DTP without steady product

mtp.cares

DTP will be without a steady product and will have much more down time because union from plant not getting involved with the negotiation process with company because they have no experience..... we are all doomed,hey but they all have jobs with no seniority!

Edited by mtp.cares

Local 600 has no influence on the price of oil or the mortgage crisis.The company is holding all the cards right now in any negotiations.Local 600 did grant many concessions to the company in order to save our jobs and I really do not want them to grant anymore.Gettlefinger is right when he says that we could work for free and management would still screw it up.I came to DTP from Wixom which was at one time a 'crown jewel'.What we are experiencing at DTP is not personal and it is not the fault of the union,it can happen at any assembly plant.Ford is not going to continue to build product that customers won`t buy.Now if those 'Hot Shot' engineers ever design a F-150 with outstanding gas mileage,,,,,,,

Edited by Fatso

Local 600 has no influence on the price of oil or the mortgage crisis.The company is holding all the cards right now in any negotiations.Local 600 did grant many concessions to the company in order to save our jobs and I really do not want them to grant anymore.Gettlefinger is right when he says that we could work for free and management would still screw it up.I came to DTP from Wixom which was at one time a 'crown jewel'.What we are experiencing at DTP is not personal and it is not the fault of the union,it can happen at any assembly plant.Ford is not going to continue to build product that customers won`t buy.Now if those 'Hot Shot' engineers ever design a F-150 with outstanding gas mileage,,,,,,,

I agree and understand but all the other plants and locals have been in constant conversation over the last 2 weeks with the company except for local 600 and dtp they are giving major deals for cars to plants that need a lot more work and money to change over to a car platform thus firming up their future while we all sit at home and potentially lose our jobs while these important products are moved elsewhere..im not saying give anything else away what i am saying is lets not wait for everyone else to have a future and leave us in the past

I agree and understand but all the other plants and locals have been in constant conversation over the last 2 weeks with the company except for local 600 and dtp they are giving major deals for cars to plants that need a lot more work and money to change over to a car platform thus firming up their future while we all sit at home and potentially lose our jobs while these important products are moved elsewhere..im not saying give anything else away what i am saying is lets not wait for everyone else to have a future and leave us in the past

How do you know that the local 600 leaders are not talking with the company? It looks like DTP is going to be the only plant building F150's and since MTP is not going to be getting the F100 it looks like DTP will probally be getting them. What else do you want to throw in the mix?

Edited by sez

I have met some extremely talented people UAW and salaried working at Ford Motor.None of us deserves what is happening.We could have made it working in other industries.I just do not know for sure,,,,,,ANYTHING.I, like thousand of others ,have showed up with perfect attendance,followed all the rules,bought the common stock,only drove Ford`s and sold Ford`s to my family.At this point I say,,,, ENOUGH.I was hoping for a dollar amount, one time buyout enticing enough so I could just leave and not look back.How in the world does a person with one year seniority get the same cash buyout as a person with 29 years seniority assuming both are under the 'blessed'age of 55?Age discrimination lawsuits.That is all that is about.Every 12 years or so like clockwork, the Big three is hit with Higher gas prices hurting sales.Ford is a poorly run corporation.I wish I could tell you something for sure but I can`t.As far as the Local 600 goes I can`t forget two things,,,One,,I would not have a job at Ford if it was not for the union.Two,,,,,Sub pay is fun.Good Luck

Edited by Fatso

How do you know that the local 600 leaders are not talking with the company? It looks like DTP is going to be the only plant building F150's and since MTP is not going to be getting the F100 it looks like DTP will probally be getting them. What else do you want to throw in the mix?

I think that ford is going to announce that the f-100 will be built off shore and imported into North America and right now the f-150 can not support even 2 shifts so I am not looking forward to either working very little or being laid off indefinately after all the jobs have been filled elsewhere

Our "leader" is on vacation out of state I talked to him yesterday and he said he knows nothing but is "making some phone calls" to get a heads up on things

Our "leader" is on vacation out of state I talked to him yesterday and he said he knows nothing but is "making some phone calls" to get a heads up on things

Making phone calls my ass! He needs to be here taking care of buisness and forget about vacation.He will have plenty of time for that when his ass is out on the street.Where's my unempl/sub checks? Fuck vacation! Sorry ass locals here aint shit. No info giving, no one answering phone calls, no nothing! 600 sucks B.C's nuts.I should have went to a real plant like KCAP. Heads up on things!!. Give me a break!

DTP is not going to get all those products. Why not throw another one or two in there. You may get all the F-150 production but I doubt that too. KCAP still being told that engineers at DTP have told the company that they are NOT able to re-tool the plant to handle the 8" box. SO if, IF that is true then you will not get all that production without the ability to run all the trucks. In fact if we are going to throw rumours around, we were told by several engineers from Detroit at the launch today that we more than likely will get our second shift back on trucks by spring and that we will have all the production. take it for what its worth. which is not shit.

