OAC News

otp

The plant manager says in his monthly news letter, that its 10hrs starting in October. I guess we have parts and orders !!!???!!! :yup: Full Steam Ahead !!!! :titanic:

When did this newsletter come out? I haven't seen one in month's.The last one i saw said nothing about 10 hrs.just wondering.

When did this newsletter come out? I haven't seen one in month's.The last one i saw said nothing about 10 hrs.just wondering.

You can read our production schedule if you go to the OAC home page. Click: Department, PM office, 2011 Plant Manager Newsletters, August 2011.

BTW we are scheduled 10 hours next week with 5:30 start for #3 shift :sos:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. I am just interested in news from OAC. Is there any. Are you working 2 10's ? Have they removed rest of the old Freestar body line in the final building? What is going on with the new model/ product negotiated in the contract that is expiring in 10 months? What happened to that douche Scotty McColeman? I was there for the phantom third shift in 2008 ( worked 50 working days, then back to Windsor).

Edited by fordwindsor

Ok. I am just interested in news from OAC. Is there any. Are you working 2 10's ? Have they removed rest of the old Freestar body line in the final building? What is going on with the new model/ product negotiated in the contract that is expiring in 10 months? What happened to that douch Scotty McColeman? I was there for the phantom third shift in 2008 ( worked 50 working days, then back to Windsor).

I'm in Trades but I believe that the Paint shop is scheduled for 10's

The v229 bodyshop is literally gutted.

There will be new additions to the automation equipment in the Paint shop

You can draw your conclusions from that, I don't want to speculate. There are many here that are good at that.

McColeman lost the election-out.

You brothers and sisters were screwed by Ford and the economy.

Take Care

I'm in Trades but I believe that the Paint shop is scheduled for 10's

The v229 bodyshop is literally gutted.

There will be new additions to the automation equipment in the Paint shop

You can draw your conclusions from that, I don't want to speculate. There are many here that are good at that.

McColeman lost the election-out.

You brothers and sisters were screwed by Ford and the economy.

Take Care

"You brothers and sisters were screwed" not WE. Nice tell.

• 2 weeks later...

"You brothers and sisters were screwed" not WE. Nice tell.

"My brother's keeper"? Up to a point. Nice tell, indeed.

The last letter I read said that the abandoned paint shop building was going to be removed and the metal recycled. They built that paint shop for the Windstar and they are getting rid of it already?

I take the QEW westbound going home from work. The years of construction to widen it to four lanes caused me many delays, but I figured it would be worth it in the long run if it got me home sooner. They made the new lane on the far left an HOV lane. Only vehicles with two or more people can use it. People exiting from the HOV lane have to cross three lanes. During rush hour, which is why the extra lane was needed, westbound traffic is virtually at a standstill from Brant Street back to Burloak because of the bottleneck created by cars exiting from the HOV lane. The purpose of the HOV lane was to encourage car pooling to reduce pollution. It has had exactly the opposite effect, as slow moving bumper to bumper traffic causes more pollution than cars moving at the speed limit. On top of that, many people are exiting at Burloak, and using Burlington streets to get past the traffic jam. I used Harvester Road for a while, but it is now jammed by the time I get to Walkers Line. I tried Upper Middle, also. Now I use Mainway. I wonder how the people of Burlington like the way their tax dollars were spent to screw up the highway and pollute their city.

Edited by Trimdingman

I take the QEW westbound going home from work. The years of construction to widen it to four lanes caused me many delays, but I figured it would be worth it in the long run if it got me home sooner. They made the new lane on the far left an HOV lane. Only vehicles with two or more people can use it. People exiting from the HOV lane have to cross three lanes. During rush hour, which is why the extra lane was needed, westbound traffic is virtually at a standstill from Brant Street back to Burloak because of the bottleneck created by cars exiting from the HOV lane. The purpose of the HOV lane was to encourage car pooling to reduce pollution. It has had exactly the opposite effect, as slow moving bumper to bumper traffic causes more pollution than cars moving at the speed limit. On top of that, many people are exiting at Burloak, and using Burlington streets to get past the traffic jam. I used Harvester Road for a while, but it is now jammed by the time I get to Walkers Line. I tried Upper Middle, also. Now I use Mainway. I wonder how the people of Burlington like the way their tax dollars were spent to screw up the highway and pollute their city.

And what specifically has this to do with OAC.

How about weather reports or that bird you seen while getting the mail.

are they repaveing dorval today, or were the sanders absent from upper middle.

this is a web site for Ford employees to discuss Ford issues

not your senseless babble.

i could care less about the QEW widening.

how are things on i 75

do you get the point

Sorry to the rest of the group but this is enough

• Like 1

And what specifically has this to do with OAC.

How about weather reports or that bird you seen while getting the mail.

are they repaveing dorval today, or were the sanders absent from upper middle.

this is a web site for Ford employees to discuss Ford issues

not your senseless babble.

i could care less about the QEW widening.

how are things on i 75

do you get the point

Sorry to the rest of the group but this is enough

Many OAC workers take this route. I am sure that they would like to get home 15 or 20 minutes earlier. It is doable if they get rid of that HOV lane.

There is nothing to report about the future of OAC. The money printing and "too big to fail" bailouts are ramping up. Expect another five years of high inflation with no pay increases, if we are still around by then, which I wouldn't bet on. The future of OAC is the least of your worries.

Edited by Trimdingman

They should bring all of the laid off workers to Oakville and share the available work; say, two weeks on, one week off. Put extra people on repairs to eliminate overtime. Send people on the next launch, and backfill with laid off workers. When they eliminated the Freestar, we worked alternate weeks to prevent indefinite lay-offs.

Does anyone else have a beef with the QEW westbound? It is worse now than it was before they added the fourth lane because of that stupid HOV lane. If enough people complain, they will have to get rid of it.

Edited by Trimdingman

Oh & you forgot the biggest one??? RETIRE YOUR SORRY ASS!!!!!!!!! :ohsnap: P.S IF YOU RETIRE 1 LESS CAR ON THE QEW FOR THE REST OF US TO DEAL WITH!!!! :happy feet:

This is what I have to deal with in the workplace almost on a daily basis, even from management. Ageism is a violation of the Ontario Human Rights code just as much as racism and sexism. I have as much right to be at my place of employment and treated with human dignity as anyone else. According to the law, you are supposed to be blind to my age, just as you should be blind to turbans, or gayness, or gender. I am preparing a deposition to the Ontario Human Rights Commission now. I am being discriminated against and harassed at work in more ways than I can count.

I am sure that there are others who would like to see something done about the traffic on the QEW. I remember that this "highway improvement" was one of the things the Ontario government was doing to keep OAC open by improving traffic to the plant. It is now worse than it was before they widened the highway.

• Like 1

We are scheduled to run production this Saturday day shift. I'll be far from the plant spending quality time with my family.

Dingie, why don't you just hop into the HOV lane like the rest of us one occupant vehicle drivers? I leave later than you and get to work before you. :shift:

post-22001-0-97331500-1323401311_thumb.jpg

We are scheduled to run production this Saturday day shift. I'll be far from the plant spending quality time with my family.

Dingie, why don't you just hop into the HOV lane like the rest of us one occupant vehicle drivers? I leave later than you and get to work before you. :shift:

post-22001-0-97331500-1323401311_thumb.jpg

I see the cops nailing people every day for using the HOV with one person in the car. It is stupid. I didn't have to get off the highway and go through Burlington city streets to get from Burloak to Brant street when the QEW was only three lanes. Now that it is four lanes, I do. What did they spend my tax dollars on?