obama calls Palen a pig

truckster

I've been reading these posts for a long time, and this post is one of the best I've seen here. Regardless of your political affiliation, you still should be an American first. All of this backbiting and these vulgar slurs at each other does nothing but make you look like morons and makes Americans look bad to others who may be reading these posts....yes, this IS the internet and you can be sure that BON isn't read only by Americans and Canadians.

Good point Troy B.

Here is an article that reflects the mindset I believe shared by the republicans, who are getting closer and closer to their Hobbes roots. The people, being basically no good, are no more than commodities to be used for the good of the country/company. They need to be lead by and controlled by the elite, or they will tear everything to pieces. The message is coming closer and closer to the surface in so much as people are beginning to accept being reffered to as capital.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1221...MjAxMDIyWj.html

Some quotes "The single biggest controllable cost in retail is people,"

Because few retail workers belong to unions, he says, it is easier for employers to "move people around."

Vendors call their industry human-capital management

Giving the system a nickname, Atlas, he said, "was important because it gave a personality to the system, so [employees] hate the system and not us."

Either party can get out of control, wether it be the Lockian rooted Dems or the Reps. Currently the republicans seem to me to be running amok. They see our population as worker and army bees, and the rest of the world as needing their god, ideas, and lifestyles in order to function.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Troy B.

Here is an article that reflects the mindset I believe shared by the republicans, who are getting closer and closer to their Hobbes roots. The people, being basically no good, are no more than commodities to be used for the good of the country/company. They need to be lead by and controlled by the elite, or they will tear everything to pieces. The message is coming closer and closer to the surface in so much as people are beginning to accept being reffered to as capital.

Because few retail workers belong to unions, he says, it is easier for employers to "move people around."

Giving the system a nickname, Atlas, he said, "was important because it gave a personality to the system, so [employees] hate the system and not us."

Either party can get out of control, wether it be the Lockian rooted Dems or the Reps. Currently the republicans seem to me to be running amok. They see our population as worker and army bees, and the rest of the world as needing their god, ideas, and lifestyles in order to function.

I know/knew a fella that was a top ranking 'associate' of a MLM business and I can tell you that when he met another human being, he didn't see that person as a 'person' but as a prospect. He could care less about the persons' personal life, all he wanted was for that person was to be a part of his business scheme so he could make money. His down-line was/is ALL that concerned(s) him. And it was all part of the 'system' he was following and very loyal to.

Dem's and Republicans are no different, they are sticking to the 'system' that they follow. McCain and Obama are just their spokespersons. John Kerry said it himself of the Republicans a couple of weeks ago on ABC with George Stephanopoulos; {"that McCain is surrounded by people like the Bush's, the Limbaugh's, the Gingrich's and so on, and he will only say and do as they LET him for the party's sake." pointy paraphrase - but essentially what he said}

Don't think for a minute that it isn't the same for Obama - he has a party that he HAS to be loyal to. He is 'their' spokesperson. No different than McCain. I've said it once and I'll say it again - ALL Politicians Suck! But I guess, they are a necessary evil and all we can do is to hope and pray that the best one wins and does the best for OUR country - red & blue, red & yellow black and white, believer & non-believer, carnivore & vegetarian. " Regardless of your political affiliation, you still should be an American first." - Troy B.

Edited by pointy

Good point Troy B.

You have just become my favorite poster.

It's not about any particular party, but about which party is getting too far from center. Right now, the country is too far right. We need a democrat to bring us back towards center. In 4 to 8 years, we'll need a Republican to pull us back from the left. I cannot understand how either side cannot understand, or agree with that. We will never be able to maintain true center, but we need to work to keep it as close as possible. Too far right=dictatorship, too far left=lawlessness. At least in my humble opinion.

It's not about any particular party, but about which party is getting too far from center. Right now, the country is too far right. We need a democrat to bring us back towards center. In 4 to 8 years, we'll need a Republican to pull us back from the left. I cannot understand how either side cannot understand, or agree with that. We will never be able to maintain true center, but we need to work to keep it as close as possible. Too far right=dictatorship, too far left=lawlessness. At least in my humble opinion.

And you've just become my favorite. That's what I call - hitting the nail on the head! (I hope that doesn't offend you)

I will say just two words.

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

hOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE A TIME WHEN SUCH THING IS NOT NEEDED, BUT i DO NOT THINK WE ARE THERE YET. BAH CAPS...sorry

There better.....If you talk to young people today, high school to recent college grads, I think we are getting there. The ideas of two generations ago in terms of race seem laughable to many of them. The problem does go a bit beyond race though.

