Challenger

8A4RE

I was driving behind a new challenger on my way home from work yesterday, driving along the beach in Seattle. There were a lot of people walking along the street, so I decided to count the number of people that actually stared at the car as it passed. We must have driven past 100 people, but only 3 people seemed to even notice this bright orange Challenger. Personally, I thought that it looked amazing. At one point, we met a Mustang, and I was surprised by how tiny it looked in comparison to the Challenger.

do they have a paint code for that car? i feel like spraying some out tomorrow to check it out....

Well, BASF made the Mystic paints for Ford. I'd try contacting them to see if they could help. It may not be a production color though since the car was never put into production.

The only 2000s they actually built were Cobra Rs, so I doubt it was them.

Come to think of it, I don't remember hearing of a 2002 model, either

They cancelled the 2000 Cobra because of HP issues and only made the R. I think they made a limited run of Cobras in 2002.

While I like both the Mustang and this car, I came to the conclusion, that I can buy and do a REALLY good rebuild an original for less than they're asking.

Right on! Over-priced bloated value. This is old techonlogy people. This is sort like truck underpinnings of yore. And they charge over 30 G's. Screw them, re-doing an original IS the way to go. Why didn't they just duplicate the original interior anyway? Dufus'

Just out of curiosity, what year was the Mystichrome (which I loved!) Because I always thought the '99-'04 Mustangs looked fat - actually fatter than the current Challenger - but actually more muscular than the first of the SN95's. I haven't seen the two together to make a determination.

2004 Mystichrome. The Cobra (which ran 12.0@116 BTW) followed the Challenger back to the pits, saw them driving back to back no more than 20 feet apart from about 100 feet away. The Challenger really does look bloated, super sized.

They cancelled the 2000 Cobra because of HP issues and only made the R. I think they made a limited run of Cobras in 2002.

Had to look this up. Everything I found on it referenced 2002 as the year they were sold in Australia.

Here's a few pics:

1_2002-mustang-cobra-front.jpg

1_1.jpg

1_2.jpg

Interesting auxiliary lights in the bumper.

There will be a V6 Challenger starting with the '10 model year, from what I understand. There will also be manual transmissions available next year as well on both V6 and V8.

Also, the D35 will likely be the base engine when the '10 Mustang is launched.

I know the new car manager at the local Dodge store here, and he has already ordered some V-6 Challengers, so they should be on the lots pretty soon. The current model year was a very short run of SRT-8 models. They already have the brochures for the V-6 cars, and they really don't look much different from the SRT-8s. No hood scoops, and different wheels. The big news is the 6-spd manual for the big boys. Visually, there's not a lot to differentiate the base car from the loaded SRT-8, though.

Visually, there's not a lot to differentiate the base car from the loaded SRT-8, though.

Not really a whole lot visually to tell a V6 Mustang from a GT500 either when you think about it. Sure, it's all very obvious to the trained eye, but the layman isn't going to notice much of it.

The big news is the 6-spd manual for the big boys. Visually, there's not a lot to differentiate the base car from the loaded SRT-8, though.

Much like the other SRT vehicles, wheels, body kit, and Brembos tell the story.

I sat in a Challenger SRT8 today (black and gray) at my local Dodge dealer. That car is HUGE. But for all its size, it doesn't have that much interior space, at least in the back seat. Guess it's not supposed to, huh...