2009 Ranger Order Guide

ice-capades

I am thrilled to see the 09 order guide, as I WILL be buying one, however I am disappointed, because unless I read the order guide wrong, you can only get the 4.0L in a long wheelbase single cab. I was hoping with the 3.0 being discontinued they would offer a single cab short wheel base sport with the 4.0. Thats what I was waiting on....oh well guess I will have to splurge and buy and ext cab.......

I am thrilled to see the 09 order guide, as I WILL be buying one, however I am disappointed, because unless I read the order guide wrong, you can only get the 4.0L in a long wheelbase single cab. I was hoping with the 3.0 being discontinued they would offer a single cab short wheel base sport with the 4.0. Thats what I was waiting on....oh well guess I will have to splurge and buy and ext cab.......

Don't know what your intended purpose is for the Ranger, but the advantages of the ext cab are too numerous to list. I'm 5'10" and consider the standard cab too constraining on the ability to adjust the seat to my preference.

Did you buy one yet?

Did you buy one yet?

Havent bought one yet....all of the dealerships around here either have one which I dont want or none. (and by one I mean I am lucky if they even have one on the lot) Just waiting for the dealership to let me know when they are getting some 09s, will probably try and order one at the end of this year......

If I read the order guide correctly, the limited slip rear end and the Payload #2 package are not available on the reg cab lwb 2wd 4.0. I hope this is a mistake! My last Ranger was an 02, I would like to get an 09 setup the same way. My daily driver is a 93 F250 SC long bed with the 460, that's a 7.5L for the kid's out there. I would like to double my mpg's.

Havent bought one yet....all of the dealerships around here either have one which I dont want or none. (and by one I mean I am lucky if they even have one on the lot) Just waiting for the dealership to let me know when they are getting some 09s, will probably try and order one at the end of this year......

What model is your heart set on and what engine?

What model is your heart set on and what engine?

I am wanting a Sport model, 4.0, manual trans, 2wd, black or blue. I should have bought the 2007 I looked at back in 07, the STX, but I couldnt deal with the Mazda bed that they came with. I like the Sport model, but the first thing I am going to have to do is remove the fender flares, unless I can order it without them.....

• 2 weeks later...
I am wanting a Sport model, 4.0, manual trans, 2wd, black or blue. I should have bought the 2007 I looked at back in 07, the STX, but I couldnt deal with the Mazda bed that they came with. I like the Sport model, but the first thing I am going to have to do is remove the fender flares, unless I can order it without them.....

get an XLT, because on the sport you will have many holes on your fenders after removing the flares. There is no way to order it w/o them.

Good luck on finding your Ranger, I just got an FX4 with a manual trans. :happy feet:

Edited by ManEHawke

• 1 month later...

Did you find one yet?

ice_capades,

Thanks for posting the “2009 Ranger Order Guide”; I used it as a guide to order my new 09 Ranger. This will be my third new Supercab Ranger (00, 05, 09), plus one pre-owned regular cab (96)

Ordered an 09 white Supercab 4-door XLT 4x4 Ranger on 11 Aug 08, picked it up and drove it home on 2 Oct 08 (leather bucket seats, 5-seed manual, sliding rear window, power equipment group, cruse control/tilt, 16” y-spoke wheels, BFT with payload package #2, ......, ......, and ......)

Almost ordered a FX4, but I dislike the wheel-lip molding (maybe in 2014 when I get my next Ranger I’ll get the FX4).

Not bad, just 7 weeks and a few days; from the order to delivery date.

• 2 weeks later...
No regular cab 4x4? There goes a good chunk of the working truck crowd as well as the off road play

tuck people. Seems crazy to me to eliminate swaths of buyers from the Ranger.

The auto industry is a cyclical thing and we're in a low period now. Ford is in business to make money, and sadly, they have turned to the bean counters to try to save the bottom line. After ignoring the Ranger for a decade while gorging on the profits from the F-150 they find themselves in the position of having a great profit opportunity and no viable product to sell.It has been an unprofitable vehicle for years, so when development budgets got tight they elected to let the Ranger die a slow death instead of finding a way to make money on it. That's what bean counters do. Fun trucks for off road? nah. 3.5 with 265 HP? nah. More option content? nah. Call me a cynic or worse if you wish , but I think they're only making the Ranger because they don't have openings for the employees who would be on lay off if the plant closed. They have ,and will, continue to ignore calls to improve it because they will not spend another dime on the program Do you have a brochure for the 2008 model?

Get one for the 2009 model and you will see the same pictures!! I have been the proud owner of 4 Rangers in the last twenty years or so and I may even get an '09 if the price is right. Because it's the right size and a dependable little truck and they haven't screwed that up ...yet. But as a customer I am disappointed and a little insulted that they want to sell me a vehicle that hasn't had any major improvements in at least a decade. It is faster and cheaper in the assembly process to make fewer body styles and offer fewer options. At this point , Ford is saying to go ahead and shop the competition if you want those things.Ranger sales have deteriorated because it is becoming stale. Bean counters say we can't improve it because it isn't selling well. Sounds like a self-sustaining problem.

Edited by povertyknob

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2009 Ranger Order Guide

Thanks for providing the sad reading.

Sad because this dependable truck has been neglected by Ford for years, and it's days are numbered. Much like an old war veteran who everyone ignores and withers away..........do I hear 'taps' being played?

I've owned 2 Rangers, a '91 and a '00, both 4X2 Supercabs with the 4.0 and will replace the '00 with it's much anticipated replacement

I hope it can live up to the reputation of it's forefather