Flex review on FoxNews.com

JW

I just looked at a Limited Flex (cinnamon with white top) at the dealer today. Wow, talk about ugly. If that Flex was all black it would look like a hearse! And for $40k, no telescoping wheel, or 8 way pwr seat with power lumber for the passanger?!! Manual lumber for the passenger for 40k? You can definitely tell where the bean counters were allowed to discontent the vehicle. Also the leather on the seats were puckering, as if they were not stitched correctly. The dash and the door panels were beautiful. Nice soft touch materials. Felt higher quality than in the Edge. The exterior door panels were flimsy. I took one finger and could really push them in. Overall, I think it's a swing and a miss. I drive a Ford and I have family at Ford, so I'm not biased one way or the other, but I think what I saw, it wasn't worth 40k. For that kind of money, I'd probably get the Buick Enclave instead.

Edited by jimproz

I just looked at a Limited Flex (cinnamon with white top) at the dealer today. Wow, talk about ugly. If that Flex was all black it would look like a hearse! And for $40k, no telescoping wheel, or 8 way pwr seat with power lumber?!! Manual lumber for the passenger for 40k? You can definitely tell where the bean counters were allowed to discontent the vehicle. Also the leather on the seats were puckering, as if they were not stitched correctly. The dash and the door panels were beautiful. Nice soft touch materials. Felt higher quality than in the Edge. The exterior door panels were flimsy. I took one finger and could really push them in. Overall, I think it's a swing and a miss. I drive a Ford and I have family at Ford, so I'm not biased one way or the other, but I think what I saw, it wasn't worth 40k. For that kind of money, I'd probably get the Buick Enclave instead.

Funny, I just got a close up of the Flex yesterday and I didn't see any of the problems you mentioned. When even the auto media likes the vehicle, I know that Ford got it right.

I build them and I think that they're great. Got to drive them in the yard, super quiet, nice and tight! Roomy inside and it doesn't look like anything else on the road. Our Windstar is getting up there in milage so, I can see a Flex in my driveway in the near future.

I just looked at a Limited Flex (cinnamon with white top) at the dealer today. Wow, talk about ugly. If that Flex was all black it would look like a hearse! And for $40k, no telescoping wheel, or 8 way pwr seat with power lumber?!! Manual lumber for the passenger for 40k? You can definitely tell where the bean counters were allowed to discontent the vehicle. Also the leather on the seats were puckering, as if they were not stitched correctly. The dash and the door panels were beautiful. Nice soft touch materials. Felt higher quality than in the Edge. The exterior door panels were flimsy. I took one finger and could really push them in. Overall, I think it's a swing and a miss. I drive a Ford and I have family at Ford, so I'm not biased one way or the other, but I think what I saw, it wasn't worth 40k. For that kind of money, I'd probably get the Buick Enclave instead.

Well, that's part of the polarizing design of the Flex....some like it, some don't.

I agree with you about the telescoping wheel. With Ford it's either 6-way power or 10-way power, no 8-way power that I'm aware of, and personally I'd want a power recline before I had power lumbar. Part of why the passenger seat is only 6-way power is to allow for it to be able to fold flat.

I'll agree with you that there are a few shortcomings, but I emphasize just a few. I think Ford did a great job with the Flex.