2009 FEHL Shutdown!?

hd-tech

We have had our vehicle for all of about 2 weeks now. 09 FEHL with everything.

This morning my wife was driving to work - all of 4-5 blocks from out house - and the OSD showed something to the effect of "please safely stop the vehicle immediately." Everything shut down as she was pulling over. The car was dead dead.

She got out and looked around for anything obvious but found nothing. Got back in and the vehicle started right back up without issue and got her to work (about 3mi away).

With these being so new, I would not be surprised if we were the first, or one of the first ones with such a problem.

If nobody knows of such a problem with the 2009, I am wondering, if there is any knowledge to leverage from potentially similar experiences on the 2008 FEH/MMH?

This out of the owners manual from my 08 FEH under the heading driver controls:

STOP SAFELY NOW. Displayed when the Master electrical hazard

warning lamp is illuminated indicating a Hybrid component failure. If this

warning occurs, the vehicle will soon shutdown without further warning,

stop the vehicle as soon as safely possible and contact your authorized

dealer as soon as possible.

Even if the vehicle seems to be running OK now I would still contact the dealer. Let them check out the system. Maybe there is a diagnostic code they can pull from the computer.

This out of the owners manual from my 08 FEH under the heading driver controls:

STOP SAFELY NOW. Displayed when the Master electrical hazard

warning lamp is illuminated indicating a Hybrid component failure. If this

warning occurs, the vehicle will soon shutdown without further warning,

stop the vehicle as soon as safely possible and contact your authorized

dealer as soon as possible.

Even if the vehicle seems to be running OK now I would still contact the dealer. Let them check out the system. Maybe there is a diagnostic code they can pull from the computer.

Is that similar to the BSOD for the computer. Maybe having Microsoft installed is not a smart idea...

We have had our vehicle for all of about 2 weeks now. 09 FEHL with everything.

This morning my wife was driving to work - all of 4-5 blocks from out house - and the OSD showed something to the effect of "please safely stop the vehicle immediately." Everything shut down as she was pulling over. The car was dead dead.

She got out and looked around for anything obvious but found nothing. Got back in and the vehicle started right back up without issue and got her to work (about 3mi away).

With these being so new, I would not be surprised if we were the first, or one of the first ones with such a problem.

If nobody knows of such a problem with the 2009, I am wondering, if there is any knowledge to leverage from potentially similar experiences on the 2008 FEH/MMH?

My guess is that with such a short commute (probably all on battery) you eventually ran the battery dead.

Is that similar to the BSOD for the computer. Maybe having Microsoft installed is not a smart idea...

Please do not insult the dozens and dozens of Ford Software Engineers who have written software for the various computers in the powertrain and battery controllers. :angry:

Microsoft :devil: has absolutely nothing to do with this software (Thank God) !!

Please do not insult the dozens and dozens of Ford Software Engineers who have written software for the various computers in the powertrain and battery controllers. :angry:

Microsoft :devil: has absolutely nothing to do with this software (Thank God) !!

Hopefully no virus can come in through the SYNC system to the other software.

Wouldn't the gas engine lick in to take over before that point?

Thanks for the inputs guys. According to the wife (and believable since this part of the commute is all uphill) that the ICE would have been on without a doubt. It also was in the garage so I wouldn't think of any overheating issues.

I also have another problem with the reverse sensors. It seems like that if the brake is even partially depressed and the wheels are turned (not sure if the wheel turn is required) that the sensors will not stop alerting me. I have validated this twice. Curious if this is a known problem and not unique to the 2009 or my car in general.

Thanks for the inputs guys. According to the wife (and believable since this part of the commute is all uphill) that the ICE would have been on without a doubt. It also was in the garage so I wouldn't think of any overheating issues.

I also have another problem with the reverse sensors. It seems like that if the brake is even partially depressed and the wheels are turned (not sure if the wheel turn is required) that the sensors will not stop alerting me. I have validated this twice. Curious if this is a known problem and not unique to the 2009 or my car in general.

I have a 2008 FEH with Limited package and my reverse sensors work regardless of the direction of the wheels.

Sorry to break it to you, but all that wonderful Ford software runs under Microsoft's Windows Automotive. :violin:

Aa286536.winaut(en-us,MSDN.10).gif

Nothing. But don't try and introduce logic into a MS bashing session! It wouldn't be pretty.

I was just about to say something to this effect, but you sir take the cake.

Tazjedi, if you are serious .... wow.

To the OP, these problems have apparently been around for atleast the last couple years for the FEH. There has been plenty of discussion on the various FEH forums. Definitely get it into the dealership pronto to have them check it out. Also, I remember reading somewhere that this particular problem doesn't show up on the service department's regular computer scan, but some sort of deeper scan will see this in the log. Sorry I can't be more specific, it's rather vague in my memory.

I was just about to say something to this effect, but you sir take the cake.

Tazjedi, if you are serious .... wow.

To the OP, these problems have apparently been around for atleast the last couple years for the FEH. There has been plenty of discussion on the various FEH forums. Definitely get it into the dealership pronto to have them check it out. Also, I remember reading somewhere that this particular problem doesn't show up on the service department's regular computer scan, but some sort of deeper scan will see this in the log. Sorry I can't be more specific, it's rather vague in my memory.

Sorry, was not serious. Just had to bring it up, as my MAC never has crashed and the day this post was done was the same day I had just had a Windows Machine crash. Good timing... :finger:

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 2008 FEH with Limited package and my reverse sensors work regardless of the direction of the wheels.

I am glad that your reverse sensors work fine. But your reply doesnt really help me. I know there is an intermitency in mine. I now have a small dent on the bumper to prove it! :censored: And the dent is right on the sensor! :banghead:

The dealership gets faults codes but is blaming the dent. So no warranty support to fix the bumper. I know, it is ultimately my mistake.

In trying to get some warranty coverage, I have found that once "digital imaging" issues their decision, that appears to be final.

Does anyone know how to get above or talk to someone in digital imaging?