Think of how most people get jobs (Good jobs). It is by knowing "the person who". Many job search boooks and sights talk about getting your resume into this person's hands or getting that face to face with this person who has the real say in who gets the job or direct acces and the trust of that person.

If for generations you had noone in your circle of family or friends or even a degree of separation beyond that..NOONE..who knew directly or perhaps WAS the person who, then you had no chance to move up in the world. This predicament lead to a domino/spiral effect that is way to deep to go into here, but lead to what I feel was a need for such a program to be created.

I agree to a certain extent, where I disagree is on whether we need another wild swing to the left or whether we are better served by a more moderate candidate.

McCain is a relatively moderate republican, Obama is a far left democrat. One of the things that lead to these wild swings is electing one party to both congress and the White House. The country is split right down the middle and in my opinion we are better served if Washington is as well.

Too far right= fascist dictatorship, too far left=communist dictatorship.

One of the things that occurs in all elections is the candidates appeal to the base and then change their positions to appeal to a broader audience for the general election. To see what a person really is you need to look back to before the campaign, if you do this with this election you'll see that Barak Obama is very far left and John McCain is pretty much center of the political spectrum.

II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face,

and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Mark 16: 15 - 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 And he said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation.

16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

18 they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."

19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it. Amen.

You quote me the Bible?

You don't find it a little scary that she believes the war in Iraq is God's plan, well I can tell you Bush is not God, and I believe this war was his plan, and you don't find it a little scary that her church and there following think they can separate their self's from the union and become a country of their own, then eventually try to take over the world, because in Alaska this is God's plan, you guy's talk allot about drinking the Kool-Aid and this is like some Jim Jones stuff.

Maybe this will make you think about who the right canidate should be for the middle class.

Vote with your wallet.

Are you, your nieghbor, frends, family better off now than you were 2, 4, 6 years ago? The answer is NO

How is your home value? worth half of your mortgage loan?

This country is in terrible shape.

These Republican policies dont work.

Time for change.

Edited by Skilled1

You quote me the Bible?

You don't find it a little scary that she believes the war in Iraq is God's plan, well I can tell you Bush is not God, and I believe this war was his plan, and you don't find it a little scary that her church and there following think they can separate their self's from the union and become a country of their own, then eventually try to take over the world, because in Alaska this is God's plan, you guy's talk allot about drinking the Kool-Aid and this is like some Jim Jones stuff.

True, no such thing as a holy war. only holy peace. Wicked men have used the bible as a wicked tool to control people and get their ways. Need I say more.

You quote me the Bible?

Whats up 4rd4life? I hope you are doing good. I kind of took what Sarah Palin said like this. What we have to make sure that we're praying for is that there is a plan. And then she goes on to say that that plan is god's plan. Now I might be mistaking but when we are praying we are hoping. And we are hoping this is God's will. So we are hoping we are doing the right thing. What do you think?

You quote me the Bible?

You obviously get your news from the left wing hate blogs, if you read the entire quote that's not what she said.

I've long said that the surest way to get labled a nut these days is to quote the founding fathers or in this case great presidents.

Whats up 4rd4life? I hope you are doing good. I kind of took what Sarah Palin said like this. What we have to make sure that we're praying for is that there is a plan. And then she goes on to say that that plan is god's plan. Now I might be mistaking but when we are praying we are hoping. And we are hoping this is God's will. So we are hoping we are doing the right thing. What do you think?

What's up 99ktpbirdman, I don't deny that a bit about praying, but she has far more religious issues than that, and in a power position you know how that can turn out, we wouldn't want Jerry Falwell, R.I.P as veep.

She even has issues with her friends voting for her thats a little worrisome in it's own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPmjQ_daNSQ...feature=related

You obviously get your news from the left wing hate blogs, if you read the entire quote that's not what she said.

I've long said that the surest way to get labled a nut these days is to quote the founding fathers or in this case great presidents.

Why must you be so biased all the time and to quote a founding father does not make you a nut job.

James Madison 1809-1817

"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted."

"The problem to be solved is, not what form of government is perfect, but which of the forms is least imperfect."

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."

and here is that quote by Lincoln'

I know that God is always on the side of right; my concern is not whether God is on our side but whether or not we are on God's side.

But heres one for you also by Lincoln,

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Edited by 4rd4life

I think you have it right, the folks bashing her like to snip the first part of the quote so it appears she's saying something different.

"I pray that I am doing Gods will"... Barak Obama

Now Black Liberation Theology as practiced at Obama's church is the religion taught by James Cone and should cause serious concerns among all Americans.

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him...Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy"

[A Black Theology of Liberation, By James Cone, 1990, ISBN-10:0883446855, Page 27]

Edited by mulewright

I think you have it right, the folks bashing her like to snip the first part of the quote so it appears she's saying something different.

