Leather Care

twolostminds

The title and subtitle basically say it all. This will be our first leather interior and I am looking for advice on how to keep it clean and stain free from the kids(teenagers) and the occasional coffee dribble.

I use a leather cleaner that is made for leather jackets for my 05 Ford Five Hundred Limited that has leather seats. I could not find a car cleaner that worked well. Good luck on finding something that works for you.

I use a leather cleaner that is made for leather jackets for my 05 Ford Five Hundred Limited that has leather seats. I could not find a car cleaner that worked well. Good luck on finding something that works for you.

We have had a van with leather interior for about 10 years and have always used Mother's Gold leather cleaner and conditioner (two separate bottles) and the leather still looks new. There is also a catalog distributer and website that markets a line of high end products for cleaning and detailing vehicles. www.griotsgarage.com/

The title and subtitle basically say it all. This will be our first leather interior and I am looking for advice on how to keep it clean and stain free from the kids(teenagers) and the occasional coffee dribble.

Hi twolostminds. :D Just to add to the good information already given above, all of the following companies make very good leather care products: Meguiar's, Mother's, Lexol and Tanners Preserve. You can't go wrong with any of them. They are available at the following websites, and at most Auto or Major Stores (Walmart, K-Mart etc.). You can usually find them for less at the stores:

LINK: Meguiar's

LINK: Mother's

LINK: Lexol

LINK:Tanner's Preserve

Of course there are other good brands, but at least you have a place to start here.

Also, keep in mind that with leather, you not only need to clean it, but also need to treat it once in a while with a conditioner. Think of it in the same way as using a hand cream to keep your hands from drying and cracking. Just pick cleaner and conditioner products from any of the above brands, follow the directions and you will do just fine.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I use Motorcraft

Deluxe Leather Care Kit

Quick and easy way to clean coated leather and vinyl seating surfaces

For best results, use on high wear areas every 4-6 weeks

Specially designed sponge will not damage today's leather surfaces

Each kit contains one, 8 fluid oz bottle of Deluxe Leather and Vinyl Cleaner and one 3” x 6” Leather Cleaning Sponge