F150 now 50% off msrp

snooter

"Retail Customer Cash" is not a down payment. It's a fancy marketing term for "Rebate". :shades:

Must be dependent upon what the dealer defines as Retail Customer Cash. Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but many dealers around here advertise a price then quote in the fine print, price after Customer Cash of XYZ dollars. This is by both TV and paper on new and used cars. Maybe it's the difference between having the word "Retail" in there or not.

First time buyer rebate not compatible with College Grad rebate, but the ad lists both as bringing down the price.

Both owner loyalty ($3K) and competitive owner Cash ($1K) listed as bringing down the price. Must own a non Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle to qualify for $1K then must own a ‘98 or newer Ford F150/F250 To qualify for up to 3000.00 Rebate on select F150/F250 models. Doesn't say you can or can't quality for both, but don't think you can.

Hmm, so they list four discounts but realistically you can only qualify for two at a time. Tricky.

Edited by V8-X

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be dependent upon what the dealer defines as Retail Customer Cash. Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but many dealers around here advertise a price then quote in the fine print, price after Customer Cash of XYZ dollars. This is by both TV and paper on new and used cars.

First time buyer rebate not compatible with College Grad rebate, but the ad lists both as bringing down the price.

Both owner loyalty ($3K) and competitive owner Cash ($1K) listed as bringing down the price. Must own a non Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle to qualify for $1K then must own a ‘98 or newer Ford F150/F250 To qualify for up to 3000.00 Rebate on select F150/F250 models. Doesn't say you can or can't quality for both, but don't think you can.

Hmm, so they list four discounts but realistically you can only qualify for two at a time. Tricky.

mooohoooohahahaha.....

Must be dependent upon what the dealer defines as Retail Customer Cash. Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but many dealers around here advertise a price then quote in the fine print, price after Customer Cash of XYZ dollars. This is by both TV and paper on new and used cars. Maybe it's the difference between having the word "Retail" in there or not.

"Retail Customer Cash" and "Customer Cash" are two different things. The Ford web site uses the former in place of "Rebate".

"Retail Customer Cash" and "Customer Cash" are two different things. The Ford web site uses the former in place of "Rebate".

pretty much the same thing guys..........but beleive me, as convoluted as it is we HATE it as much as the confused customer....deatiling EVERY applicable program and checking compatability with other advertised goodies is time consuming to say the least...AND annoying....AND its a deal by deal scenario...programs can change overnight, a quote one day can be meaningless the next........ARRRRG!

pretty much the same thing guys..........but beleive me, as convoluted as it is we HATE it as much as the confused customer....deatiling EVERY applicable program and checking compatability with other advertised goodies is time consuming to say the least...AND annoying....AND its a deal by deal scenario...programs can change overnight, a quote one day can be meaningless the next........ARRRRG!

Ahhh. I would have thought they were two different things but then again, I'm not a salesman.

Ahhh. I would have thought they were two different things but then again, I'm not a salesman.

doesn't matter WHAT Ford titles it, a rebate is a rebate and can be either utilized as a downpayment or put in the customers wallet........now if it is a Ford Credit rebate then one HAS to finance thru ford to utilize it.....

Edited by Deanh

doesn't matter WHAT Ford titles it, a rebate is a rebate and can be either utilized as a downpayment or put in the customers wallet........now if it is a Ford Credit rebate then one HAS to finance thru ford to utilize it.....

Do you work at a Ford store Dean? And if so, which one. I myself am trapped on Ford Island in the sales dept.

From the store that was early posted in AZ business journal

50% off F150 in Tucson AZ

I also know of stores in Phoenix that were taking deals 3K back of triple net. Once you calculate the floorplan and the credit mess, some dealers will get desperate. I have no need for a truck or else I'd be an owner over the Labor Day weekend.

I also know of stores in Phoenix that were taking deals 3K back of triple net. Once you calculate the floorplan and the credit mess, some dealers will get desperate. I have no need for a truck or else I'd be an owner over the Labor Day weekend.

:hysterical:

Oh...snap.

Where I went to school, that is EXACTLY 50% off.

Damn.

Guess what?

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/j...lerPACode=20402

That thing NEVER HAD A $36K MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the official Ford window sticker for that VIN. And look at the MSRP:

$30,695

Someone call the Arizona AG's office. Jim Click's got some 'splainin' to do.

Guess what?

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/j...lerPACode=20402

That thing NEVER HAD A $36K MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the official Ford window sticker for that VIN. And look at the MSRP:

$30,695

Someone call the Arizona AG's office. Jim Click's got some 'splainin' to do.

