Accessories for 09 FEH

specelec

Got my WeatherTech cargo liner in last week and it dropped right in. It took it about a day to relax after being rolled up for who knows how long. It is light enough to be flexible and heavy enough to take some abuse and looks like it will fit my needs just fine.

BTW, the packing slip indicated that it would fit most Escapes from 2001 and on. It is probably still best to go to the WeatherTech site (or for what ever product you choose) and select the proper year or get advice from their customer service department before you plop your money down.

• 2 weeks later...
Got my WeatherTech cargo liner in last week and it dropped right in. It took it about a day to relax after being rolled up for who knows how long. It is light enough to be flexible and heavy enough to take some abuse and looks like it will fit my needs just fine.

BTW, the packing slip indicated that it would fit most Escapes from 2001 and on. It is probably still best to go to the WeatherTech site (or for what ever product you choose) and select the proper year or get advice from their customer service department before you plop your money down.

Hey Gopher,

Now that you've had some time to drop, spill, splash and drip things on your cargo liner. How do you like it?

We were looking at one (#4097) for our 09 FEH but it doesn't show as being available for the hybrid. :(

We were also looking at the DigitalFit floor liners (#44119-1-2). I like them because the rear seat liner is a one piece and would protect the carpet from spills while reaching for the rear cup holders.

441191_441192.jpg

Anyone have a set of these?

Me too... I am picking mine up tomorrow ( I'll spare you the BORING details about how it got here, how long it took, etc.)

I am looking at the same set of floor liners, and wonder how they fit, which color to pick, and if anyone has any vent visors yet, which ones they went with.

Also, thanks for the link on the Valley hitch, I will be ordering one very soon!

WOOHOO man am I excited!

Hey Gopher,

Now that you've had some time to drop, spill, splash and drip things on your cargo liner. How do you like it?

We were looking at one (#4097) for our 09 FEH but it doesn't show as being available for the hybrid. :(

We were also looking at the DigitalFit floor liners (#44119-1-2). I like them because the rear seat liner is a one piece and would protect the carpet from spills while reaching for the rear cup holders.

441191_441192.jpg

Anyone have a set of these?

The cargo liner is really nice. We've had groceries and a few other things back there and fortunately nothing has spilled or splattered yet. It is pretty grippy though. I carry my boomerangs back there and even though they are pretty light weight, the tend to stay put and not slide all over the place. The liner took about a day to relax from being rolled up and lays down perfectly and fits great.

The cargo liner is really nice. We've had groceries and a few other things back there and fortunately nothing has spilled or splattered yet. It is pretty grippy though. I carry my boomerangs back there and even though they are pretty light weight, the tend to stay put and not slide all over the place. The liner took about a day to relax from being rolled up and lays down perfectly and fits great.

Forgot to ask....What part number did you order, what year is your escape and is it a hybrid? Further proof that I'm not drinking enough pots of coffee :reading:

Forgot to ask....What part number did you order, what year is your escape and is it a hybrid? Further proof that I'm not drinking enough pots of coffee :reading:

I can't remember the part number and I already ditched the paperwork. I have an '09 Escape Limited (non-hybrid). The cargo liner is kind of a dark tan (almost brown) and contrasts nicely with the light camel interior. It came rolled up in a shipping box that was about 40 inches end to end and about 6 inches square. It fit almost perfectly right out of the box and after it had about a day to R-E-L-A-X everything was fine.

You have to be careful with the cargo liners for the FE and FEH. They are definitely NOT the same fit as some guy in the Service dept at my Ford dealer told me after people came to him with complaints about it. I'm waiting until at least 1/09 for some site to SPECIFICALLY state they have a liner fitted for the hybrid version. And even then they may just be assuming the non-hybrid liner fits the hybrid.....

You have to be careful with the cargo liners for the FE and FEH. They are definitely NOT the same fit as some guy in the Service dept at my Ford dealer told me after people came to him with complaints about it. I'm waiting until at least 1/09 for some site to SPECIFICALLY state they have a liner fitted for the hybrid version. And even then they may just be assuming the non-hybrid liner fits the hybrid.....

