OAC News

otp

Can someone post news of the plant or rename this stream to the rantings of a luntic who will not retire ever - they will have to remove his dead body from the plant. That probably will not happen as his will states that it is his wish to be buried at his work station so he can collect a paycheck into eternity as his spirit will remain on the job.

Edited by fordwindsor

Can someone post news of the plant or rename this stream to the rantings of a luntic who will not retire ever - they will have to remove his dead body from the plant. That probably will not happen as his will states that it is his wish to be buried at his work station so he can collect a paycheck into eternity as his spirit will remain on the job.

Age discrimination is a violation of the Human Rights Code. I would like just once to go to work in the morning without being reminded that I do not have much time left in my life. I hear it from union, management, and fellow workers. It is just as offensive as racial harassment, or sexual harassment.

The sales numbers for August will be disappointing. I predict down time in the new year.

Pointing out the truth to those in denial is often construed as harassment.

It is illegal to refer to some one's age in a derogatory manner.

I am 63 years of age. I am a non drinker, non smoker, in excellent health and physical condition. I did an on-line life expectancy test run by an actuary. My life expectancy is 95. Therefore, I am nowhere near retirement age. Next year, I will be eligible for government pensions whether I retire or not. My job has the potential to earn me $150,000 per year. Pension pays $48,000 a year. The union routinely lies to senior workers telling them that they are stupid not to retire because they are working for next to nothing. Many heed this bad advise and later regret it. The union and the company are complicit in trying to coerce older workers to retire; many before their time. Nobody knows for sure what the future holds; what our pension's buying power will be in the next 10 years. This risky aspect of a retirement decision is never brought up by the union. Many people have been indoctrinated into the union cult, and regard the union's word as gospel. This gives the union tremendous power over them. Along with power should come responsibility.

Edited by Trimdingman

Age discrimination is a violation of the Human Rights Code. I would like just once to go to work in the morning without being reminded that I do not have much time left in my life. I hear it from union, management, and fellow workers. It is just as offensive as racial harassment, or sexual harassment.

The sales numbers for August will be disappointing. I predict down time in the new year.

Oh drop dead already-You OLD INJUN BASTERD!!!

He was making a comment about the forum topic and your rantings, not your age!

It is illegal to refer to some one's age in a derogatory manner.

I am 63 years of age. I am a non drinker, non smoker, in excellent health and physical condition. I did an on-line life expectancy test run by an actuary. My life expectancy is 95. Therefore, I am nowhere near retirement age.

Do you really believe that.

My job has the potential to earn me $150,000 per year. Pension pays $48,000 a year. The

I've made in excess of $150G a number of years, and without the ability to shelter the income you're going to be shelling out 40-45% of your income in income tax; that $150G becomes a lot less. With the union selling out sunset jobs left and right, you're going to be stuck on the line clearing an extra $25G working in this shithole 48 hours a week.

If that's what you want out of life, more power to you. Personally I planned my future better than that.

I've made in excess of $150G a number of years, and without the ability to shelter the income you're going to be shelling out 40-45% of your income in income tax; that $150G becomes a lot less. With the union selling out sunset jobs left and right, you're going to be stuck on the line clearing an extra $25G working in this shithole 48 hours a week.

If that's what you want out of life, more power to you. Personally I planned my future better than that.

My wife and myself's combined pensions will pay out over 2 million dollars over twenty years. I have plenty of real estate equity on top of that. This wealth could evaporate in a week if the dollar collapses. Once the gates of Ford close behind you, that's it. You will be a sixty something broke unemployed job seeker competing for non-existent jobs with twenty and thirty somethings. Many economists are predicting that this will happen, so it is not some fear-mongering whack job. It is easy to be lured by dreams of fishing at the cottage and frollicking with the grand-children. Cold reality is what needs to be looked at.

My wife and myself's combined pensions will pay out over 2 million dollars over twenty years. I have plenty of real estate equity on top of that. This wealth could evaporate in a week if the dollar collapses. Once the gates of Ford close behind you, that's it. You will be a sixty something broke unemployed job seeker competing for non-existent jobs with twenty and thirty somethings. Many economists are predicting that this will happen, so it is not some fear-mongering whack job. It is easy to be lured by dreams of fishing at the cottage and frollicking with the grand-children. Cold reality is what needs to be looked at.

In your scenario you'd be out of a job and a pension anyways -- that's reality. The kind of economic callapse you're worried about would shutter the plant and take your pension with it.

And don't worry about me. I've got a trade and experience to go with it. If you're that worried about a collapse you should take some courses to upgrade your skills from the title of "ex factory janitor".

Edited by OAC_Sparky

In your scenario you'd be out of a job and a pension anyways -- that's reality. The kind of economic callapse you're worried about would shutter the plant and take your pension with it.

And don't worry about me. I've got a trade and experience to go with it. If you're that worried about a collapse you should take some courses to upgrade your skills from the title of "ex factory janitor".

