OAC News

otp

I heard that OAC is short of manpower now that the students are done. Rumour is that the company has hired temps to work until the transfers from St. Thomas arrive next year. Is this true? If so this is wrong as there are over 800 on layoff in Windsor.

OAC is far from short manpower... Rumour on the floor today was they were laying off 39 people... We did have t.p.t's for about a month I hear Friday is there last day... We have been working 10hrs both shifts for a month... Some of St. Thomas' supervisers have started to come over to us now... What else would you like to know I will try to give you an answer as to what is happening here right now...

Ford CEO David Mondragon is out to lunch. He forgot to mention in the article how the Canadian government (federal and provincial) was offering Ford what amounted to a FREE assembly plant to keep STAP open. Ford still turned down the FREE plant even though it' was the best deal they have ever seen. So to say the Canadian government isn't on the offensive I say FUCK YOU.

I think Ford's plans for Canadian operations are clear and Mr. Mondragon is looking to place blame elsewhere (Can. Gov and CAW).

I think you are exactly right, Ford is planning to pull out of Canada altogether.

Interesting article, I feel like I have heard this before.Ford comes knocking with out stretched hand with the ole we need HELP to keep jobs in Canada, ask for concessions then close plants..It WORKED.. now repeat recipe. Look out OAC someone will be coming to your door again . I think the tax paying general public will be a little fed up with this game so it will soon be time for the good old firey speeches from the caw leadership and look what that did for STAP

Interesting article, I feel like I have heard this before.Ford comes knocking with out stretched hand with the ole we need HELP to keep jobs in Canada, ask for concessions then close plants..It WORKED.. now repeat recipe. Look out OAC someone will be coming to your door again . I think the tax paying general public will be a little fed up with this game so it will soon be time for the good old firey speeches from the caw leadership and look what that did for STAP

Oh ya, here's one to add fuel to the fire.......

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/08/24/windsor-ford-union-wage-cuts.html

Windsor Engine Plant vote themselves a 35% wage cut........nice.....bring on that race to the bottom.....

• Like 2

Oh ya, here's one to add fuel to the fire.......

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/08/24/windsor-ford-union-wage-cuts.html

Windsor Engine Plant vote themselves a 35% wage cut........nice.....bring on that race to the bottom.....

Holy S%*t I would call that more like a free fall. Hang on to your lug nuts the fan is spinning fast!! I look forward to the speeches.

The article identifies the wrong plant. This agreement, a shelf agreement is for Windsor Aluminum Plant which is a former Ford facility now owned and managed by Nemak. It was a joint venture at first with Ford and Nemak but as the years went by Fords share dropped in the JV. The new agreement allows Nemak to bid on new work with other automakers to keep the plant open. Employees working there will be Nemak employees which could include laidoff or former Ford workers. Laidoff employees retain recall rights to Ford if they hire on at Nemak.

OAC is far from short manpower... Rumour on the floor today was they were laying off 39 people... We did have t.p.t's for about a month I hear Friday is there last day... We have been working 10hrs both shifts for a month... Some of St. Thomas' supervisers have started to come over to us now... What else would you like to know I will try to give you an answer as to what is happening here right now...

I heard an engineer tell a guy on the trim line that he had to cut 9 more jobs in trim/chassis.So obviously more layoffs coming.I also heard the next shift change we will be on an 8 hour production schedule.No doubt some down weeks during the winter.

I heard an engineer tell a guy on the trim line that he had to cut 9 more jobs in trim/chassis.So obviously more layoffs coming.I also heard the next shift change we will be on an 8 hour production schedule.No doubt some down weeks during the winter.

Bloomberg reported that August was the worst month in 28 years for auto sales. It will get worse, a lot worse.

I heard a guy who told his brother that said his sister told a deaf priest what a blind guide saw was. sorry couldn't help myself.

I agree things arn't getting better, not quite armageddon Dingy but still not good.

I heard a guy who told his brother that said his sister told a deaf priest what a blind guide saw was. sorry couldn't help myself.

I agree things arn't getting better, not quite armageddon Dingy but still not good.

We are about to have the financial collapse that was temoprarily postponed by the stimulus. Maybe there will be another stimulus to postpone it for a little longer. It has to come sooner or later, or else maybe we will have a big war. There is nothing happening to turn the economy around. We are just running on debt and artificial manipulation. There is no wealth being created, just destroyed. Once people realize this, they will further curtail their spending and start saving. This will cause more unemployment, and force the government to crank up the printing presses to pay the increased entitlements, as there will be less and less tax revenues to pay the more and more unemployment benefits. Then there is the army of people who have exhausted their claims, and are getting hungrier by the day. Soon they will riot. The dollar will hyperinflate, and store shelves will empty as people try to unload currency before it becomes worthless. It is not quite Armageddon, but not good.

