OAC News

otp

As a recent retiree, ( I still read the forum) are things as bad as I read. It looks like a lot of future downtime

It isn't bad for us yet. We are still getting paid more than we would be if we were collecting a pension. It looks like we will be down 50% of the time for the foreseeable future. It could be that the reason we are still on two shifts is so that the ones who stand to be laid off if we go to one shift will get to vote on the concessions first, before they get laid off.

Edited by Trimdingman

If the money was spent well. Like in France or the Scandinavian counties.

Ed.

I agree ED , We already pay too much , at about 55% total (gas, food, bills, GST, income tax,etc.) and still have to pay for education, in home health care , etc. in Scandanavia they are taxed at a whopping 68% but all these things, including dental , education, in home health care and more are covered 100%. May as well bump us up into that bracket we`re almost there now. $1800 in taxes and cpp/ei is criminal on a $3500 dollar payment that we rightfully deserve. And to think Flaherty was going to do nothing and watch the auto industry die. Without the exorbitant taxes we all pay , including our suppliers and the 1:7 job ratio in the industry tied to auto worker jobs, all those who believe we are overpaid would now have to fund us as the social system would be so strained anyone earning good money would be paying through the nose. 12% over 4 years would be unheard of , most would be in the same boat we are in, wage freezes, cuts, painful measures just to survive.

I agree ED , We already pay too much , at about 55% total (gas, food, bills, GST, income tax,etc.) and still have to pay for education, in home health care , etc. in Scandanavia they are taxed at a whopping 68% but all these things, including dental , education, in home health care and more are covered 100%. May as well bump us up into that bracket we`re almost there now. $1800 in taxes and cpp/ei is criminal on a $3500 dollar payment that we rightfully deserve. And to think Flaherty was going to do nothing and watch the auto industry die. Without the exorbitant taxes we all pay , including our suppliers and the 1:7 job ratio in the industry tied to auto worker jobs, all those who believe we are overpaid would now have to fund us as the social system would be so strained anyone earning good money would be paying through the nose. 12% over 4 years would be unheard of , most would be in the same boat we are in, wage freezes, cuts, painful measures just to survive.

That is just a short way from Communism. When you get to the point where everybody is equal, no matter how much they produce, the incentive to work is gone. The country goes down hill, and the economy eventually collapses, as happened in the former USSR. What I would like to see is a gradual phasing out of government so that people would again learn self-survival skills. The way it is now, most people would be incapable of caring for themselves if the need ever arose. We would be easy prey to any despot, as we saw happen during the last depression in Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan, and to a lesser extent in the USA. It doesn't take a lot of money to survive. All you need is a little food and shelter. People to-day are spoiled rotten, and they look down on people who may not have much but make do and survive. These people are better than they are, but the weak bleeding hearts insist on "helping" them just to feel in their own minds that they are superior, when in the same circumstances, they would probably not be capable and die.

Edited by Trimdingman

That is just a short way from Communism. When you get to the point where everybody is equal, no matter how much they produce, the incentive to work is gone. The country goes down hill, and the economy eventually collapses, as happened in the former USSR. What I would like to see is a gradual phasing out of government so that people would again learn self-survival skills. The way it is now, most people would be incapable of caring for themselves if the need ever arose. We would be easy prey to any despot, as we saw happen during the last depression in Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan, and to a lesser extent in the USA. It doesn't take a lot of money to survive. All you need is a little food and shelter. People to-day are spoiled rotten, and they look down on people who may not have much but make do and survive. These people are better than they are, but the weak bleeding hearts insist on "helping" them just to feel in their own minds that they are superior, when in the same circumstances, they would probably not be capable and die.

I take it that you are still working because you either like your job or the people you work with, and not the money(which you say we don't need a lot of). If memory serves me right, from previous posts, you ARE working for the money bcause you can't afford to retire. You really like to see yourself in print but keep your stories straight, don't bullshit us or take us for idiots.

I take it that you are still working because you either like your job or the people you work with, and not the money(which you say we don't need a lot of). If memory serves me right, from previous posts, you ARE working for the money bcause you can't afford to retire. You really like to see yourself in print but keep your stories straight, don't bullshit us or take us for idiots.