DTP is not going to get all those products. Why not throw another one or two in there. You may get all the F-150 production but I doubt that too. KCAP still being told that engineers at DTP have told the company that they are NOT able to re-tool the plant to handle the 8" box. SO if, IF that is true then you will not get all that production without the ability to run all the trucks. In fact if we are going to throw rumours around, we were told by several engineers from Detroit at the launch today that we more than likely will get our second shift back on trucks by spring and that we will have all the production. take it for what its worth. which is not shit.

Thanx for repeating what I said 2 months ago ,when I was told this very same information. First,I said KCAP would be getting the launch from dtp & dbs, because they just FUCK everything up and with more employees. second, BOB said K.C. would be building all 150's by 2010. I guess we will wait and see while the union makes some calls and gets back to us.

If those idiots can't figure out how to put an 8ft. box into a full "flex" plant then they need to go ahead and shut the big turd sucker down. :hysterical:

If those idiots can't figure out how to put an 8ft. box into a full "flex" plant then they need to go ahead and shut the big turd sucker down. :hysterical:

I agree 100% ! These idiots are handed everything imaginable to build a quality truck and successful launch, did they do either? NO. They need to uproot that statue of Henry Ford on miller and ship it to KCAP where the poor bastard can finally rest in peace and have real workers represent. Maybe replace it with K,KILPATRICK!!!!!!

I agree 100% ! These idiots are handed everything imaginable to build a quality truck and successful launch, did they do either? NO. They need to uproot that statue of Henry Ford on miller and ship it to KCAP where the poor bastard can finally rest in peace and have real workers represent. Maybe replace it with K,KILPATRICK!!!!!!

Reality check!! DTP is not as GOLDEN as everybody think it is...nothing was mention about us getting another vehicle. All the hype about the plant being able to convert and build more than one product, but now we are struggling to stay open.

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

Reality check!! DTP is not as GOLDEN as everybody think it is...nothing was mention about us getting another vehicle. All the hype about the plant being able to convert and build more than one product, but now we are struggling to stay open.

I think you over thinking what is going on. We are not struggling to stay open as right now they are having us feel what every other plant has and they do not like it at all. They are paying us to be out while they settle products in places that will start to see them in the December downtime. We will hear more than what some think when we get back.

If you have been through this like most have before it makes it kinda normal. Just the way the auto industry is and always will be.

DTP will be without a steady product and will have much more down time because union from plant not getting involved with the negotiation process with company because they have no experience..... we are all doomed,hey but they all have jobs with no seniority!

I Don't know why you say that DTP will have no steady product when it will be building pretty much all of the F-150's. Thats like putting 2 plants into one.

Thanx for repeating what I said 2 months ago ,when I was told this very same information. First,I said KCAP would be getting the launch from dtp & dbs, because they just FUCK everything up and with more employees. second, BOB said K.C. would be building all 150's by 2010. I guess we will wait and see while the union makes some calls and gets back to us.

Ha, Ha, Ha,..........Whats happening now bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you over thinking what is going on. We are not struggling to stay open as right now they are having us feel what every other plant has and they do not like it at all. They are paying us to be out while they settle products in places that will start to see them in the December downtime. We will hear more than what some think when we get back.

If you have been through this like most have before it makes it kinda normal. Just the way the auto industry is and always will be.

Tell that to the people that just transferred from DTP to another that we are not struggling. Who are we going to hear it from? Local 600 yeah right!!!

Tell that to the people that just transferred from DTP to another that we are not struggling. Who are we going to hear it from? Local 600 yeah right!!!

You know the 3rd shift was never meant to be a longtime thing. And just because someone transfers to another plant does not mean DTP is going down. And yes the Local will tell you what is going on once we get back. You might even notice a few things as you walk into the building but that can wait. Just enjoy your time off and just be glad that people will have a job if they really want to work.

The plant has been under lockdown for the 2 weeks and nobody could not get it. So anyone tells you that they were at the plant I would wonder how that was possible since even supervisors were not in along with the engineers I work with. Now the work begins...

We are all UAW,,,right?I do not understand the glee with watching union brothers and sisters lose their jobs.Those people who transferred to DTP gotta be stressed.Local 600 has the most voting power when it comes to Ford National contracts.I don`t want to see anybody lose their jobs and it is not the 'little guys' fault.How can you all 'do people' like that?Typical Americana,,if my neighbor gets beats down,,,I look better than him!Say what ya want.I don`t come back to this discussion.It is sickening.

as of right now kcap will be keeping the f 150 which means the 68,000 orders for the 09 can be filled by 1 shift there, which means that all DTP is for till the end of the year is for the museum,.....and be prepared for a notice that we will be down till jan 1 or that we will go back for 2 weeks to set the crews then be down till jan 1 either way we are screwed