OAC News

otp

Our health care is the worst. Hospitals are killing more people than they are curing these days in Canada, and we are paying more than double what US style health insurance would cost. The only ones going bankrupt from medical bills in the US are the ones who chose not to buy health insurance. The ones who can't afford it are looked after. You may care about others who you consider less fortunate than you. Maybe you are really less fortunate than they are and maybe they really hate your guts rather than being appreciative that you work a large portion of your life supporting them. We are the most intelligent animal species on the planet. Why are we so pathetic? We are just as capable of looking after ourselves as any other animal without having a welfare system. In the future we will become more and more controlled by government until we completely lose all of our freedom. We need to start dismantling this monster before it is too late.

MAYBE your a fucking goof......tell us again how much YOU made in a week....maybe the rest of us will wonder at your genius and place in the world or maybe we will assume that you are just a sanctimonious douche bag.

I would rather live in Canada and pay the taxes and enjoy all the benifits they allow us, excess to good health care,education, quality policing and important environmental policies. In the USA your one illness away from bankruptcy and impoverishment. We all have to make choices on what kind of society we want, do we help our fellow man ??? or only think of ourselves.

I think we need government to manage our Taxes better, but at the end of the day I think canada is the place to be.

Trim: Did you read what I said, We have already been shown democracy and hopfully we continue to evolve it. The U.N. is trying to help other countries around the world to implement it.

Trim go to this Web sight so you may educate yourself on the rights of the people and the privileges of corproations {businesses}. google " now corproations claim the right to lie"

Definition of Communism A totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarain party controls the state and the elimination of private property.

Definition of Democracy Government by the people, rule by majority.

A government in which the supreme power is vested in we the people and excerised by them directly through a system of representation involving free elections.

Your theory about the labour shortage and wages is ridiculous, the corporate feudal lords have taken care of that with globalization. We will never have a labour shortage because the corproations have out sourced many of the good paying jobs , and they are working their way up the ladder to the middle class US. They are eliminating the demand, so there is know need for supply, until we all will work for a bowl of rice.

The jobs you are talking about are going to China, India, Korea etc...but of course their will be lots of $10.00 hour jobs just like in the U.S.A.{ WalMart }like you said 10years ahead.

The labour shortage; they took care of that also with the changing of some of the immigration policies. Did you know that some corproations bring in labour from other counties and they are not allowed to work for anyone else.They cann't better themselves or educate themselves and if the business does want them anymore or they don't do what they are told { slavery} they just ship them back no question asked. MAPLELEAF FOODS DOES THIS.

That $2200 bonus you are talking about came from your left pocket to your right pocket { the shell game}. The CAW took your last 1\2 hour premium at the end of the shift on the flex agreement, no breaks and no premium. CAW and Buzz dangling the gold carrot $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and everybody gobbles it up. Also I forgot the most important group that misrepresented us, our local barganing masturbators, they shoved it to their 707 members like a rendered mule.

They took $8.50 a day $42.50 a week that's $2200 a year their's your bonus, if you have 10 years to go to retirement that's $ 22,000.00 and that's with no cola or wage increases. This is not a signing bonus it's a quality,production bonus their is a big difference.

That's a very interesting site " www.now corproation have the right to lie"

It would be informative if the union show us the break down like you did in dollars, could you try and figure out the other financial details that this contract cost us.

Also did anyone here that Gary Beck our fearful leader is going to the CAW National Union, the rumor in trim and on the floor is he was already offered a job and is just buying time so it doesn't look bad when he bails halfway through his term to the National.

The woman trim rep said it best in her leaflet-- I think her name is Arlene McCormick -- that alot of our local rep have flown the coop to the national. For a woman she has bigger balls than most of our union reps. Way to go girl, your one of the few who know what the floor is thinking and also have not forgot what it's like to work on the line and only get two breaks of 10 mins and 12 mins through out the shift. I 'm glad in Toronto you and the other rep voted with your conscience and had the guts to stand up for your local. There are alot of pretenders that talk the talk but when the perssure on they cann't walk the walk. I'm sorry to see her go she was a good rep and I would like to say thank you for all her help over the last couple of years.

