• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Note that it says ownership AND control.

Liberalism on the other hand is a variety of economic philosophies both economic and social. What is going on fits the definiton of new or social liberalism for the most part.

OK...owership and control.......maybe you haven't read the news lately....2 words.... General Motors...

OK...owership and control.......maybe you haven't read the news lately....2 words.... General Motors...

oh for gods sake Nap...that was SELF induced...and its not like the govt wants ANYTHING to do w the Auto industry...they have stated again and again they do NOT and will walk away when the ship shows signs of righting itself...but right now they have no alternative....so, Mr One that knows all, before flaming THAT down offer a damn alternative instead of acting like a conspiracist plotting against the govt...sheesh man, get a grip.....the HATE is deep in this one Obi One.

Edited by Deanh

oh for gods sake Nap...that was SELF induced...and its not like the govt wants ANYTHING to do w the Auto industry...they have stated again and again they do NOT and will walk away when the ship shows signs of righting itself...but right now they have no alternative....so, Mr One that knows all, before flaming THAT down offer a damn alternative instead of acting like a conspiracist plotting against the govt...sheesh man, get a grip.....the HATE is deep in this one Obi One.

Hate is strong word.....I don't use it......so you say the govt. wants nothing to do with the atou industry?...how about the car czar...please tell me the who the last car czar was.....you, like suv are very naive when it comes to the way OUR govt. operates......maybe you could take US History at night, I'm sure your local school system offers it....

Hate is strong word.....I don't use it......so you say the govt. wants nothing to do with the atou industry?...how about the car czar...please tell me the who the last car czar was.....you, like suv are very naive when it comes to the way OUR govt. operates......maybe you could take US History at night, I'm sure your local school system offers it....

Bollocks,,,, once again we come to an impass....offer a viable alternative Nap.....Govt had no choice but to temporarily "intervene".....what, come tell, was the alternative...simple question...hate on....the car business is night and day from what it used to be.

Bollocks,,,, once again we come to an impass....offer a viable alternative Nap.....Govt had no choice but to temporarily "intervene".....what, come tell, was the alternative...simple question...hate on....the car business is night and day from what it used to be.

Isn't that what they said about Amtrak almost 40 years ago?

There's nothing you can tell me about the car business...I spent 40 years there.....you have a short memory...I said long ago that the market should decide GM's fate.....but it eventually will......when you go and take that history class, see if they offer one on economics......

There's nothing you can tell me about the car business...I spent 40 years there.....you have a short memory...I said long ago that the market should decide GM's fate.....but it eventually will......when you go and take that history class, see if they offer one on economics......

so..third time..YOUR expertise in offering an alternative...you seem to love blurting figures about unemployment and laying them at Obamas feet...but here you go saying EVERYONE should have been left to die on the vine...thats great economic advice Nap....oh, is the economic class next to the one youve signed up for called "people skills"?......40 years doing WHAT in the car business? NOW I'm really curious....

Edited by Deanh

so..third time..YOUR expertise in offering an alternative...you seem to love blurting figures about unemployment and laying them at Obamas feet...but here you go saying EVERYONE should have been left to die on the vine...thats great economic advice Nap....oh, is the economic class next to the one youve signed up for called "people skills"?......40 years doing WHAT in the car business? NOW I'm really curious....

You seem to have reading comprension issues also......I SAID LET THE MARKET TAKE CARE OF GM.....how was that?....that's my solution...unlike you I don't think the govt. has the responsiblity to solve the problems of a private company...if we save GM, why not Bill's Contracting, the local builder who closed because of the real estate market....or the GM and Chrsler dealers.....how about those people???.....where does it end.....where does all of this money come from.....answer those questions.....I don't need to improve my people skills.....I run a small but successful business by being honest and forthright with my customers, no complaints so far.....and I think in auto retailing business people skills is code for "a line of BS"

You seem to have reading comprension issues also......I SAID LET THE MARKET TAKE CARE OF GM.....how was that?....that's my solution...unlike you I don't think the govt. has the responsiblity to solve the problems of a private company...if we save GM, why not Bill's Contracting, the local builder who closed because of the real estate market....or the GM and Chrsler dealers.....how about those people???.....where does it end.....where does all of this money come from.....answer those questions.....I don't need to improve my people skills.....I run a small but successful business by being honest and forthright with my customers, no complaints so far.....and I think in auto retailing business people skills is code for "a line of BS"

so death by attrition....thats the answer to all the woes....makes sense, survival of the fittest...so, no-one gets asssistance and then what Nap?...youd bitch even more about the state of the economy, and how the Govt was to blame...screw the banks with the publics $, car companies, Mortgage companies and suppliers that would have been even more aversley affected...anyone basically...no bailouts or assistance to anyone, screw the country , its innocent workers and the economy, not to mention the worldwide trickle down....

what sort of business Nap...party supplies?.....

so death by attrition....thats the answer to all the woes....makes sense, survival of the fittest...so, no-one gets asssistance and then what Nap?...youd bitch even more about the state of the economy, and how the Govt was to blame...screw the banks with the publics $, car companies, Mortgage companies and suppliers that would have been even more aversley affected...anyone basically...no bailouts or assistance to anyone, screw the country , its innocent workers and the economy, not to mention the worldwide trickle down....

I see you avoided answering the questions...typical......

These places that we would of let fail would of been bought up by companies that were responsible and are not in trouble right now.

Just take a look at all the money we gave the banks, are they really any better off now?

The system needs to be cleansed and the government isn't allowing it. It's like seeing a pile of shit in your driveway and the government decides to throw money at it. What do you still have in your driveway?

