Incentive Update

GopherM

:happy feet: I picked up my new FEL 4I from the dealership yesterday and was informed that the incentives had increased between Friday evening and Saturday morning. The rebate is now up to $1500 for this vehicle. The dealership had already pushed that increase to my deal before I got to the dealership. Nothing like picking up an extra $500 overnight.

:happy feet: I picked up my new FEL 4I from the dealership yesterday and was informed that the incentives had increased between Friday evening and Saturday morning. The rebate is now up to $1500 for this vehicle. The dealership had already pushed that increase to my deal before I got to the dealership. Nothing like picking up an extra $500 overnight.

I suppose that's for the gas versions, eh? How often do we get surprised by money in OUR favor?

Do you know if this applies to the Mercury Mariner as well? I checked their site and don't see anything, but I also don't see the $1000 incentive that was being offered. If it does exist for the Mercury, do you know where I can find out online? I have a Mariner on order right now, and the dealer said that they will honor the best incentive that is available between the time I ordered and when the vehicle is delivered. I'd like to print a copy of this for my records, if possible.

Do you know if this applies to the Mercury Mariner as well? I checked their site and don't see anything, but I also don't see the $1000 incentive that was being offered. If it does exist for the Mercury, do you know where I can find out online? I have a Mariner on order right now, and the dealer said that they will honor the best incentive that is available between the time I ordered and when the vehicle is delivered. I'd like to print a copy of this for my records, if possible.

In order to see the incentives on the Mercury site, you need to choose 'payment calculator' at the end of the 'build and price' process. I just checked there, and it give the choice of 3.9% financing or $1500 good through 9/29/08 for my zip code.

I suppose that's for the gas versions, eh? How often do we get surprised by money in OUR favor?

That is correct. It is for the gas model only at this time. I haven't seen any rebates posted for the hybrid and with the backed up demand for them, it is probably no likely to be offered. Anything is possible though.

Talked to my dealer yesterday and he said that the 09 XLS Manual that we ordered will also qualify for the rebate/finance rate also. fordvehicles.com still only shows the XLT and Limited, I guess we'll see for sure in a couple days when it gets here. I'll post back then.

Picked up the XLS Manual yesterday and indeed the rebate was in effect. Took the $1500 and applied it to the 6yr/100K bumper to bumper warranty.

www.fordvehicles.com now shows all 2009 Escapes with the rebate where before it only listed the XLT & Limited.

Very nice solid vehicle!

Does anyone have any information on what might happen after the 9/30 rebates for the FEL and other FE end?

Do you think it will continue into October or maybe increase?

Thanks

Kathy

Nobody knows. Actually, a few people know but they never talk. You just have to wait and see and take your chances.

It would probably only increase if sales were slow and inventories were backed up and I don't think that's the case. My guess would be they stay close to the same but that's just a guess.

Does anyone have any information on what might happen after the 9/30 rebates for the FEL and other FE end?

Do you think it will continue into October or maybe increase?

Thanks

Kathy

I just got an update on my RSS feed of 2009 Ford Escape incentives through Ford Credit.

The I4 and V6 gas models have new incentive programs #11592 ($1500 cash) and #20152 (reduced APR financing) from October 1 to November 3. The Hybrids are not mentioned in any of the incentive programs.