Edited by Sangreal

That's a very interesting site " www.now corproation have the right to lie"

It would be informative if the union show us the break down like you did in dollars, could you try and figure out the other financial details that this contract cost us.

Also did anyone here that Gary Beck our fearful leader is going to the CAW National Union, the rumor on the floor is he was already offered a job and is just buying time so it doesn't look bad when he bails halfway through his term to the National.

The woman trim rep said it best in her leaflet-- I think her name is Arlene McCormick -- that alot of our local rep have flown the coop to the national. For a woman she has bigger balls than most of our union reps. Way to go girl, your one of the few who know what the floor is thinking and also have not forgot what it's like to work on the line and only get two breaks of 10 mins and 12 mins through out the shift. I 'm glad in Toronto you and the other rep voted with your conscience and had the guts to stand up for your local. There are alot of pretenders that talk the talk but when the perssure on they cann't walk the walk.

Thats odd I didn't hear her at the ratification vote... and YOU CAN ALWAYS SPEAK UP FOR YOUR LOCAL

or you can be an internet hero after the fact.

Thats odd I didn't hear her at the ratification vote... and YOU CAN ALWAYS SPEAK UP FOR YOUR LOCAL

or you can be an internet hero after the fact.

Their was enough people expressing their thoughts about the contract and I think she already made her point on a bigger stage in Toronto. Some people can be leaders and some people play a smaller roll but in the end we all have one vote and the floor has spoken.

But Charly you are right about one thing, after this contract, I am thinking of getting more involved in the union , because what i,m hearing in my area that almost 100 % of the people are not happy with the way the local and Buzz approached it's members by having a ratification vote set before they ever discussed our local issues. I thought the members had a voice in what was being negotiated,looks like we were just pushed aside and they did what they wanted. Is that the proper democratic propcess of our union I think not!

Edited by Sangreal

MAYBE your a fucking goof......tell us again how much YOU made in a week....maybe the rest of us will wonder at your genius and place in the world or maybe we will assume that you are just a sanctimonious douche bag.

I can see that they have really got you brainwashed, or should I say "brain"washed.

I was referring to how much I took home in a week. Over two thousand dollars of my money went to feed Big Brother. They get the bonus, and we get the bon-er. People who are on the collecting end really get a kick out of it when the government sticks it to us. I am still waiting for some really appreciative out-of- work person to come and offer to cut my grass for me. After all, I sacrificed a part of my life for him.

yadda yadda yadda!!!

Anyways, can someone answer if the buyout packages that were negotiated in the new contract also pertain to Oakville or are they site specific to St. Thomas and Windsor. I was told by an Oakville HR rep. during our pref. hire seminar that Oakville's worforce has alot of employees eligable for retirement or are close to that point.

Are you working Saturdays and what does Saturdays look like on the schedule when the Flex is fully ramped up after shutdown.

Thanks.

That's a very interesting site " www.now corproation have the right to lie"It would be informative if the union show us the break down like you did in dollars, could you try and figure out the other financial details that this contract cost us.Also did anyone here that Gary Beck our fearful leader is going to the  CAW National Union, the rumor in trim and on the floor is he was already offered a job and is just buying time so it doesn't look bad when he bails halfway through his term to the National.  The woman  trim rep said it best in her leaflet-- I think her name is Arlene McCormick -- that alot of our local rep have flown the coop to the national. For a woman she has bigger balls than most of our union reps. Way to go girl, your  one of the few who know what the floor is thinking and also have not forgot what it's like to work on the line and only get two breaks of 10 mins and 12 mins through out the shift. I 'm glad in Toronto you and the other rep voted with your conscience  and had the guts to stand up for your local. There are alot of pretenders that talk the talk but when the perssure on they cann't walk the walk. I'm sorry to see her go she was a  good rep and I would like to say thank you for all her help over the last couple of years.
not sure where you got your information, there was only one brother who recorded his vote in opposition and that was done at the local agreement. if you want to speak out against something you have to record your vote in opposition otherwise it means nothing. so in fact the leadership supported 100% in favour of the economic package and the leadership except 1 voted in favour of local agreement. if a rep tells you anything diferent they are the pretenders and cant handle the pressure

yadda yadda yadda!!!