"I pray that I am doing Gods will"... Barak Obama

Now Black Liberation Theology as practiced at Obama's church is the religion taught by James Cone and should cause serious concerns among all Americans.

mulewright I agree 100%

The Libs just made themselves hypocrits (as if they aren't already) Sure, Sara did not know anything about the Bush doctrine, right?

Then how the heck can she be part or BUSH'S THIRD TERM?????????????????????????

IDIOTS! The more the liberal press tries to disgrace her, the higher she gets on the polls.

But a lot can happen between now and November 4!

People.........the republicans have had 8 yrs.to get their policies to work and the results have been horrible. The notion that the democrats have had their chance these last 4yrs.simply isn't true because they haven't had enough of a majority in congress to overide Bush's vetos.......and he has vetoed every democratic bill brought to him in these last 4yrs(hard to believe every one was bad). Now if the democrats have a larger majority in congress along with a democratic president just as g.bush had his 1st 4yrs. in office it will be upon them to bring our country back WITH NO EXCUSES. Since these last 8yrs.have been such a disaster it's worth a try. Change has to be real not just preached and the republicans have had a 8yr.run to make our country better and have failed in every way. As an independent I look at both political parties and vote that which I think is the best for our countries well-being....and this time around it isn't the republicans.

Edited by macattack

People.........the republicans have had 8 yrs.to get their policies to work and the results have been horrible. The notion that the democrats have had their chance these last 4yrs.simply isn't true because they haven't had enough of a majority in congress to overide Bush's vetos.......and he has vetoed every democratic bill brought to him in these last 4yrs(hard to believe every one was bad). Now if the democrats have a larger majority in congress along with a democratic president just as g.bush had his 1st 4yrs. in office it will be upon them to bring our country back WITH NO EXCUSES. Since these last 8yrs.have been such a disaster it's worth a try. Change has to be real not just preached and the republicans have had a 8yr.run to make our country better and have failed in every way. As an independent I look at both political parties and vote that which I think is the best for our countries well-being....and this time around it isn't the republicans.

Don't worry about it mac these republican(neo-cons) lovers just don't get it ,but they will be the biggest cry babies when ford goes under and they lose there jobs/pensions. Then they can plea to there republicans politicans for help and wonder why they won't help them.BUT THEY WILL GET ALL THE RETRAINING THE CAN GET SO THEY CAN LEARN HOW TO RING THE CASH REGISTER AT WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it mac these republican(neo-cons) lovers just don't get it ,but they will be the biggest cry babies when ford goes under and they lose there jobs/pensions. Then they can plea to there republicans politicans for help and wonder why they won't help them.BUT THEY WILL GET ALL THE RETRAINING THE CAN GET SO THEY CAN LEARN HOW TO RING THE CASH REGISTER AT WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF Ford goes under it will be Fords fault.

Period.

Actually the time I have worked at Ford my living conditions for myself and family have improved each year. I do not link this to anyone in government or politics past present or future. If people did not shop at walmart it would cease to exist. The same for Ford or any company that produces a product.

I like my job and I always hope Ford makes the correct decisions for products and marketing. Looking to anyone in government to help in these areas which means more to the companies survival is just stupid.

IF Ford goes under it will be Fords fault.

Period.

Actually the time I have worked at Ford my living conditions for myself and family have improved each year. I do not link this to anyone in government or politics past present or future. If people did not shop at walmart it would cease to exist. The same for Ford or any company that produces a product.

I like my job and I always hope Ford makes the correct decisions for products and marketing. Looking to anyone in government to help in these areas which means more to the companies survival is just stupid.

Thats complete bullshit when bush appoints all the people on the sec and the cfct. The sec lets hedge funds naked short stocks in the ground which in turn makes moodys lower fords credit rating into junk because they know theirs no way the can sell stock to raise money now that the stock is so low.Plus they appoint the regulators on the future exchange and they let hedge funds run the price of oil up, and you wonder why ford hasn't been builing f-150's for almost 3 months ,thats alot of profits ford could of made. This is the job of the president appoint the right people to help you run this country not about of crooks.

So save me bullshit that this is all ford own doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are so concerned about sexist comment's and action's why wasn't you on bitching about the button's and banner's the Republican's were wearing and waving that said?

" Sarah Palin The hottest Veep From The Coldest State "

I think that was very distasteful and demeaning for all women, after all aren't WE especially the Conservatives supposed to respect WOMEN and not look at them that way. shame shame shame :stirpot::ohsnap:

If you are attractive, you like to be referred to as "hot". If you are not, then you do not like it when other women are referred to as hot. I don't understand it, but that is how women are. Men don't care what you call them, just as long as you don't call them too late for supper.

