idea what other stuff people could be saying, I am just commenting on what you've said so far.

What we should all be focusing on is that one of our brothers got injured and that we are here to support him, blowing up at people and arguing here is pretty pointless.

And by the way, my seniority date is 2002 and I worked in trim for 3.5, and in my experience its guys with higher seniority which gave me the "every man for themselves" kind of attitude, I can't count the amount of times I've been trying to learn a job with a guy and he would leave early and let me fend for myself on a job I don't know or the leaders wouldn't answer call lights cause they were playing cards, but that doesn't change the fact that someone almost got killed in my workplace.

Best wishes to him, and I hope he gets better.

Wow! Thanks for the insight on the "Canadian Way" with regards to how the trim department in a final assembly plant is run. I'll be transferring from an ACH plant to a trim department in a U.S. final assembly plant soon - so, I can use the tips.

You Canadians are amazing! For the most part, you write in complete and coherent sentences, and are for the most part, civil towards one another. Also, maybe most surprising of all, you guys have accumulated a total of 185 pages of text, ALL on the SAME topic. Why haven't you guys started numerous threads on the same topic, like my U.S. brethren do? Where's your sense of sheer stupidity? LOL!

I'll leave you guys alone now. Not because I don't like you, but rather because I'm not sure I fit in. I'm not sure why, but I've got this strange desire to start another thread, and I'm not sure you guys would follow me... Although, if you guys wouldn't answer the call lights, I'd probably figure it out sooner or later... LOL!

Peace.

HDM

I am on the transfer list to Oakville. I would appreciate any information you might have on the Flex launch and the numbers of extra employees the plant will require. Will there be a third shift? If so will it be three eight hour shifts or will they run the third shift on Fri.,Sat.,Sun. like they do at some plants in the States. Also, a concern I have is that Oakville will be pressured to accept a MOA( modern operating agreement) like we did in Windsor to secure new work for Essex Engine Plant(if it ever occurs) that allows the company to contract out the janitorial, stock and material handling depts. that would limit transfers from Windsor.Right now we have 631 production on layoff with 182 on notice and 188 skilled trades on lay off with 68 on notice.

I am on the transfer list to Oakville. I would appreciate any information you might have on the Flex launch and the numbers of extra employees the plant will require. Will there be a third shift? If so will it be three eight hour shifts or will they run the third shift on Fri.,Sat.,Sun. like they do at some plants in the States. Also, a concern I have is that Oakville will be pressured to accept a MOA( modern operating agreement) like we did in Windsor to secure new work for Essex Engine Plant(if it ever occurs) that allows the company to contract out the janitorial, stock and material handling depts. that would limit transfers from Windsor.Right now we have 631 production on layoff with 182 on notice and 188 skilled trades on lay off with 68 on notice.

Oakville is already operating under the MOA, they had to agree to it to become a flex plant. I believe STAP is the only plant not operating under the MOA, but we'll have to get new product.

Oakville is already operating under the MOA, they had to agree to it to become a flex plant. I believe STAP is the only plant not operating under the MOA, but we'll have to get new product.

MOA? COA? no OAC has not contracted out Janitorial, material handling, or any other work of that nature as of yet.

Just to clarify, our MOA is a shelf agreement that will only take effect if Essex Engine is reopened. I am not sure if the MOA will effect the the other two plants (Windsor Engine and Annex) or only Essex Engine. In todays paper it stated that even if the federal government gave Ford 30 million today for it`s share of the investment into Essex Engine, the company would not announce the product until later in the year(ie. until after the new contract). We could still lose this new engine to either the US or Mexico if the contract negotiations don`t satisfy the company. September is going to be interesting.

Just to clarify, our MOA is a shelf agreement that will only take effect if Essex Engine is reopened. I am not sure if the MOA will effect the the other two plants (Windsor Engine and Annex) or only Essex Engine. In todays paper it stated that even if the federal government gave Ford 30 million today for it`s share of the investment into Essex Engine, the company would not announce the product until later in the year(ie. until after the new contract). We could still lose this new engine to either the US or Mexico if the contract negotiations don`t satisfy the company. September is going to be interesting.