Is this degenerating into a "not me" arguement.

Is this degenerating into a "not me" arguement.

Not at all. If he's putting off retiring thinking that our plant, which makes large luxury vehicles, thinking that he's "safe" from some impending economic meltdown, then he is delusional (which was a given anyways). Time would be better spent either enjoying what little time you have or preparing yourself to weather the storm; and that would mean gaining a usable skill.

To keep working at a company whose pension would vanish, for a dollar that would be valuless, is about as smart as putting on your lawn sprinklers before a rainstorm.

If you have attained this much wealth and you are around 62, then isn't it time to enjoy life and the things that truly matter. But you suffer from some sort of delusional disorder thinking that the world and/or its' economy is coming to an end. If it is then when will you enjoy your wealth. You are living a sad life. Your heirs are counting on you continuing as you are as they are waiting to cash in on your demise. You are a truly sad individual. Your coworkers are not harrasing you. They are telling you the truth. You are truly a sad pathetic person.

Please start your own thread as most of your posts have nothing to do with OAC.

If you think that I am harassing you then go and sue me. Good luck with that.

Edited by fordwindsor
  • Like 1

If you have attained this much wealth and you are around 62, then isn't it time to enjoy life and the things that truly matter. But you suffer from some sort of delusional disorder thinking that the world and/or its' economy is coming to an end. If it is then when will you enjoy your wealth. You are living a sad life. Your heirs are counting on you continuing as you are as they are waiting to cash in on your demise. You are a truly sad individual. Your coworkers are not harrasing you. They are telling you the truth. You are truly a sad pathetic person.

Please start your own thread as most of your posts have nothing to do with OAC.

If you think that I am harassing you then go and sue me. Good luck with that.

Couldn't of said it better myself, especially the "sad pathetic" part.

• Like 2

They will probably keep a handful of people, and I will be one of them. War will probably precede a total economic collapse, and Ford may use OAC for war production. Anyway, I don't have anything to lose by not retiring right now. This way I have two options: stay or go. This is not the time to make any rash decisions.

I am not worried about you. Why is everybody so worried about me? All I am doing is giving my opinion, but people are getting all bent out of shape. It is like I am putting down their religion or indoctrination. That should be setting off alarm bells.

ANYWAY... Does anyone have any news,rumour's,predictions about our plant and the products we build?Getting tired of coming on this site to read two old grumpy bastards go idiotic word for word.

Did you go to the town hall meeting we had recently? Check out August sales for Edge, Flex, X, and T. It is on this forum. I think they were all down. I can't see 10 hours lasting for much longer. The auto industry leads the economy, so the stimulus has failed to kill the downturn which will resume shortly. Bernacke has hinted at another stimulus, which may give the dead cat one more small bounce. If you think that the last five years were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. Do you still want rumors and predictions?

Thank-you admin for restoring a bit of sanity to this thread.

Can someone comment on OAC news as your website is not current. I am currently working at St. Thomas as a Temp but still interested as others are on what is going on up in Oakville. Heard rumours regarding the recent election about some dirty politics by McColeman which I could believe being true as he showed his true colours during my three month stint at OAC during the summer of 2008.

Thank-you admin for restoring a bit of sanity to this thread.

Can someone comment on OAC news as your website is not current. I am currently working at St. Thomas as a Temp but still interested as others are on what is going on up in Oakville. Heard rumours regarding the recent election about some dirty politics by McColeman which I could believe being true as he showed his true colours during my three month stint at OAC during the summer of 2008.

How is that "sanity" thing working out? Are you the tattle tale who complained? I recomend you apply for management. We have enough hourly wieners already.

God forbid a couple of people have a dialogue that you don't approve. Oh yeah, I forgot, its not a free world anymore.

There has not been a post in a week. I guess there was nothing going on in "Fordland" anyway, Charly

I heard that because of global warming that in 2012 the federal govt is going to require Ford to install a one billion dollar muffler on the paint shop smokestack. If the economy is bad enough by then, do you think Ford will spend one billion or close the plant instead.

At least we can save some snail's and moth's and stuff. Save the planet, "worship the creation" Al Gore will save us all.

No, I didn't contact the mods re: the retarded posts here. The mods decided that the posts were not valid as they erased them. They agreed that they had nothing to do with OAC or Ford. Stick to the topic of this thread that's all. I am not company material that is for sure. Nor am I a union worshipper. I make decisions on my own. I just want some news on OAC since the local 707 website just collects dust.

Did anyone else catch this in Friday's Toronto Star?

Ford CEO David Mondragon is out to lunch. He forgot to mention in the article how the Canadian government (federal and provincial) was offering Ford what amounted to a FREE assembly plant to keep STAP open. Ford still turned down the FREE plant even though it' was the best deal they have ever seen. So to say the Canadian government isn't on the offensive I say FUCK YOU.

I think Ford's plans for Canadian operations are clear and Mr. Mondragon is looking to place blame elsewhere (Can. Gov and CAW).