OAC News

otp

That sucks really hard. We aren't used to work nights, it's been almost a year since we did the last time. At the same time it doesn't make any sense as the following week we are supposed to get lay-off. Am I missing something here?

Be happy that you are working, you just don't get it

That sucks really hard. We aren't used to work nights, it's been almost a year since we did the last time. At the same time it doesn't make any sense as the following week we are supposed to get lay-off. Am I missing something here?

heard tonight layoff is cancelled.

Yields set to rise after $65bn US Treasury sales

By Aline van Duyn in New York

Published: June 7 2009 20:34 | Last updated: June 7 2009 20:34

US government bond markets are gearing up for another volatile week and potential yield rises as they prepare to digest another $65bn of new debt sales by the US Treasury, according to analysts.

Government bond yields have already risen sharply after a flurry of economic indicators that were interpreted as signalling an end to the US recession.

Edited by foxrun

Get ready for inflation

By Russell Napier

Published: June 8 2009 17:19 | Last updated: June 8 2009 17:19

The big problem for many investors at the moment is that the information they accumulated during a quarter of a century of global disinflation is just not relevant any more. Whatever comes next as the financial crisis plays out, it cannot be disinflation.

Are investors, schooled in the post-1981 marketplace, really capable of correctly pricing financial assets in the post-disinflation world?

Oh my, could Dingy be right after all.

heard they called back 25 people today for Monday its good to have you brothers and sisters back hopefully you will stay and things get better sales have been going up market-share also lets go Ford! :shades: :happy feet:

That's good news. Welcome back Sisters and Brothers.

Off topic, but I am curious as I'm off recovering from back surgery....this is PP25....anyone hear if the $1,700 went to the retiree's fund? Did Ford scoop it, or are all da brother's and sister's recieving it :stats:

Off topic, but I am curious as I'm off recovering from back surgery....this is PP25....anyone hear if the $1,700 went to the retiree's fund? Did Ford scoop it, or are all da brother's and sister's recieving it :stats:

Heard the bonus is on hold, but just a rumour.

Supposedly "the bonus" doesn't need to be paid out till two weeks before shut down, seeing that shut down was moved to August "the bonus" is moved now till then. Yes it looks like what it is, a delay tactic so they have time in negotiations and yes so we don't get it.

I am on SPA this week, wondering if we are still on lay off next week, June 22nd. As of the Friday I last worked it was still on but not official.

As of right now, no production for next week. A lot of people are in though for training and repairs and skilled trades of course.

Not sure if it's different but I'm pretty sure it is being paid out tomorrow at STAP...atleast that's what the word was last week...though we haven't gotten our 3500 so maybe that plays into the union giving back 1700 of it.

Setting the record straight for STAP:

1) $1700.00 bonus paid out to your bank account Thursday June 25th.

2) #3500.00 "pay in lieu of holiday time off" paid out to your bank account Thursday August 20th.

Source, STAP Ford Motor Company of Canada (Labour Relations) and confirmed by CAW Local 1520 benefits representatives!

I was going to do u.i.c today but not sure if we clam the 1700.00 bonus because not sure if we got it paid out. Anyone know?

There is a notice on the board. The $1700 payment is being "postponed" until the August shutdown. There will be negotiations in the meantime. I will sell mine to anyone right now for $300.

There is a notice on the board. The $1700 payment is being "postponed" until the August shutdown. There will be negotiations in the meantime. I will sell mine to anyone right now for $300.

Hey dingy there you go again with your crazy negative thoughts.

As of right now, no production for next week. A lot of people are in though for training and repairs and skilled trades of course.

Ford called me at home on Friday to see if I wanted to come in this week to drive. Sunny and a humid 25-38C all week. Guess the answer.

Anyone spend their bonus yet?

Ford called me at home on Friday to see if I wanted to come in this week to drive. Sunny and a humid 25-38C all week. Guess the answer.

So if you turn down a work op, don't you loose your ei?

You can't say NO otherwise you will loose EI. The company is offering work you will be paid short work week.