Why I hate Chevy.

156n3rd

On the contrary junior, I am the furthest thing from a redneck. I am also not surpised by your negative, self-serving superior attitude because of your age group. No life experience. I am a New Yawk native and calling me a 'neck further shows your inability to foster a worthy argument. The Chevy truck is not better, it's comparible, period. It's the same idea with a different execution. List all the reasons for Chevy superiority. Wait I shouldn't do that, because you'll stay one track and just say it's so. Besides, there are no facts I'd expect fropm you, just your "they're better" retort. My hatred for Chevy has to do with their philosophy, design and politicla impact from past deeds (of the 1950's). You wouldn't understand because of your blind negativity. :kissass:

Okay, I can, and do apologize for the redneck comment. It was out of line. This is a car forum, and should stay to talking crap about turds and how much they suck, and should get no more personal than that.

As for not being able to foster a worthy argument, I do believe it was you who came off with a whislting dixie out my ass comment. That does not much sound like a worthy argument, and I was merely making a comment to reflect that point. Holding a grudge against a car company all the way to the 1950's? Sounds like jealousy. Chevy's were always great, but didn't get that certain shine until 1955 when the small block Chevy made it's debut, and the design of the new '55s took the nation by storm. Isn't this the time that traditional hot rodders found they could get more power for better money from the Chevy mouse? Took the performance edge from turds, and turned all hell loose on every other brand.

So perhaps these are the deeds that my blind negativity can't understand. So much for my age group, and lack of life experience.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know how I'm against the big three if I'm defending Chevrolet, which is part of GM, based in Detroit, and a member of the big three. But then, what can one expect from someone who would publicly admit to being a turd enthusiast, much less show his/her face in public behind the wheel of such a monstrosity.

Your powers of reason and deduction, Sherlock, leave much to be desired. I drive only the best. Currently, I'm in my dad's 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, only because my 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle is under construction. Oh, it runs, drives and will burn the pants off of any turd that would dare put it's mug anywhere within a three mile radius. It just needs MORE.

I hope you are satisfied by this response, and not cowering behind the wheel of your '95 GT (which is a chick car...) hoping that you do not have the misfortune (yours) of crossing paths with my Chevrolet.

Now is that 1970 Monte Carlo the Mullet Edition, Redneck Special or the ultra hipo INTIMIDATOR SS? Number 3 forever! Goooooooo...!!!!

Why is that every Tom, Dick and Harry has some ultra badass car in the works but it is never actually "finished"? I guess it is cheap insurance against public humiliation?

The fact that this '72 Chevelle (should have built a '70, much better looking) is a Chevrolet product tells me 75% of the reason why it's currently, and will continue to be, broken down.

Here's a couple for you mullet boy:

Cracked

Head

Every

Valve

Rattles

Oil

Leaks

Every

Turnover

Condition

Hopeless;

Entire

Vehicle

Relies

On

Leftover

Engine

Technology

Both are pretty apt descriptions of Chevrolet if I do say so myself. I mean really, I can tell when a newer Chevy V8 starts up from across the parking lot by the distinct valve clack when it fires off.

Damn Chevy-loving trailer park trash, when will they ever learn that a Z71 with Flowmasters isn't the fastest thing on the road? :shrug:

Edited by White99GT

Now is that 1970 Monte Carlo the Mullet Edition, Redneck Special or the ultra hipo INTIMIDATOR SS? Number 3 forever! Goooooooo...!!!!

Why is that every Tom, Dick and Harry has some ultra badass car in the works but it is never actually "finished"? I guess it is cheap insurance against public humiliation?

The fact that this '72 Chevelle (should have built a '70, much better looking) is a Chevrolet product tells me 75% of the reason why it's currently, and will continue to be, broken down.

Cracked

Head

Every

Valve

Rattles

Oil

Leaks

Every

Turnover

Condition

Hopeless;

Entire

Vehicle

Relies

On

Leftover

Engine

Technology

Both are pretty apt descriptions of Chevrolet if I do say so myself. I mean really, I can tell when a newer Chevy V8 starts up from across the parking lot by the distinct valve clack when it fires off.

