Proved: There is no climate crisis

March 8 -10 in New York

http://www.heartland.org/events/NewYork09/...nalReviewAd.pdf

About 800 scientists, economists, legislators, policy activists, and media representatives are expected to register at the second International Conference on Climate Change, opening Sunday, March 8 and concluding Tuesday, March 10 at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel.

Produced by The Heartland Institute and 57 co-sponsoring organizations, the conference is devoted to answering questions overlooked by the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. That panel concluded global temperatures may already have reached crisis proportions, and that human activity was a key driver in raising temperatures, primarily because of the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

But the 80 experts scheduled to speak at the Heartland conference say they will present a substantially different viewpoint.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same huh? Obama has only been in office for 5 weeks and he has done more in that time than the science denying George W. did in his 8 years. You guys are in the minority now, the public supports environmental protection. Here is a list of what Obama has already done, read em and weep, then open up your wallets and pay for your overconsumption.

See? You're no different than anybody else. Since I didn't vote for Obama, you automatically label me an anti-environmentalist right winger. Yes, I'm in the minority now.

But this is the part all of you lefties miss every time this comes up: I was ALSO in the minority when Bush was in office.

His policies were not MY policies, just as Obama's thus far are not my policies either. Bush and Obama are both BIG GOVERNMENT money-wasting politicians. See all the environmental legislation for what it TRULY is: creating more ways for the federal government to stick its nose into the lives of private citizens' lives. My cars pass emissions every 2 years and pollute far less than half the hypocrite hippies driving their 25 year old diesel Veedubs do. I don't dump motor oil in my lawn or in the nearby stream. I recycle. I use a programmable thermostat. What the hell else do you want? I mean really, I want a clean world as much as the next guy. I just refuse to give up my personal freedoms to get it. You should demand the same.

Edited by NickF1011

Cocheese,you aint never spent much time on book learnins and such like have you?

The chaotic nature of weather means that no conclusion about climate can ever be drawn from a single data point, hot or cold. The temperature of one place at one time is just weather, and says nothing about climate, much less climate change, much less global climate change.

Now you are talking sense. There is no evidence of man-made global warming and it was just made up by the left to gain more government control through fear-mongering.

Edited by Trimdingman

well hey threw a lot more at the banks like ten to twenty times more, and hes not even your presidnet you live in communist Canada, so if my president wants to spend like 4% or so of his budget on the environemnt its not any of Canadas buisness.

As for big government, it is here to stay, looks like all the red scares of the 50's didn't work, short of a revolution and people acutally figuring out how DC spends their money, I don't see much to distract people from American Idol, fishing, eating, sleeping, foreclosure, texting, etc to make them realize their tax dollars aren't being spent well.

Back to global warming, have we come to find any scientific data/study that illustrates how climate change, or mans impact on the environment is all a hoax?

We know a lot more about you than you know about us. Canada has a Conservative government now. You are now the Communists. Your banks and auto industry have been nationalized, and Comrade Obama has you all mesmerized. His words are like holy scripture to you. If you dare criticize him, like Limbaugh, the Gulag awaits. It's coming. Opposition will be silenced. Their taxes will be scrutinized and a witch hunt will be conducted until they are put in prison. The hypnotized masses will cheer their loss of freedom of speech. Read some history, and then look in the mirror.

We know a lot more about you than you know about us. Canada has a Conservative government now. You are now the Communists. Your banks and auto industry have been nationalized, and Comrade Obama has you all mesmerized. His words are like holy scripture to you. If you dare criticize him, like Limbaugh, the Gulag awaits. It's coming. Opposition will be silenced. Their taxes will be scrutinized and a witch hunt will be conducted until they are put in prison. The hypnotized masses will cheer their loss of freedom of speech. Read some history, and then look in the mirror.

And this affects global warming how?

Cocheese,you aint never spent much time on book learnins and such like have you?

The chaotic nature of weather means that no conclusion about climate can ever be drawn from a single data point, hot or cold. The temperature of one place at one time is just weather, and says nothing about climate, much less climate change, much less global climate change.

Aren't you making the same point I am, that you can't judge the planet's climate based solely on a relatively small amount of information?

My point is, we've now gone through our second straight winter where we've been hammered with cold weather and snow fall, yet before each season arrived, the GW believers told anyone who would listen that because of MMGW, our winters would pretty much disappear. 3 months of cold weather and nothing said from the hippies, but when we have a warm spell come through for a couple days, these people are out every where screaming about the dangers of MMGW, only to go into hiding again once the snow starts coming down again.

Remember, your types went on and on about Global Cooling in the 70's.

They can't waste a good crisis. First they create a crisis, then they exploit it to the max. They get everybody scared and then gather them in. They turn them into believing, obeying zombies, and then they tell them what to do. Why do people feel the need to belong to a group under somebody's control? What ever happened to individuality?

They can't waste a good crisis. First they create a crisis, then they exploit it to the max. They get everybody scared and then gather them in. They turn them into believing, obeying zombies, and then they tell them what to do. Why do people feel the need to belong to a group under somebody's control? What ever happened to individuality?

Yeah! I'm gonna be an individual....just like you. :)

Aren't you making the same point I am, that you can't judge the planet's climate based solely on a relatively small amount of information?

My point is, we've now gone through our second straight winter where we've been hammered with cold weather and snow fall, yet before each season arrived, the GW believers told anyone who would listen that because of MMGW, our winters would pretty much disappear. 3 months of cold weather and nothing said from the hippies, but when we have a warm spell come through for a couple days, these people are out every where screaming about the dangers of MMGW, only to go into hiding again once the snow starts coming down again.

Remember, your types went on and on about Global Cooling in the 70's.

Can you please site your source on ACC believers telling everyone that our last 5 winters would disappear? And no I was not making the same point as you were, the point you were making was that because it's been cold where you live, GW is BS .

