OAC News

otp

Buffalo is getting ready to take our door line away from our body build. More jobs lost in OAC. Ask Bob Scott, our union chairman.

Junior member right now in Body is Sept.94 & I hear in paint its even higher if they get rid of Body 2 that's crazy you'll need like early 94 just to work in Body!!

I was talking to our last Windsor member in Body & he was told to report to Trim Monday. He also told me that there are another 25 members being placed on lay off as of Monday. I really feel for you guys out in the London area I really don't see any future in our plant unless Body,Paint,& Material Handling go back to 3 shifts!!! :shift: When we were in our last negotiations our president Ken Lewenza said that St. Thomas Vote unanimously to close the plant. My question to you is, what did he promise or say so that the members of St. Thomas voted to close the plant??

Our great union told us that we were closing and that there was nothing we could do. They said our plant chairperson Scott Smith even mentioned going with 2 tier wages, and the company said it didnt matter because they had no new product for us, the Crown Vic was done in 2011 along with the Town Car and Grand marquis. They said that by the end of this current contract that Oakville would have a third shift coming and that was what would be available to us. Then they said that we could not go home from the meeting, we had vote then and there and we could not discuss it with our loved ones. We got screwed.

Our great union told us that we were closing and that there was nothing we could do. They said our plant chairperson Scott Smith even mentioned going with 2 tier wages, and the company said it didnt matter because they had no new product for us, the Crown Vic was done in 2011 along with the Town Car and Grand marquis. They said that by the end of this current contract that Oakville would have a third shift coming and that was what would be available to us. Then they said that we could not go home from the meeting, we had vote then and there and we could not discuss it with our loved ones. We got screwed.

All i can say is that I hope for you & me alike, that we go to 3 shifts I would be looking forward to a 8hrs production schedule !!

Edited by schumi1919

• 1 month later...

I was talking to our last Windsor member in Body & he was told to report to Trim Monday. He also told me that there are another 25 members being placed on lay off as of Monday. I really feel for you guys out in the London area I really don't see any future in our plant unless Body,Paint,& Material Handling go back to 3 shifts!!! :shift: When we were in our last negotiations our president Ken Lewenza said that St. Thomas Vote unanimously to close the plant. My question to you is, what did he promise or say so that the members of St. Thomas voted to close the plant??

What? Who in their right mind would vote in favor to close! We we're given no choice. Lewenza told us that if we did not accept the deal we would likely be faced with a one week per year of service severance

[

Sum bitch, I must have missed that meeting, only one in 38 years of working and retired. The GREEN MILE told us plant was closing, not Whitey, Scott, Dennis, or Ken. The severance package was passed but not 100%. The package that was given when we went one shift was better than first offered, the last shift that worked was better again, thanks to Dennis and Scott, and 1250 people had more than an extra year to work, closing was Sept. 16 2011 instead of 2010. No vote was ever taken to close plant. RIP STAP You done your best.

With 3 shifts you don't work 8 hours a day,

You work 4 days/10 hours each day and they can work

you 10.7 hours if need be.

The 3rd shift works ;

Friday and Saturday day shift

Sunday and Monday night shift

I beleive he was refering to our "Flex Agreement". We we promised a three shift rotation with rotating days and afternoons with a steady night shift. It actually did happen for a few months but sales did not warrant the production. With another platform, it may be a possibility, but for now its still a pipedream.

I beleive he was refering to our "Flex Agreement". We we promised a three shift rotation with rotating days and afternoons with a steady night shift. It actually did happen for a few months but sales did not warrant the production. With another platform, it may be a possibility, but for now its still a pipedream.

I also remember something about a C crew follow-up agreement that could be implemented if certain conditions were met. I am sure that we will not get new work without giving up more. They will go to the provincial and federal governments for money, and we will have to pay, also.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Was cruiseing down the QEW today and noticed a large amount of the assembly plant torn down and was wondering

what the plans are at OAC. Will something new be going in there or was it just unutilized area from when the flex line was

put in ?

It is an unused paint shop that has been idle since they stopped building the Freestar. They also removed three old buildings east of Royal Windsor. They should get the city to re-route Royal Windsor onto this land to give them more space in the east yard.

Edited by Trimdingman

With 3 shifts you don't work 8 hours a day,

You work 4 days/10 hours each day and they can work

you 10.7 hours if need be.