Edited by Trimdingman

We are about to have the financial collapse that was temoprarily postponed by the stimulus. Maybe there will be another stimulus to postpone it for a little longer. It has to come sooner or later, or else maybe we will have a big war. There is nothing happening to turn the economy around. We are just running on debt and artificial manipulation. There is no wealth being created, just destroyed. Once people realize this, they will further curtail their spending and start saving. This will cause more unemployment, and force the government to crank up the printing presses to pay the increased entitlements, as there will be less and less tax revenues to pay the more and more unemployment benefits. Then there is the army of people who have exhausted their claims, and are getting hungrier by the day. Soon they will riot. The dollar will hyperinflate, and store shelves will empty as people try to unload currency before it becomes worthless. It is not quite Armageddon, but not good.

• Like 1

I agree, just a matter of time.

Kudos to the resident trolls, you basement dwellers have virtually rendered the BON site useless.

Congratulations, you suceeded where even Ford could not. Savour the victory

There is a whole world of differing opinion out there. Indoctrination takes that away, as alternative points of view are a threat to people who are brainwashed to believe illogical concepts. The truth to them is like holy water to a vampire. Charly, you should crawl out of your box, and let your beliefs stand or fall on their own merit, like Conservatives and Libertarians do. Liberals and religious fanatics spin webs to contain the lies within; and become more and more reclusive as the truth permeates. Ford knew that they couldn't block the truth, so they embraced it. You should do the same. Think outside the cocoon. It will open doors to a whole world of knowledge. Narrow mindedness is like tunnel vision. You miss a whole dimension.

Edited by Trimdingman

There is a whole world of differing opinion out there. Indoctrination takes that away, as alternative points of view are a threat to people who are brainwashed to believe illogical concepts. The truth to them is like holy water to a vampire. Charly, you should crawl out of your box, and let your beliefs stand or fall on their own merit, like Conservatives and Libertarians do. Liberals and religious fanatics spin webs to contain the lies within; and become more and more reclusive as the truth permeates. Ford knew that they couldn't block the truth, so they embraced it. You should do the same. Think outside the cocoon. It will open doors to a whole world of knowledge. Narrow mindedness is like tunnel vision. You miss a whole dimension.

I feel sorry for you. Nobody cares what you say, except for the 50 cats you probably live with. Get a life. Charly is right, enjoy the OAC news thread by yourself, just like you live the rest of your life.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for you. Nobody cares what you say, except for the 50 cats you probably live with. Get a life. Charly is right, enjoy the OAC news thread by yourself, just like you live the rest of your life.

I feel sorry for you .I don't care for cats. I don't have any pets, except for some fish in my pond. They fend for themselves. I am not preventing anyone from posting OAC news. A shift Final Assembly got sent home after 7.6. I hear 8 hours for a couple of weeks. I provide as much news as anyone on this thread. I ruffle a few chicken feathers sometimes, so they cry the blues and rat me out. Ford has reduced it's production for the fourth quarter. Bad news is being supressed hoping to keep sales moving along. What is going on with the Power Centre at Burloak and the QEW? It looks like construction has stopped. The parking lots are almost empty, also. It is a sign of the times.

Edited by Trimdingman

I feel sorry for you .I don't care for cats. I don't have any pets, except for some fish in my pond. They fend for themselves. I am not preventing anyone from posting OAC news. A shift Final Assembly got sent home after 7.6. I hear 8 hours for a couple of weeks. I provide as much news as anyone on this thread. I ruffle a few chicken feathers sometimes, so they cry the blues and rat me out. Ford has reduced it's production for the fourth quarter. Bad news is being supressed hoping to keep sales moving along. What is going on with the Power Centre at Burloak and the QEW? It looks like construction has stopped. The parking lots are almost empty, also. It is a sign of the times.

Thanks for the useless info about your preference for pets. You just don't get it. If you feel The power centre doesn't have enough shoppers, well it must mean the end of the world.

Thanks for the useless info about your preference for pets. You just don't get it. If you feel The power centre doesn't have enough shoppers, well it must mean the end of the world.

Construction has halted for weeks. There is an eyesore of a shell of what looks like a low-rise office building just sitting there. Thanks for the useless information about your opinion of me. Next time you post, provide some information about OAC. Edge sales were down over 17% in August. Flex was down by much more. It looks like Obama is going to get shut out in the mid-terms. Have a nice day.

Construction has halted for weeks. There is an eyesore of a shell of what looks like a low-rise office building just sitting there. Thanks for the useless information about your opinion of me. Next time you post, provide some information about OAC. Edge sales were down over 17% in August. Flex was down by much more. It looks like Obama is going to get shut out in the mid-terms. Have a nice day.

Thanks for telling me what I should post info about. Nobody cares about the diarrhea you post, except yourself. Edited by Hosh
  • Like 1