Damn Chevy-loving trailer park trash, when will they ever learn that a Z71 with Flowmasters isn't the fastest thing on the road? :shrug:

Typical turd owner, crying about supposed mullet heads (while driving their crapstang). Maybe one day, if you do your chores, and eat all your vegetables, you too can know the joy of driving a Chevrolet. But then again, do you deserve it? And since when did they have the Intimidator edition Monte Carlo in 1970? Do you know anything about anything? Oh, wait, if you did, you wouldn't be behind the wheel of that

F@#$ed

Over

Rebuilt

Dodge

Geez, in the circles i travel in, being called a Redneck is a compliment. :hysterical:

Ha!

Cracked

Head

Every

Valve

Rattles

Oil

Leaks

Every

Turnover

Condition

Hopeless;

Entire

Vehicle

Relies

On

Leftover

Engine

Technology

As for the Chevelle, it was purchased a month ago, and, the fact that I drove that 34 year old car home provides testament enough to the durability, and reliability of the Chevy small block.

And I bet you feel silly about calling a Mexican American a mullet haired redneck. (and no, I'm not one of those pinche lazy Mexicans that took May 1st off. I was born in America, and love and respect my country and flag)

I hope you are satisfied by this response, and not cowering behind the wheel of your '95 GT (which is a chick car...) hoping that you do not have the misfortune (yours) of crossing paths with my Chevrolet.

But... EvilGT is a female. So, I don't get it.

And, why is your Chevelle under construction? Is your daddy paying to build a souped up car or have you put the labor in yourself? Obviously you chose to get the Chevelle, but have you worked on it yourself?

Too bad canadians don't count.

How so?

Edited by Roadrunner

Typical turd owner, crying about supposed mullet heads (while driving their crapstang).

If the shoe fits... and we all know it does.

Maybe one day, if you do your chores, and eat all your vegetables, you too can know the joy of driving a Chevrolet.
Why would I want to downgrade? :shrug:

And since when did they have the Intimidator edition Monte Carlo in 1970? Do you know anything about anything?

The sad thing is they actually DID build an Intimidator SS Monte Carlo, so sad it's funny, I just couldn't pass up the oppurtunity. So they didn't build one in 1970, I'm sure you could find a spot on your back window for an "Intimidator" badge, you know, in between your Edelbrock, Comp Cams and Summit Racing stickers.

F@#$ed

Over

Rebuilt

Dodge

So creative...I like this one better.

First

On

Race

Day

You should have already realized this tooling around town (pun intended) in that badass Monte.

As for the Chevelle, it was purchased a month ago, and, the fact that I drove that 34 year old car home provides testament enough to the durability, and reliability of the Chevy small block.

Jr. High graduation present from Dad?

:kuko: As for the SBC; too bad the 351W is an inherently better, if ever so slightly more expensive to build, engine. :doh:

And I bet you feel silly about calling a Mexican American a mullet haired redneck. (and no, I'm not one of those pinche lazy Mexicans that took May 1st off. I was born in America, and love and respect my country and flag)

Perhaps I should have called you lazy, Corona guzzling, mullet haired, NASCAR loving, redneck, wetback then? Better? :devil: I've seen plenty of mullet headed Mexicans behind the wheels of rusted out, dog tracking Chebbies. You act like because you're "Mexican-American" you're automatically exempt from the mullet stereotype? Give me a break, you drive a Chevy, we know you have a mullet and no common sense. :lol:

Wow!

If I didn't know any better, I'd *swear* that Ford Sucks just e-challenged me to an internet drag race!

:rolleyes:

Yes, my '95 GT is a "CHICK CAR". Yes, it contains a fuel injected 351W. And in spirit of the little internet drag race you coordinated.......

My little "chick car" would get a kick out of handing your '70 Monte QUEER CAR it's ass.

That is all.

Oh.............here's a kiss for ya:

xnf05y.jpg

The type of non-sense you two are jabbering about is just the kind of thing that proves my point. Yes, rivalries are always good as is the spirit of competition. The mean spirit of downing someone else is pretty much the behavior of those lacking in character development. COOL! Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. Nice MC. That was one model where Chevy did some good. However.............the current cookie cutter French family modle is really homely. Living proof that a Yugo mated 59 Bel Air. :runaway:

• 1 month later...