The 3rd shift works ;

Friday and Saturday day shift

Sunday and Monday night shift

Not necessarily, you could absolutely have 3 crews running 8-hours. The plants would literally run 24 hours with a 3 8's setup. The shifts would run back to back to back. It wouldn't effect OT either, since with the other 3 crew setup you're not getting any anyway.

Not necessarily, you could absolutely have 3 crews running 8-hours. The plants would literally run 24 hours with a 3 8's setup. The shifts would run back to back to back. It wouldn't effect OT either, since with the other 3 crew setup you're not getting any anyway.

With three 8s, there is no daily down time for maintenance, and they get less production because they have to give 20 minutes paid lunch. They can also run mandatory Saturdays.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish we had a law that you work 30 years and get out.

And what would a worker do at age 48, married with 4 kids who are all still in public school do? Pension would not cover clothing, food, vacations and sports enrollment plus equipment. Reality is real, you are not.

• Like 1

Wish we had a law that you work 30 years and get out.

Why? Why do you want a law that takes rights away from you? Only someone with a mental block caused by brainwashing and indoctrination would wish for something like that. Ageism is finally being recognized as a form of discrimination. That is because soon there will be a lot of us, and political parties will need to have us on board to get elected. Also, if we all take early retirement, it will overwhelm the system. All of this discrimination and harassment that the company and union are now comitting against senior workers is unacceptable in this society, and it will come back to haunt them.

Edited by Trimdingman

Trust me if I could leave at 48, see ya, I would live just fine!

Hey don't blame your kids cause you got to work for 60 years , that's not fair and it's not there fault.

It must be nice that someone left you several million dollars in their will, because that is what you would need to retire at age 48. In the real world, you have to work, even if you are in your sixties. You can go and live like a bum and not work if you want, but you could have done that all along. Working sets a good example for your children and grand-children. They will not end up on welfare like the children of lazy parents who pass their sloth on to them. All I want to do is work; do a good job every day; be punctual and honest; and not milk the system feigning injuries and sickness. The best way to get rid of aches and pains is to work them out. Why the company is constantly on my back is a mystery to me. All I want is to be treated the same as anybody else. I do good work, but all they see is my age.

Well its my 5 year retirement anivesery today ...and yes I was 48 when I retired .

I have more money now then when I was working ..time to spend it .life is at its best . I was happy to go and leave a spot for a junior man to make a life for him and his familly .

Trimding ..I feel bad for you I worked with a guy the same as you ..no life but Ford ..you have no idea what you are missing ..one day you will "get it"

• Like 1

See it can be done and you can retire and enjoy like, you don't have to live like a bum either!

See I live below my means now so I can retire,

I'm sure you have a big fine house 2 new cars and a bunch if toys , that's why you can't retire at 48, see you should managed your money better

Don't hate me cause I know how to save my money and live a good life!

• Like 2

See it can be done and you can retire and enjoy like, you don't have to live like a bum either!

See I live below my means now so I can retire,

I'm sure you have a big fine house 2 new cars and a bunch if toys , that's why you can't retire at 48, see you should managed your money better

Don't hate me cause I know how to save my money and live a good life!

See what I am talking about? Why am I being put down? That is harassment, just like if you were giving me racial slurs. How do you know how much money I have? How much money does a 60+ person have that owns a couple of Tim Hortons? Should he be obligated to give them away because he doesn't need them any more? Where does this communist mind-set come from? I have a good life. I enjoy working and contributing to society. That makes me a ne'er do well in your eyes. I see retirement as one step away from death. I am not ready to go there yet. The amount that you paid into CPP over the last 30 years would be maybe $50,000. That would cover the payments to you for seven years. Who do you think is picking up the tab for you for the other thirty years? The government needs us to work longer and pay taxes. That is why they banned mandatory retirement. Ford and the CAW need to get with the times. Wait until your pension has been frozen for 10 years of double digit inflation. You will be crawling to Wal-Mart begging for work.

I live in a house. Isn't that normal? I would rather work and live in a house than live on a pension in someone's basement or in a trailer. I could have done that all my life and never worked, just live off other people who do work. Those nasty greedy working taxpayers like myself. You hate us but where would you be without us?

Edited by Trimdingman