Why did you have to bring that up Deanh you know it will only give P71 nightmares.

Where is Crown Vic P71 tonight? He must be out celebrating 38% sales rise in some cop shop.

He PMed me on CVN and requested I post this up on his behalf to respond to your inquiry:

From P71_CrownVic:

I was banned because the powers that be do not want to hear the truth. Never mind the fact that A LOT of people on this site rip on three Ford products with no reprimand, a so-called "moderator" can start threads with the full intention of calling me out and that specific thread consisted of little more than an obvious attempt to provoke an angry response from myself. And never mind all of the attempts to discredit or devalue my opinion because of what I drive...how incredibly petty and childish. Oh...and let us not forget the profile that was started for THE PURE INTENTION of mocking me. Same name, save avatar, same sig. That's ok...but liking the Panthers...ON A FREAKING FORD SITE...is not...and anyone that does like the Panthers...is automatically considered part of the "Panther Mafia". Then there is the CONSTANT baiting of Panther fans...by the cheerleaders...in threads that have nothing to do with the Panthers. And then the so called "Panther Mafia" gets [censored] because we defend the cars we like...and are told to stop bringing the Panthers up in threads that don't involve the Panthers. Last I checked, the Panthers were Ford products. But liking the Panthers ON A FORD FAN SITE is not ok...

If I got banned because of this Quote:Due to posts which all too frequently consist of little more than an obvious attempt to provoke an angry response from other board members...then there should be about another 10 members that should have been banned with me...including [censored] the moderator.

I'm guessing he can still read even though he cannot post.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am "only" 48 years old, but am seriously thinking about buying a Town Car. The last of the REAL American luxury cars. I hate to point out, however, that they are depreciation monsters. Buying a 1 to 3 year old one is where the real value lies. My generation and younger has been sold a bill of goods with FWD cars. There is NOTHING like the "boulevard ride" of the Panther type car.

Well said. :shades:

I sat in nearly everything at the 2007 Houston Auto Show and the ONLY car that had DECENT seats (comfort-wise) was the Town Car. Even the GMQs seats were harder than I like.

By the way, although it WAS a long time ago, I am still convinced that GM's 1985 move to FWD "top of the line" cars (98, Park Avenue, Deville) was the beginning of their (what appears to be soon) end. I still see an occasional early '80s Ninety Eight or Park Avenue ("Deuce and a Quarter") and admire them. The Cadillac RWD car lasted longer as the Fleetwood Brougham although the 1993 (or was it 1992) bodystyle was fugly and not nearly as nice as the 1977-1991 car it replaced.

Amen and took the words right out of my mouth. :ohsnap:

He PMed me on CVN and requested I post this up on his behalf to respond to your inquiry:

I'm guessing he can still read even though he cannot post.

Well, anybody can read the boards by simply going onto blueovalforums.com, you just need a login name, etc. to be able to post.

It's a shame that the panthers are being discontinued...

With it disappearing in the future I decided to get one with in the month (MGM LS Light Ice Blue) It truly has great value at the price they are currently going for as apposed to the Taurus and Sable. I can careless about the resale value like my Marauder I plan on keeping it as long as I live.

I thought the USA was the land of the free, and Crown Vic was still a Ford product?

I wondered why he has not posted for a while.

1) In the first place he was only banned for 2 weeks, unless Robert changed the term.

2) Free speech means he can go start his own forum and call us all jerks and wait and see if anyone signs up. Until then, well, he can either shape up or ship out. Judging from his PM, I expect he'll be shipping out.