Ford Sucks that is the ugliest looking Chevy not to mention every single year Chevrolet ever made. Man you think that car is fast, I would so smoke your ugly Chevy with my 71 Fastback of course I would have to pull 2 of my sparkplug wires off so it would would be a fare race. Oh and how much Bondo is in your car 60% I could go on, us Ford people have the best and THE BEST NEVER REST.

us Ford people have the best and THE BEST NEVER REST.

:rockon: Ford should have kept that slogan, not only for the Ranger but for everything.

It's not Chevrolet, it's Redrolet, as in rednecks. The only reason Chevy is so hot in 'Neckcar (aka NASCAR) is because 99.9% of NASCAR fans are some sort of Earnhardt-obsessed hick.

The Monte Carlo looked like an old man's car compared to the Torino...

Holding a grudge against a car company all the way to the 1950's? Sounds like jealousy. Chevy's were always great, but didn't get that certain shine until 1955 when the small block Chevy made it's debut, and the design of the new '55s took the nation by storm. Isn't this the time that traditional hot rodders found they could get more power for better money from the Chevy mouse? Took the performance edge from turds, and turned all hell loose on every other brand.

General Motors was nothing until '55, and even then only because FoMoCo didn't have a real need for a small block until the early '60s.

If you knew a little bit about history, you'd know that what he's talking about was General Motor's huge buyout of various West Coast interurban rail companies, and then replacing their operations with the much more inefficient and road-clogging buses. If it wasn't for GM, those interurban rail companies could have kept their already efficient and organized operations, and the whole deal has nothing to do with the small block or the Bel-Air.

By the way, Cobras will track down, subdue, and eat every mouse they can find. They also like rats, especially stroked ones. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to know.........wasn't the S-10 pick up and the current Colorado crap? Aren't thesed trucks inferior to Ford? Even the ol' Ranger has to be a better truck than the current Chevy. No?

Colorado is crap, newver had any trouble with S-10. Ranger-Good if it has 5-speed, crap with automatic.

And before you say it I had 2 Rangers and liked both of them. 94 4.0 5speed was excellent.

I've yet to see someone make a valid point as to how a pushrod V8 is less complicated than an OHC V8. I'll bet the patternmaker for the cyl block might have something to say about that. Direct valve actuation in an ohc IS a better solution, plus it gives you the access to VCT. No one has mentioned that with no pushrods one can fashion an almost uncompromised intake port. With pusrods you gotta snake 'em through there. Furthermore all this talk about compact size. Put a tape on an LS1 from bellhousing flange to waterpump tip. Then do the same with the Modular. The LS engines are very long and that can be inconvenient as well. Lastly it'd be nice for someone to actually weigh the engines in question rather than assume the Chev is much lighter since it's narrower. I'll bet'cha you would be suprised there as well.

Well for starters in a V6, V8 have two cams in ohc which have to be timed correctly and then there is the extra mecahnicals used to drive both of those cams.

Cracked

Head

Every

Valve

Rattles

Oil

Leaks

Every

Turnover

Condition

Hopeless;

Entire

Vehicle

Relies

On

Leftover

Engine

Technology

F

O

R

D

Do I even have to fill this in???

Well for starters in a V6, V8 have two cams in ohc which have to be timed correctly and then there is the extra mecahnicals used to drive both of those cams.

If the OHC is using DAMB (direct acting mechanical buckets), then it will have fewer parts than the push rod engine. For example, I'm pretty sure the new 3.5 Duratec will use DAMB. So, a push rod V6 would have 12 lifters and 12 push rods that a SOHC V6 would not have. I suspect a SOHC V6's ports would be a little easier to design since they would not have to worry about push rod interference. To be fair, I am not aware of any SOHC engines that currently use DAMB. That's why I mentioned the 3.5 Duratec. Don't misunderstand me. Push rod valve actuation is a simpler design. But, there are other factors (such a port design) that are really more important than valve actuation.

Edited by CurtisH