The notion that the democrats have had their chance these last 4yrs.simply isn't true because they haven't had enough of a majority in congress to overide Bush's vetos.......and he has vetoed every democratic bill brought to him in these last 4yrs(hard to believe every one was bad).

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant. The truth is that Bush should have vetoed a ton of spending and did not. He just let those idiots in Congress spend money like it was coming out of some body else's pocket...

As of May 2008, President Bush has vetoed only 10 bills since taking office in January 2001; only one occurred before Democrats took control of Congress in January 2007. This is the fewest of any modern President; in March 2006 Bush set a 200 year veto record. Source: US Senate.

1. Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act of 2005

H.R. 810.

To amend the Public Health Service Act to provide for human embryonic stem cell research.

Veto Date: 19 July 2006

This was President Bush's first veto since taking office in January 2001. Presidential Message - pdf

The House sustained the veto on Jul 19 by vote No. 388 (235-193).

From About: Bush Position on HR 810 - Stem Cell Research and Bush Threatens Veto.

2. US Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability

HR 1591

Making emergency supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2007, and for other purposes.

Veto Date: 1 May 2007

President Bush vetoed the bill primarily because of the provisions on Iraq. Presidential Message

The House sustained the veto on May 2 by vote No. 276 (222-203).

From About: Why Bush Should Veto the Iraq War Budget

3. Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act of 2007

S 5

Veto Date: 20 June 2007 - Unchallenged by Congress

President Bush vetoed a second stem cell research bill. Presidential Message

From About: Bush Vetos Stem Cell Bill. Again.

4. Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007

HR 976

Would have extended and expanded SCHIP.

Veto Date: 3 October 2007

Presidential Message

The House sustained the veto on Oct 18 on vote No. 982 (273-156).

From About: Does This Truly Represent the State of Politics in America? and Battle Over Insuring Children. See who voted against HR 976.

5. Water Resources Development Act of 2007

HR 1495

To provide for the conservation and development of water and related resources, to authorize the Secretary of the Army to construct various projects for improvements to rivers and harbors of the United States, and for other purposes.

Veto Date: 2 November 2007; Veto Over-Ridden

The House voted to override the veto on 6 November on vote 1040 (361-54).

The Senate voted to override the veto on 8 November on vote No. 406 (79-14).

Presidential Message.

From About: Congress Poised For First Veto Override

6. Appropriations: Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, 2008

HR 3043

Making appropriations for the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2008, and for other purposes.

Veto date: 13 November 2007

Presidential Message (PDF)

The House sustained the veto on Nov 15 on vote No. 1122 (277-141).

7. Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007

HR 3963

To amend title XXI of the Social Security Act to extend and improve the Children's Health Insurance Program, and for other purposes.

Veto date: 12 December 2007

Presidential Message (PDF)

The House sustained the veto on Jan 23, 2008 by vote No. 22 (260-152).

8. National Defense Authorization Act for FY2008

HR 1585

To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2008 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes.

Veto Date: 28 December 2007

Jan 15, 2008 — Referred to House Armed Services Committee

Memorandum (PDF)

9. Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008

HR 2082

To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2008 for intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the United States Government, the Community Management Account, and the Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability System, and for other purposes.

Veto Date: 8 March 2008

Presidential Message (pdf)

The House sustained the veto on 11 March 2008 by vote No. 117 (225-188).

10. Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008

HR 2419

To provide for the continuation of agricultural programs through fiscal year 2012, and for other purposes.

Veto Date: 21 May 2008; Veto Over-Ridden

Presidential Message

The House over-rode the veto on 12 May on vote No. 346 (316-108). The Senate over-rode the veto on 22 May on vote No. 140 (82-13).

11. Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008

HR 6124

To provide for the continuation of agricultural and other programs of the Department of Agriculture through fiscal year 2012, and for other purposes.

Veto Date: 18 June 2008; Veto Over-Ridden

Presidential Message (pdf)

The House over-rode the veto on 18 June on vote No. 417 (317-109). The Senate over-rode the veto on 18 June on vote No. 151 (80-14)..

12. Medicare Improvement for Patients and Providers Act of 2008

HR 6331

To amend titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act to extend expiring provisions under the Medicare Program, to improve beneficiary access to preventive and mental health services, to enhance low-income benefit programs, and to maintain access to care in rural areas, including pharmacy access, and for other purposes.

Veto Date: 15 July 2008; Veto Over-Ridden

Presidential Message

The House over-rode the veto on 15 July on vote No. 491 (383-41). The Senate over-rode the veto on 15 July on vote No. 177 (70-26).