Could have had 5 grand in dealer add-ons?? :shrug:

Could have had 5 grand in dealer add-ons?? :shrug:

Then the dealer deserves to get soaked. Slap $6k in addendum items on a cloth interior extended cab XLT F150 and try and charge $36k for it, and you deserve to lose money on every single one of them add-ons.

Bottom line, though, FACTORY MSRP was nowhere near $36k.

Then the dealer deserves to get soaked. Slap $6k in addendum items on a cloth interior extended cab XLT F150 and try and charge $36k for it, and you deserve to lose money on every single one of them add-ons.

Funny thing about that description....that's basically my brother's '01 F-150 to a T...and guess what MSRP was on his? Around $35,000. :hysterical:

Funny thing about that description....that's basically my brother's '01 F-150 to a T...and guess what MSRP was on his? Around $35,000. :hysterical:

That MSRP is questionable. The MSRP on my truck (see sig) with about 3K in dealer add-ons was less than a $1K more than that Scab 4X2. Heck, my truck has many more options, so the $30K original MSRP sounds about right.

Per the dealers website:

The truck has tire pressure monitoring system, is this an option on the '08 F150 now?

Interesting they list "SAE Net Horsepower @ RPM: 248 @ 4750", but it has the 5.4L. Isn't the 248hp for the 4.6L? Or is the dealer just lacking the update of their site?

RJ's posting of of the original window sticker shows mpgs of 13/18 (5.4L), but dealer claims 14/19 (4.6L). Why the difference? Again is the dealer just lacking the update of their site?

The dealer is showing too many descrepencies. Some items posting 4.6L #'s, some 5.4L #'s.

Either way, sure I bet you could get this truck for 50% off the $36.6K price, if you qualified for all rebates and discounts, which is a rarity.

That MSRP is questionable. The MSRP on my truck (see sig) with about 3K in dealer add-ons was less than a $1K more than that Scab 4X2. Heck, my truck has many more options, so the $30K original MSRP sounds about right.

I dunno. I didn't look real close at the sticker, but it's not like my bro's F-150 was anything fancy. XLT 4x4, Supercab, cloth interior, offroad package. That was really about it. The MSRP was well north of $30K in 2001. Of course, he didn't PAY that....

I dunno. I didn't look real close at the sticker, but it's not like my bro's F-150 was anything fancy. XLT 4x4, Supercab, cloth interior, offroad package. That was really about it. The MSRP was well north of $30K in 2001. Of course, he didn't PAY that....

Off-road + 4x4 could add $4k to a $30k list. The '50% off' F150 was a 4x2 with no off-road package.

YUP...20 YEARS....sadly when i post a lot here its a reflection of "lack of business"....little slow as of late....scary slow.....

Yeah. Lots of time to be online. Rather be delivering more cars... We've already had a couple of stores close up here, and honestly, I don't know how much longer our owner's gonna keep our doors open. I have a few more Ford stores that I could go to that would have me, but they aren't doing much better. Plus, I've been here for seven years, and would hate to lose my customer base. I keep waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel, and it seems like our product is strong enough, and right around the corner. Always seems like it's right around the corner, though... I honestly think if (when) Ford gets back in the black, and stops getting the bad press about their financial woes, it will get alot better. I think people are more spooked about their financial status than the cars they build. I just hope I can stick here long enough to find out. Sad times...

Ah. Didn't see it was a 4x2. But still...that was 7 years ago.

I don't think truck prices have moved much.

IIRC, the new F150 came to market same price as the old F150, more or less. Plus he probably paid for some sort of 'convenience package' to get a CD player, as the tape decks were standard, IIRC, back in '01.

I don't think truck prices have moved much.

IIRC, the new F150 came to market same price as the old F150, more or less. Plus he probably paid for some sort of 'convenience package' to get a CD player, as the tape decks were standard, IIRC, back in '01.

I think his actually came with a tape deck and no CD. He's one of those to swap out head units as soon as he gets a new vehicle in his driveway anyway...

:hysterical:

Oh...snap.

Where I went to school, that is EXACTLY 50% off.

Damn.

Our resident dunce Deanh will be along shortly to ask for more proof and tell us why this is not 50% off..........

The fact that his dealership is not participating in this event leads him to make comments like this:

YUP...20 YEARS....sadly when i post a lot here its a reflection of "lack of business"....little slow as of late....scary slow.....

Of course business is slow dunce!! Start competing with the Nissan and other Ford dealers and maybe you can start making enough to pay your rent!!

Edited by Ford??-LOL!