I'm not exactly sure what the details on the MOA for Essex Engine are, each agreement is different as it pertains to outsourced janitorial, dock work, declassified trades etc. Oakville may have signed (or has signed) an agreement with completely different stipulations. For example, Windsor signed a "MOA" in '94 to get the Triton program. That is why when you worked on the engine line there, you bid into a cell, and were responsible for all the jobs in that cell, either rotating daily, half day, hourly (whatever). This was a break from the old way, and the way Essex operated which had you bidding on a specific job and did that one job every day, no rotation.

My point is that these MOA's, COA's or whatever seem to be plant specific, there may be a basic framework that they are all based upon, but each location seems to hammer out the details on their own. My question would be what Oakville is like with it as compared to the previous operating style.

Edited by canuck

I'm not exactly sure what the details on the MOA for Essex Engine are, each agreement is different as it pertains to outsourced janitorial, dock work, declassified trades etc. Oakville may have signed (or has signed) an agreement with completely different stipulations. For example, Windsor signed a "MOA" in '94 to get the Triton program. That is why when you worked on the engine line there, you bid into a cell, and were responsible for all the jobs in that cell, either rotating daily, half day, hourly (whatever). This was a break from the old way, and the way Essex operated which had you bidding on a specific job and did that one job every day, no rotation.

My point is that these MOA's, COA's or whatever seem to be plant specific, there may be a basic framework that they are all based upon, but each location seems to hammer out the details on their own. My question would be what Oakville is like with it as compared to the previous operating style.

OAC is suppose to rotate in their work groups but never has actually done it. There have been situations where supervisors have taken advantage of the fact other wise all is the same generally.

Oakville is really in limbo right now, in 04 we signed the flex letters to secure an investment and products. Now remember that, than in 05 or 06 we were asked to vote on and extra volume package and that is taking the midnight shift and making it a weekend crew. So lets recap flex, we build freestar and the new Edge/Mkx. Minivan production ended early so that fucked up our flex agreement so for about 2 or 2.5 years we have paint and body on the new flex letters 3 shifts and we had Mp&l and Predelivery on 3 shifts but they scaled that back to 2. Now that really fucked things up!!! Trim and Chassis are rumored to be going 3 shifts soon but how knows, Plant Manager is hinting at it. We did not give up any classifications or outsourced any in plant jobs yet. There is alot more to it but what we need to get Oakville straitened out is the whole complex on 3 shifts so every dept. can operate on one operating pattern!!!!!

Oakville is really in limbo right now, in 04 we signed the flex letters to secure an investment and products. Now remember that, than in 05 or 06 we were asked to vote on and extra volume package and that is taking the midnight shift and making it a weekend crew. So lets recap flex, we build freestar and the new Edge/Mkx. Minivan production ended early so that fucked up our flex agreement so for about 2 or 2.5 years we have paint and body on the new flex letters 3 shifts and we had Mp&l and Predelivery on 3 shifts but they scaled that back to 2. Now that really fucked things up!!! Trim and Chassis are rumored to be going 3 shifts soon but how knows, Plant Manager is hinting at it. We did not give up any classifications or outsourced any in plant jobs yet. There is alot more to it but what we need to get Oakville straitened out is the whole complex on 3 shifts so every dept. can operate on one operating pattern!!!!!

Actually we have outsourced many parts....IP line, engine decking, headliner now comes complete with visors attached, we no longer dress the doors..speakers, regulators are all in "cassettes..thats a signifcant reduction in parts that we add.

We have already outsourced a lot of jobs, so we are already at the same level as plants in the US after their contract. We shouldn't have to give up any more. Our dollar going up saves them even more, as they are not paying extra in wages and benefits for the outsourced work. We still have National Health Care, which we pay for ourselves through our taxes. In the States, the company has to pay it. I can remember when we built about 1500 units a day between the two plants with a workforce of about 6500 in 1976. Now we build just over 1000 a day with a workforce of less than 3000. I call that much improved productivity.

Does anyone have information on the extra manpower for the flex luanch in addition to the 175 laidoff Oakville employees being called back. There were to be 30 people from Windsor given transfer offers in January. They were to work for two weeks, then be laid off until the end of March at which time they would begin steady employment at Oakville. Is that all 205 extra people you will need for the Flex or is it a slow start prior to ramp up when additional people will be required. I just want to know when I will possibly be going up. Local 200 has very little information for us.

Edited by fordwindsor