\ One data point does not dismiss GW.

And Dragging up long-discredited myths about some non-existent scientific consensus about global cooling from the 1970s does no one any good. In the 1970s, there was a book in the popular press, a few articles in popular magazines, and a small amount of scientific speculation based on the recently discovered glacial cycles and the recent slight cooling trend from air pollution blocking the sunlight. There were no daily headlines. There was no avalanche of scientific articles. There were no United Nations treaties or commissions. No G8 summits on the dangers and possible solutions. No institutional pronouncements. You could find broader "consensus" on a coming alien invasion.

Edited by Savetheplanet

There were no daily headlines. There was no avalanche of scientific articles. There were no United Nations treaties or commissions. No G8 summits on the dangers and possible solutions. No institutional pronouncements. You could find broader "consensus" on a coming alien invasion.

There was also no collective conscious realizing that a lucky few could stand to make billions of dollars by selling carbon credits. There was also no political agenda that realized they could use such a crisis as a cash-grab to redistribute wealth and place additional burdens on big business.

I'm just sayin'.... :shrug:

There was also no collective conscious realizing that a lucky few could stand to make billions of dollars by selling carbon credits. There was also no political agenda that realized they could use such a crisis as a cash-grab to redistribute wealth and place additional burdens on big business.

Who are these lucky few who will make billions Nick? Who is making this "cash grab" to redistribute wealth? Why do people care sooo much about carbon caps that have not even been passed ye,t but never mention the $30 billion a year in farm subsidies that have been going on since the 30's? Just asking :)

Seems to me that if the fiscal conservatives that have refound their religion again really cared about $$ they would have been railing on these subsidies a long time ago. I think it really comes down to the culture war

Who are these lucky few who will make billions Nick? Who is making this "cash grab" to redistribute wealth? Why do people care sooo much about carbon caps that have not even been passed ye,t but never mention the $30 billion a year in farm subsidies that have been going on since the 30's? Just asking :)

Seems to me that if the fiscal conservatives that have refound their religion again really cared about $$ they would have been railing on these subsidies a long time ago. I think it really comes down to the culture war

I think the farm subsidies going to big businesses are just as ludicrous as carbon credits being imposed upon big businesses. Why thank you for asking for once instead of assuming. :)

Who stands to make billions from carbon credits? Well one, the governments around the world imposing them, all in the name of bigger government. Two, the companies that are setting up shop that are claiming to "buy your carbon" so you can live a carbon-neutral lifestyle. That scam is already happening. There's just a couple examples of cash grabs. As we get closer to our supposed impending doom, I'm sure plenty of other entrepreneurs will come up with ways to "save the planet" by asking us for money.

That would be me. I plan to sell carbon credits to coal fired power plants, and then pipe the captured CO2 to my storage facility. We will then sell the CO2 to oil companys to use to enhance production from stripper wells. We would have burned methane to make the CO2 but what the heck, when they will pay us to take the CO2 why not? Pay no attention to the fact that atmospheric levels of methane are rising about 50 times faster than CO2 or that methane is 14 times more effective as a green house gas. The money is in the treatment, not the cure. You people are such useful idiots.

Edited by xr7g428

Well said.

Can any of you ACC skeptics name 3 major scientific institutions dealing with climate, ocean, and/or atmosphere, that don't believe in ACC? How about 3 research institutes in any developed country that don't believe in ACC. Why are there so few peer reviewed articles supporting your case? I don't blame you for not answering the question and changing the subject, the truth hurts don't it?

Below are a few of the scientific institutions (the list is long) that unequivocally believe that the climate is warming rapidly and the primary cause is human CO2 emissions.

NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies (GISS): http://www.giss.nasa.gov/edu/gwdebate/

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC): http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/index.htm

National Academy of Sciences (NAS): http://books.nap.edu/collections/global_warming/index.html

State of the Canadian Cryosphere (SOCC) - http://www.socc.ca/permafrost/permafrost_future_e.cfm

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): http://epa.gov/climatechange/index.html

The Royal Society of the UK (RS) - http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/page.asp?id=3135

American Geophysical Union (AGU): http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/policy/climate_...e_position.html

American Meteorological Society (AMS): http://www.ametsoc.org/policy/climatechang...earch_2003.html

American Institute of Physics (AIP): http://www.aip.org/gov/policy12.html

National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR): http://eo.ucar.edu/basics/cc_1.html

American Meteorological Society (AMS): http://www.ametsoc.org/policy/jointacademies.html

Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS): http://www.cmos.ca/climatechangepole.html

ACC? I believe in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Is this the new acronym of the week?

I don't doubt at all that global temperatures are changing. Most people won't argue with that. My argument stands at do we really know precisely why it is changing and if so, is there anything we can realistically do to change it without completely destroying our quality of life? I'm just sick of seeing people go off half-cocked and demand sweeping legislation and tax schemes that may or may not even make a lick of difference.

If any of your papers address that issue, I'll gladly read them. However, I don't need to read another paper telling me that I'm a bad human and I need to trade in my Mustang for a bicycle.

Edited by NickF1011

Can any of you ACC skeptics name 3 major scientific institutions dealing with climate, ocean, and/or atmosphere, that don't believe in ACC? How about 3 research institutes in any developed country that don't believe in ACC. Why are there so few peer reviewed articles supporting your case? I don't blame you for not answering the question and changing the subject, the truth hurts don't it?

{deleted}

Perhaps before you start copying the content of other peoples' blogs, you should consider whether or not the links actually work.

And of the ones that do work, most don't say anything close to Global warming is real, and we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that man is causing it.

I think I counted three on that list (of the ones that worked) that said something like that. The rest basically said more study is required.

Faith in other men isn't going to get you far.