Anyways, can someone answer if the buyout packages that were negotiated in the new contract also pertain to Oakville or are they site specific to St. Thomas and Windsor. I was told by an Oakville HR rep. during our pref. hire seminar that Oakville's worforce has alot of employees eligable for retirement or are close to that point.

Are you working Saturdays and what does Saturdays look like on the schedule when the Flex is fully ramped up after shutdown.

Thanks.

the people transferring from Windsor have some great questions, however now one has any answers.

Nobody knows for sure, nobody will until we see how the Flex is received. Overtime is never guaranteed, Fordwindsor; it's feast or famine just like anywhere else including when I worked in Windsor. Don't base your decision on the overtime, if you feel you'd be struggling on 40 hours then you have to plan for it not to be there and make your decision accordingly. There are multiple shift arrangements based on the production sched, you might end up in a department or shift that has little overtime.

Thanks for the information it is appreciated. When is your next membership meeting. I can't find it on the 707 website. I will be driving up for a weekend to check accomodations and if a meeting is soon, I'll go that weekend to hear what the concerns are in Oakville, especially with the new contract.

Thanks for the information it is appreciated. When is your next membership meeting. I can't find it on the 707 website. I will be driving up for a weekend to check accomodations and if a meeting is soon, I'll go that weekend to hear what the concerns are in Oakville, especially with the new contract.

What is your seniority if you don't mind me asking.

It looks like we are in the same boat with the same questions.

To be honest with you there are too many unanswered questions about OAC.

I have already went to Hamilton twice to check out what it is like.

Do you know if the transfers from Windsor will be starting before the new hires in July.I saw a recent post on here stating that the new hires will be starting in August.

The fact that we are getting the letters in June about the transfer is pretty much cutting it close and leaves very little time to make any arrangements or good decisions.

Their was enough people expressing their thoughts about the contract and I think she already made her point on a bigger stage in Toronto. Some people can be leaders and some people play a smaller roll but in the end we all have one vote and the floor has spoken.

But Charly you are right about one thing, after this contract, I am thinking of getting more involved in the union , because what i,m hearing in my area that almost 100 % of the people are not happy with the way the local and Buzz approached it's members by having a ratification vote set before they ever discussed our local issues. I thought the members had a voice in what was being negotiated,looks like we were just pushed aside and they did what they wanted. Is that the proper democratic propcess of our union I think not!

Some think they are on a stage and play thier role willingly, but just a few of us realize how big the stage is and how most rehearse thier lines unknowingly.

Good luck Gary.

The fact that we are getting the letters in June about the transfer is pretty much cutting it close and leaves very little time to make any arrangements or good decisions.

Don't expect a lot of notice. When I got my preferential hire, they called me Friday afternoon to start 6:50AM Monday morning.

Do you know if the transfers from Windsor will be starting before the new hires in July.I saw a recent post on here stating that the new hires will be starting in August.

i do feel for you guys transferring in! we will be going 3 shifts in the beginning of sept. 500 to 600 new hires off the street will be hired in June to start on the shop floor on July 21. my best guess is that Windsor will start at the same time. after the 3 shifts are up and running the company has some options to work us on mandatory Saturdays or move the midnight shift to the weekend crew.

you see we have one part of the plant operating on the same system that has been in place since, well way before i was born and another operating on the new flex 04 agreement and we are all looking at the 05 extra volume agreement and now our new collective agreement that has tweaked all the above. you have questions and so do we!!!

the future is oakville so come on down and we will go through it together...

I dont mind at all. My hire date is May 26, 1999. If any new hires are placed before us there will be trouble as we are first in line. I think what will happen is we will go through orientation first starting July 21. Then the new hires in groups just as when we were hired, they started in groups of about 50 - 80 people a week. The highest Windsor seniority person will have the highest seniority of the transfers and transfer seniority will go down the line following the Windsor seniority list of the transfer group.

We should be getting the letters this week.

Do you have a group together to carpool and/or accomodation?