I see you avoided answering the questions...typical......

man you should be hired by the Govt to spread your genius....rather than answer the question hows this...ask yourself why EXPERTS hired to analyse and DO the job did whta they did? Could it actually be the lesser of two evils?....just an idea to perhaps get you to broaden your horizons Nap, not that they are narrow minded and self centered by any means....

man you should be hired by the Govt to spread your genius....rather than answer the question hows this...ask yourself why EXPERTS hired to analyse and DO the job did whta they did? Could it actually be the lesser of two evils?....just an idea to perhaps get you to broaden your horizons Nap, not that they are narrow minded and self centered by any means....

answer the question...where does all of this money come from?.......come on tell us

answer the question...where does all of this money come from?.......come on tell us

my guess the slush fund full of yours and I tax money...will it be paid back? doubtfull...oh, and by the way I didn't agree with the bailout either...just I do not think there was a viable alternative, and if allowed to totally collapse initially with all the other dilemmas, I beleive there would have been a DEPRESSION rather than a RECESSION....I said from the get go, the bailouts were delaying the inevitable.

my guess the slush fund full of yours and I tax money...will it be paid back? doubtfull...oh, and by the way I didn't agree with the bailout either...just I do not think there was a viable alternative, and if allowed to totally collapse initially with all the other dilemmas, I beleive there would have been a DEPRESSION rather than a RECESSION....I said from the get go, the bailouts were delaying the inevitable.

You seem confused......you don't agree with the bailout...but you wanted to bailout the auto companies and then.....you say "we are delaying the inevitable"......let me tell you something.....there are billions of $ in that delay......it's easy spending (wasting) other people's money, isn't it?.......

You seem confused......you don't agree with the bailout...but you wanted to bailout the auto companies and then.....you say "we are delaying the inevitable"......let me tell you something.....there are billions of $ in that delay......it's easy spending (wasting) other people's money, isn't it?.......

please re-read the post....I don't think there was a viable alternative...perhaps your expertise could enlighten us, as I have asked MULTIPLE times offer an alternative, or quit bitchin.....sure I would rather the money go elsewhere, education perhaps....but then again we could also bring up Iraq, welfare, immigration, uninsured medical claims etc etc as other money pits can't we? One positive i do see, at least the cash was used in house to assist an AMERICAN company...BUT, and here I will admit to being torn....franchaises being torn involutarily from owners chaps my goat...something definitely wrong with that....

please re-read the post....I don't think there was a viable alternative...perhaps your expertise could enlighten us, as I have asked MULTIPLE times offer an alternative, or quit bitchin.....sure I would rather the money go elsewhere, education perhaps....but then again we could also bring up Iraq, welfare, immigration, uninsured medical claims etc etc as other money pits can't we? One positive i do see, at least the cash was used in house to assist an AMERICAN company...BUT, and here I will admit to being torn....franchaises being torn involutarily from owners chaps my goat...something definitely wrong with that....

You continus with alternative issue...go back and read the bold print in post #1161

You continus with alternative issue...go back and read the bold print in post #1161

followed by #1162....sorry Nap, just letting them die would have been the worse of two evils...very simplistic answer though, wonder why the administration didn't take your advice.....anyways, its done, over, right or wrong...and great bitch material for those that can't get over it....we all make great armchair experts though....

Edited by Deanh

followed by #1162....sorry Nap, just letting them die would have been the worse of two evils...very simplistic answer though, wonder why the administration didn't take your advice.....anyways, its done, over, right or wrong...and great bitch material for those that can't get over it....

Now that's where you're wrong, it's not over, it's just the beginning.....they're be many more standing in line with their hands out and more politicians standing in front of cameras telling us how this newspaper or this widget company is just too big to fail....and people like you, who have no problem wasting taxpayers' money will agree.....so you call it bitch material, which shows your immaturity on the subject, I call it standing on principles...that the govt. stay-the-hell out of business.......they don't know what they are doing....look at the post office.....

Now that's where you're wrong, it's not over, it's just the beginning.....they're be many more standing in line with their hands out and more politicians standing in front of cameras telling us how this newspaper or this widget company is just too big to fail....and people like you, who have no problem wasting taxpayers' money will agree.....so you call it bitch material, which shows your immaturity on the subject, I call it standing on principles...that the govt. stay-the-hell out of business.......they don't know what they are doing....look at the post office.....

you could be right I'm afraod, but that remains to be seen. and I think they are doing a LOT better at picking their poisons. To Bail out the automakers was obviously a judgement call, it probably saved hundreds of thousands of jobs, so i doubt it was a decision they took lightly, I don't understand why you have such a hard time accepting that...as for it setting a precedent for more handouts, I doubt a "widget" or newspaper company going "POOF" would have as devestating effect on the nation as a whole...like I said, one has to pick its poison wisely. And as for the post office...they do a FINE job ( of training potential psychos ) As for immaturity on the subhect...your call...but my nature is NOT to continually complain and bitch about things that cannot be changed, because constant complaining wont allter a thing, regardless of what the subject matter is....

you could be right I'm afraod, but that remains to be seen. and I think they are doing a LOT better at picking their poisons. To Bail out the automakers was obviously a judgement call, it probably saved hundreds of thousands of jobs, so i doubt it was a decision they took lightly, I don't understand why you have such a hard time accepting that...as for it setting a precedent for more handouts, I doubt a "widget" or newspaper company going "POOF" would have as devestating effect on the nation as a whole...like I said, one has to pick its poison wisely. And as for the post office...they do a FINE job ( of training potential psychos ) As for immaturity on the subhect...your call...but my nature is NOT to continually complain and bitch about things that cannot be changed, because constant complaining wont allter a thing, regardless of what the subject matter is....

so let me see if I get your philosophy is don't complain......that fixes nothing.....sometimes complaining or your word bitching will energize people to become involved