I started out with nothing. The way I lived as a child was without indoor plumbing, except for one cold water tap which froze up in the winter. For heat, we had a wood stove. The house was about 350 square feet. I slept in the attic. There was no insulation. We used lots of blankets to keep warm at night. We had an outdoor toilet. In our community, we were middle to upper middle class. There was no work in the winter, so we had to stock lots of food and fire wood in the fall to survive. We made out just fine without any government assistance.

Now I have to pay a large portion of what I earn to keep other people living in what I consider extravagant wealth compared to what I had before. I didn't even consider myself poor. We don't need all this government. It is making us soft and dependent.

[Actually, I lived very close to the school.]

Edited by Trimdingman

I started out with nothing. The way I lived as a child was without indoor plumbing, except for one cold water tap which froze up in the winter. For heat, we had a wood stove. The house was about 350 square feet. I slept in the attic. There was no insulation. We used lots of blankets to keep warm at night. We had an outdoor toilet. In our community, we were middle to upper middle class. There was no work in the winter, so we had to stock lots of food and fire wood in the fall to survive. We made out just fine without any government assistance.

Here's a picture of dear brother dingbat from way back when...

He was sech a happy chile,never mindin nohow but when he got his 27 hrs of daily chores sloppin the pigs and wotnot,he'd always faver us with a song or too from his wunnerful banjo.

deliverance_banjo.jpg

He shore has a purdy mouf too :finger:

Here's a picture of dear brother dingbat from way back when...

He was sech a happy chile,never mindin nohow but when he got his 27 hrs of daily chores sloppin the pigs and wotnot,he'd always faver us with a song or too from his wunnerful banjo.

deliverance_banjo.jpg

He shore has a purdy mouf too :finger:

I'm not complaining. I didn't have it bad. It was quite a good life, actually. People nowadays, like dumbass, would call 911 if a fat turd was difficult to pass. They need so much cradle to grave security from the government that they would pay 100% tax and become Communists if that is what it took.

Edited by Trimdingman

I was listening to CFRB today. People were calling up asking why should any money go to the Detroit 3 if their own employees are not driving the product they manufacture. The public really doesn't give a sh*t about us when they have a neighbour working at Ford and 4 cars in the driveway with none being a Ford. I can think of 3 union members here at Ford that are siblings, and not one of the three drives a Ford. I have a coworker driving a Toyota and when it came time to purchase a car for his daughter she told him she wanted a Honda and that is what he bought her. :censored:

Not much I can do about these idiots that are helping in the demise of our jobs, but there is no way they should be parking in our Ford lot. These dumb sh*ts actually smile as they hop out of their non-Fords and skip into the plant like nothing is wrong.

When I needed a new roof, four bids from long reputable companies came and did estimates. I told the guy with the Dodge I'd pass on him because he was not supporting Ford. The guy with the Kia car I told to nevermind and let him know why. I picked one of the roofers with a fleet of Fords and I'm very happy with the roof.

How do we pound some intelligence into these morons before we are all out of a job.

I was listening to CFRB today. People were calling up asking why should any money go to the Detroit 3 if their own employees are not driving the product they manufacture. The public really doesn't give a sh*t about us when they have a neighbour working at Ford and 4 cars in the driveway with none being a Ford. I can think of 3 union members here at Ford that are siblings, and not one of the three drives a Ford. I have a coworker driving a Toyota and when it came time to purchase a car for his daughter she told him she wanted a Honda and that is what he bought her. :censored:

Not much I can do about these idiots that are helping in the demise of our jobs, but there is no way they should be parking in our Ford lot. These dumb sh*ts actually smile as they hop out of their non-Fords and skip into the plant like nothing is wrong.

When I needed a new roof, four bids from long reputable companies came and did estimates. I told the guy with the Dodge I'd pass on him because he was not supporting Ford. The guy with the Kia car I told to nevermind and let him know why. I picked one of the roofers with a fleet of Fords and I'm very happy with the roof.

How do we pound some intelligence into these morons before we are all out of a job.

they will be the first to wonder why the plant shuts down, nothing like biting the hand that feeds you

Now I'm just playing devil's advocate, wouldn't they just say that they work hard and from all the information they can gather Ford's quality just isn't as good as Honda and Toyota's, especially when it came to affordable small fuel efficient cars, and seeing that they work hard for their money shouldn't they seek what can give them the best value for their effort. Not to forget that all their neighbors agree with not only the quality arguement but also that all important styling issue. You can't deny kids these days think Ford is a four letter word.