OAC News

otp

Well, lets see. Maybe the OP was on C shift and was reassigned to A Shift recently. Seeing that we all gave up a week's vacation in the last contract (and didn't let the retirees take a big hit) maybe the OP wants to know when shutdown is so he can make sure he can plan something in advance for his family since he doesn't have retiree's luxury of an open calendar.

So don't worry about why the guy wants to know what shift he's on; be grateful that he intends to show up on his required shift to work, and try to help make FoMoCo a profit so you can continue to enjoy your pension. Thanks for your support.

Well said Sparky, and thats why i need to know about shutdown. The month of july is high time and you need to book soon.

Well said Sparky, and thats why i need to know about shutdown. The month of july is high time and you need to book soon.

Hope you made it to work on proper shift.. Hope you guys hear good news on your return to work.Sorry I was falling into trap on like others belittling posters coments,, won't happen again.. good luck.

There's a bunch of tentative ones but that means nothing til Ford says so....ask your union rep.

tentative is 2 in March, last 2 in April, and 1st in May.

Ya I got the tentative stuff, just hoping someone could confirm.

the ones I got are Feb;pp6 2nd-8th, pp7 9th-15th, pp8 16th-22nd, Mar;pp11 9th-15th, pp12 16th-22nd, Apr;pp17 20th-26th, pp18 27th-May3rd and May;pp19 4th-10.

Mar pp11 9th-15th seems to have been added resently and April on seem to be tentative but from what I understand likely.

Edited by foxrun

Ya I got the tentative stuff, just hoping someone could confirm.

the ones I got are Feb;pp6 2nd-8th, pp7 9th-15th, pp8 16th-22nd, Mar;pp11 9th-15th, pp12 16th-22nd, Apr;pp17 20th-26th, pp18 27th-May3rd and May;pp19 4th-10.

Mar pp11 9th-15th seems to have been added resently and April on seem to be tentative but from what I understand likely.

The wall with the Ford/Lincoln logo facing the QEW needs to be scrubbed down with some trisodium phosphate. It is funny/sad to see the old Windstar logo still there. Where is the pride?

Looking for some OT are we? During the daytime, against the background of a sprawling factory, it does not stand out; kind of has an artistic symbolism, actually. At night, when the lights are on, it is not visible.

Edited by Trimdingman

Word today is that the two week summer shutdown will be in the middle of August this year.

As for the Windstar sign, that was discussed a couple of years ago. FK partizan may drive past the place, but me's thinks you don't or ever have worked here based on your posts.

We were shut down in January. We will be shut down in February, March, April, and May. After that, who knows? Maybe in July, we will also be shut down, but it wll not be our official "shut down". That will be in August. Just as long as these shuddowns don't coincide with my SPAs, I don't care when they are. The company is also giving us $3500 for giving up three weeks of vacation. Don't enjoy those down weeks, because they are not for vacation. They are down weeks.

Edited by Trimdingman

Word today is that the two week summer shutdown will be in the middle of August this year.

As for the Windstar sign, that was discussed a couple of years ago. FK partizan may drive past the place, but me's thinks you don't or ever have worked here based on your posts.

Work(ed) there as a student. Dad is a retiree and pensioner with 39 years. I hope the company does well.

Trimingman,

Visual acuity gets worse with age but anyone under 60 should be able to see it easily, day or night.

Work(ed) there as a student. Dad is a retiree and pensioner with 39 years. I hope the company does well.

Trimingman,

Visual acuity gets worse with age but anyone under 60 should be able to see it easily, day or night.

I like to keep my eyes on the road when I am driving at night. The lit-up lettering will be noticed, but few will see "Windstar". If they do, maybe it will be commented on, and other passengers will look for it, and unconsciously snap a photograph of the Ford logo with their brains. It is called subliminal advertising.

Edited by Trimdingman

I like to keep my eyes on the road when I am driving at night. The lit-up lettering will be noticed, but few will see "Windstar". If they do, maybe it will be commented on, and other passengers will look for it, and unconsciously snap a photograph of the Ford logo with their brains. It is called subliminal advertising.

Even if they cannot or will not make out "windstar," it still looks dirty. That's the point. You bring up subliminal advertising. What is subliminal is that passersby will want to take a bath for some unknown reason once they get home after "seeing" the logo and the wall.

Even if they cannot or will not make out "windstar," it still looks dirty. That's the point. You bring up subliminal advertising. What is subliminal is that passersby will want to take a bath for some unknown reason once they get home after "seeing" the logo and the wall.

They will see the remnants of the old sign consciously, so it will not have the same effect as sub-consciously "seeing" the Ford logo. Everybody instantly recognizes the Ford logo. If you are in a car, and unconsciously "see" it, it could trigger an unconscious desire to visit a Ford dealership. If the sign was in any way damaging to Ford, they would fix it. It obviously isn't. The reason why big signs are placed along busy highways is to attract attention. When you are in a car, and see a car symbol, the effect is exponential, especially if you are unconscious of it.