Yes many unanswered questions and it will be stressfull. But you got to do what you need to do to survive. I never imagined that the situation would ever get this bad(especially for Windsor and not only for Ford).

There should be loads of student housing available for summer leaving time to sort out the situation for something better for September.

not sure where you got your information, there was only one brother who recorded his vote in opposition and that was done at the local agreement. if you want to speak out against something you have to record your vote in opposition otherwise it means nothing. so in fact the leadership supported 100% in favour of the economic package and the leadership except 1 voted in favour of local agreement. if a rep tells you anything diferent they are the pretenders and cant handle the pressure

I didn't know that when you vote you have to record your vote in oppsition, so I asked a rep and he said you are right. But he told me that they put all kinds of pressure and veral attacks on you to change your vote is this ture? Also some people said they were told they were going to get black balled. If these things take place it 's a shame, so wonder why there so much apathy and mistust with in the unoin movement. Now I understand why people don't want to get involved. But To the normal guy on the floor he looks at it in a different way, they still voted with the majority of 707 members against this contract. Also the Master and local barganning committee { correction sheeeeep}were not in tune with their own members and that show how out of touch they really are. Like you said they are pretending to represent us.

I would like to elucidate what I said in an early post, I didn't discuss anything with Arlene and I have never heard her say a bad word about our leadership. I only read her leaflet and started to think about all the rep that have jumped ship over the last few years to the CAW National, it's alarming.

But is it a coincidents that they push through something abysmal then shazzam, poof they evaporate into thin air or hot air if you end up at the CAW national

Edited by Sangreal

I didn't know that when you vote you have to record your vote in oppsition, so I asked a rep and he said you are right. But he told me that they put all kinds of pressure and veral attacks on you to change your vote is this ture? Also some people said they were told they were going to get black balled. If these things take place it 's a shame, so wonder why there so much apathy and mistust with in the unoin movement. Now I understand why people don't want to get involved. But To the normal guy on the floor he looks at it in a different way, they still voted with the majority of 707 members against this contract. Also the Master and local barganning committee { correction sheeeeep}were not in tune with their own members and that show how out of touch they really are. Like you said they are pretending to represent us.

I would like to elucidate what I said in an early post, I didn't discuss anything with Arlene and I have never heard her say a bad word about our leadership. I only read her leaflet and started to think about all the rep that have jumped ship over the last few years to the CAW National, it's alarming.

But is it a coincidents that they push through something abysmal then shazzam, poof they evaporate into thin air or hot air if you end up at the CAW national

sounds like someone is making excuses, if they cant handle the pressure and fold and worry about getting blackballed what do they do when the company puts pressure on them.the membership elecrted the bargaining committee or as you put it sheeeeeep, makes you wonder how every other plant FORD,GM,CHRYSLER past by over 80% with the same contract

:happy feet:

sounds like someone is making excuses, if they cant handle the pressure and fold and worry about getting blackballed what do they do when the company puts pressure on them.the membership elecrted the bargaining committee or as you put it sheeeeeep, makes you wonder how every other plant FORD,GM,CHRYSLER past by over 80% with the same contract

also majority of 707 did not turn it down,theres 4000 members how many voted no, does that give you majority???????????

maybe its not the bargaining committee its the membership thats out of touch

:happy feet:

also majority of 707 did not turn it down,theres 4000 members how many voted no, does that give you majority???????????

Aloha there is not 4000 members,also this was one of the biggest turn outs we've had as a local in a long time. The people who show up to vote is how you figure out the % . If you didn't show up I guess you don't care and you loose your right to question the vote. This vote is sending a message to our leadership, because in past ratification we voted 95% in favour of what they negotiated, So turning it down was a wake up call for our local leadership and the national," if they care what their menbers are saying or thinking!!" That's the first time i've seen that many members that animated and upset with a contact and you know over the last few years we've open out the contract countless times.

maybe its not the bargaining committee its the membership thats out of touch

The bargaining committee are elected to represent the will and ideas of the members, not what they think is best. You just don't always follow the pie piper,and do as the national tell you, they have their own agenda. Only through open honest debate and freedom of speach do you make the unoin stronger.

Edited by Sangreal