letter to return to work

fordtpworker1993

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked in Trim but haven't gotten my letter yet either,oh wait I'm sorry it's not 2011 yet,I won't get a letter!!!!

this would really be funny if ford was doing better, but my stock is showing 32 percent loss so far this year. I am still buying because I know deep down you guys can pull it out. dont let me down. I am betting on the hourly worker not mgt. so come on dpt lets get it donw

I know a few people from chassis that got a letter today to return on the 22nd and to report to the green mile. Just wondering if people from trim are to report there too. I haven't got my letter yet, I usually get my stuff in the mail a day or two later than most.

:reading: Got my letter today, though I'm associated with Chassis not Trim. . . Got news today that we will build ONE truck on the 22nd. Tuesday we will build 13 trucks. . . Won't be up to 400 units a day until October. . . The Engine line has been extended to handle the new diesel engine. . . The launch team is pushing one truck through the system this week. . . :redcard: The plant is being cleaned up real nice. . . Team Rooms are dusted, chairs put up on tables, floors mopped. Railings along the walk-ways being wiped down, but why are the outside contractors on the shop floor cleaning? . . . Our cleaners should be cleaning the shop floor. . . Our cleaners may be gone in January, but the outside contractors are on the floor cleaning. . . Many of them don't speak English. . . A lot of changes are already beginning.

Edited by DTPmustangdriver

:reading: Got my letter today, though I'm associated with Chassis not Trim. . . Got news today that we will build ONE truck on the 22nd. Tuesday we will build 13 trucks. . . Won't be up to 400 units a day until October. . . The Engine line has been extended to handle the new diesel engine. . . The launch team is pushing one truck through the system this week. . . :redcard: The plant is being cleaned up real nice. . . Team Rooms are dusted, chairs put up on tables, floors mopped. Railings along the walk-ways being wiped down, but why are the outside contractors on the shop floor cleaning? . . . Our cleaners should be cleaning the shop floor. . . Our cleaners may be gone in January, but the outside contractors are on the floor cleaning. . . Many of them don't speak English. . . A lot of changes are already beginning.

Wow, this is the BEST post ever. I agree with you 200 percent. I guess people haven't yet realized that what happenes to one happenes to all of us. good post. but less not drop it. there should be only uaw workers in there. period. I do not know if this is true but we all should be interested in the outcome. please let us know.

Wow, this is the BEST post ever. I agree with you 200 percent. I guess people haven't yet realized that what happenes to one happenes to all of us. good post. but less not drop it. there should be only uaw workers in there. period. I do not know if this is true but we all should be interested in the outcome. please let us know.

:shades: ON IT!

As of last Wednesday at the General Council Meeting the end of November early December 99 held DTP( well final and paint anyway).

Some that where on ILO from the body shop have been surveyed and recalled to the body shop, no word on the actually cut off date in body.

Got my letter yesterday to come back to body shop says my status has been changed from ILO to TLO ( don't tell management at DEFTP that Ive been considered ILO still) they may want my last 3 weeks of pay back. :hysterical:

Edited by lquidspine

Anyone from Body other than classified positions get called back yet? We are all working at the Engine plant now and there is no one in any hurry to get back, I guess that happens when overtime is offered for the first time in years. I guess there is 2 more groups from DTP coming over to engine and fuel tank on the 15th and 22nd.

Anyone from Body other than classified positions get called back yet? We are all working at the Engine plant now and there is no one in any hurry to get back, I guess that happens when overtime is offered for the first time in years. I guess there is 2 more groups from DTP coming over to engine and fuel tank on the 15th and 22nd.

Just curious....why would you get called back to body if your working in engine??? I am assuming you were laid off from body and moved over to engine....

Just curious....why would you get called back to body if your working in engine??? I am assuming you were laid off from body and moved over to engine....

So far they have only called back metal finishers, fitters and dingers. Simply put they cut to many odds are more will be asked to come back but those placed in engine I highly doubt will come back.

You assume right the people cut from body have started to be placed in engine and a few this week over at DDMP (frame) the people that have been placed in engine started getting their assignments over there a week after shutdown.

I only know 3 personally that said they would go back to body from engine, now the people in frame are already wanting to get the hell outa there and they just started this week.

no job is secure these days!!!!!!

Thats for sure General as we came into our orientation we where told that within 18 months fuel tank would be done since Ford is going with plastic fuel tanks, the only reason they brought people in is for

1) Machining is going to some form of 3 shift set up since they can not keep up with engine assembly production for the I-4 line engines.

2) Cut OT throughout the plant since the Rouge Site had people on ILO , by adding a shift to fuel tank lines in an effort to cut ANY overtime ( the glasshouse wants no OT right now).

So basically in about 18 months DEFTP will be cutting 150 or more unless they get another product, so hardly secure just as no plant is secure anytime soon.

Thats for sure General as we came into our orientation we where told that within 18 months fuel tank would be done since Ford is going with plastic fuel tanks, the only reason they brought people in is for

1) Machining is going to some form of 3 shift set up since they can not keep up with engine assembly production for the I-4 line engines.

2) Cut OT throughout the plant since the Rouge Site had people on ILO , by adding a shift to fuel tank lines in an effort to cut ANY overtime ( the glasshouse wants no OT right now).

So basically in about 18 months DEFTP will be cutting 150 or more unless they get another product, so hardly secure just as no plant is secure anytime soon.

Don't forget that when the panthers die, so to will the frame side of DDMP.

Because that is my home plant. We were moved from Body to Engine, we didn't sign up like the others did from WAP, WSP, etc. Don't get me wrong, as liquidspine said, not many will want to go back, but I am not going to give up my rights to my home plant (DTP) when DEFTP will be cutting jobs in the near future when the fuel tank side goes away.

Because that is my home plant. We were moved from Body to Engine, we didn't sign up like the others did from WAP, WSP, etc. Don't get me wrong, as liquidspine said, not many will want to go back, but I am not going to give up my rights to my home plant (DTP) when DEFTP will be cutting jobs in the near future when the fuel tank side goes away.

The rouge is your home plant....don 't get to pick which one your working in at any time or even hour........they can put your any where in the complex ...no call back rights......

The rouge is your home plant....don 't get to pick which one your working in at any time or even hour........they can put your any where in the complex ...no call back rights......

They can yes but typically they recall people first that have been cut from different plants, ex. people i know that where in engine that got transfered to frame over 2 years ago got called back to engine when they increased the I-4 line and the same will go for body shop people they will get asked to come back if they choose before they make an open rec.

Thats why metal finishers, fitters and dingers where asked to come back and more will be if they don't have enough to run when they start up on the 22nd , and if they still cant get enough expect people put on ILO from Final to get placed in body shop if the need arises.

They can yes but typically they recall people first that have been cut from different plants, ex. people i know that where in engine that got transfered to frame over 2 years ago got called back to engine when they increased the I-4 line and the same will go for body shop people they will get asked to come back if they choose before they make an open rec.

Thats why metal finishers, fitters and dingers where asked to come back and more will be if they don't have enough to run when they start up on the 22nd , and if they still cant get enough expect people put on ILO from Final to get placed in body shop if the need arises.

Wow....first I have heard of this.....booted from stamping and forced to truck plant .......last four years at truck plant with many openings at stamping filled with us being refused to go back.....will be interesting how this plays out..........