Edited by Trimdingman

They will see the remnants of the old sign consciously, so it will not have the same effect as sub-consciously "seeing" the Ford logo. Everybody instantly recognizes the Ford logo. If you are in a car, and unconsciously "see" it, it could trigger an unconscious desire to visit a Ford dealership. If the sign was in any way damaging to Ford, they would fix it. It obviously isn't. The reason why big signs are placed along busy highways is to attract attention. When you are in a car, and see a car symbol, the effect is exponential, especially if you are unconscious of it.

No one is arguing about the benefits of the logo. Just clean up the wall which it is fastened to. I can tell that you've been at Ford for many years and a complacent attitude may be setting in. How F@ckin hard or costly can it be to clean the wall?. Is it because you are in housekeeping that you are afraid of getting your geriatric ass out there and cleaning it? Most likely someone else will do it. Don't worry.

Edited by FK partizan

No one is arguing about the benefits of the logo. Just clean up the wall which it is fastened to. I can tell that you've been at Ford for many years and a complacent attitude may be setting in. How F@ckin hard or costly can it be to clean the wall?. Is it because you are in housekeeping that you are afraid of getting your geriatric ass out there and cleaning it? Most likely someone else will do it. Don't worry.

That's not my area. I don't have a working at heights certificate. It probably belongs to the outside contractors now. "Housekeeping" (I've never heard it called that) is done by Premier. They only get $12.50 an hour. Perhaps they can't get anyone to go up there for that. I have driven past Ford Atlanta, Norfolk, Kansas City, Flat Rock, Rouge, Woodhaven, St. Thomas, and Oakville has a better view than any of them. It is just a factory. We used to have an ugly water tower with a weatherbeaten Ford logo painted on it.

Edited by Trimdingman

OAC did you guys end up getting the $3500 yet? We at STAP are curious when you wil be getting this.

Yep, this week. I wrote Steven Harper and asked him to send me and all the CAW auto workers a thank-you note for the cash injection we gave the economy. ($1800 in taxes) Also told him to get rid of the RAT BASTARD Tony Clement.

Ed.

Edited by Edsel

Yep, this week. I wrote Steven Harper and asked him to send me and all the CAW auto workers a thank-you note for the cash injection we gave the economy. ($1800 in taxes) Also told him to get rid of the RAT BASTARD Tony Clement.

Ed.

I am also in favor of much lower taxes, and I would not mind doing away with government agencies that these taxes pay for. These include socialized health care, unemployment insurance, Canada Pension, Old Age Pension, the Supreme Court, public education, UN membership, government foreign embassies, the Senate, Indian Affairs, transfer payments, pork barrel spending, foreign aid, peace keeping, federal penitentiaries, official languages, unnecessary laws and enforcement, welfare, government grants, bailouts, crown corporations, Canada Post, the CBC, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. What would you give up for lower taxes?

Edited by Trimdingman

Hey Trimm, sounds more like you want NO taxes. :lol:

Yea, where did I say that I wanted my taxes to stop? I would gladly pay more taxes, if the money was spent well. Like in France or the Scandinavian counties. But as long as there are RAT BASTARDS like the capitalist Dingman around that won't happen. My point was missed by the man with blinders on though as usual. WE AUTO WORKERS HELP SUPPORT OUR SOCIAL SAFETY NET FOR ALL CANADIANS WITH OUR HUGE TAX CONTRIBUTIONS!! Tony C thinks we make too much, so drop our wages Tony and get less tax from us for the revenue budget, azzhole.

Ed.

Yea, where did I say that I wanted my taxes to stop? I would gladly pay more taxes, if the money was spent well. Like in France or the Scandinavian counties. But as long as there are RAT BASTARDS like the capitalist Dingman around that won't happen. My point was missed by the man with blinders on though as usual. WE AUTO WORKERS HELP SUPPORT OUR SOCIAL SAFETY NET FOR ALL CANADIANS WITH OUR HUGE TAX CONTRIBUTIONS!! Tony C thinks we make too much, so drop our wages Tony and get less tax from us for the revenue budget, azzhole.

Ed.

So Tony C thinks we make too much? Isn't that the pot callin' the kettle black? How about each time the government is in the red, why don't all the civil servants take a pay cut?

Ed.

I agree that the government has no business telling us how much we should make. It was a mistake taking money from them. Now the taxpayers believe that they have a say in what we make as though we were public servants. I took a job with a private company, not the government. All you people who were begging the government for money should have known what would happen if we took it. As for the safety net, it costs far more than the "safety" it provides. It is just an illusion. If things get really bad, it will disappear in a hurry. It is much better to take all of your earnings instead of entrusting a large portion of it to the government. Then it will be there when you need it instead of being pissed away by the government and replaced by worthless IOUs like in the movie "Dumb and Dumber".

Edited by Trimdingman