You are correct in that the FE and FEH are not the same in the cargo area. But the 2008 FEH cargo liners, by Husky anyway, fit the 2009 FEH as well. I do not believe the interior dimensions changed from 2008 to 2009 in the FEH or in the FE for that matter.

Another thing that did not change from 2008 to 2009 is the window and door dimensions. I received confirmation from Ford on this.

So as long as you stay with FE or FEH based accessories that deal with vehicle dimensions you should be safe.

Come on...this thing is rated for 1000lbs per the Manufacturer.

And, yes I do have a bike rack and hitch platform that I want to re-use as well as a 450lb snowmobile trailer with the occasional sheet of plywood, etc from Lowes.

If they say it can tow 1000lbs then I should be OK if I tow 1000lbs right??? They wouldn't lie to me would they?

Trust me I don't plan on abusing my rather costly vehicle, but every once in a while I need to move things around (sister-in-law).

Great idea on putting it back on the aftermarket manufacturer for fitting.

Thanks for the input!

I have the bike rack for the class III already but am in the market for a hitch mounted platform/cargo carrier. Anyone have any recommendations?

I have the bike rack for the class III already but am in the market for a hitch mounted platform/cargo carrier. Anyone have any recommendations?

I went with one made by Haulmaster, part number 92655.

It seems to be the one that alot of Honda and Toyota Rav owners go with.

Its Aluminum, about 25 lbs, with a 500 lb rating.

You'll find them for 99 dollars online, I paid 110 for mine from a local truck shop assembled, online you will have to assemble, which is no biggie.

Has 6 inch high sides, all the reflectors are built-in, alot of other carriers the "safety" package is extra.

Seems to fit vehicle well, it is 2x4 foot, where as most cargo carriers are 5 foot wide, this one tucks nicely behind the Escape, a 5 footer will put it out to the edges of our vehicle. Also is the only reasonable priced Aluminum one I could find. The steel one's are about 3x's the weight.

Inside dimensions I believe are 21 by 46 inches, find it online for exact sizes.

Put in Haulmaster 92655 in a Google search and you'll find it easily.

I went with one made by Haulmaster, part number 92655.

It seems to be the one that alot of Honda and Toyota Rav owners go with.

Its Aluminum, about 25 lbs, with a 500 lb rating.

You'll find them for 99 dollars online, I paid 110 for mine from a local truck shop assembled, online you will have to assemble, which is no biggie.

Has 6 inch high sides, all the reflectors are built-in, alot of other carriers the "safety" package is extra.

Seems to fit vehicle well, it is 2x4 foot, where as most cargo carriers are 5 foot wide, this one tucks nicely behind the Escape, a 5 footer will put it out to the edges of our vehicle. Also is the only reasonable priced Aluminum one I could find. The steel one's are about 3x's the weight.

Inside dimensions I believe are 21 by 46 inches, find it online for exact sizes.

Put in Haulmaster 92655 in a Google search and you'll find it easily.

Thanks for the info. Looks nice.

Well what do you think I bought it for? Aerodynamics? Most people who buy them use them for things like snowboards, skis, etc., rather than for their increased aerodynamic efficiency. Unless you expect my passengers to hold their snowboards in their laps for the entire 3 hour trip to Tahoe.

/sarcasm off.

Well what do you think I bought it for? Aerodynamics? Most people who buy them use them for things like snowboards, skis, etc., rather than for their increased aerodynamic efficiency. Unless you expect my passengers to hold their snowboards in their laps for the entire 3 hour trip to Tahoe.

/sarcasm off.

Your starting to smell meatwaggon!

GaryG

I'm sorry.....what???

Thank you, now I feel sorry for my post.

I have a Sears Cargo Carrier I bought used for $50 hanging from the ceiling in my garage in case I need it. Sure it will decrease my mileage and has, but I like having it when I need it. If I had to pack-up and leave because of a hurricane it's there if I need it also.

I am thinking about getting a hitch to prevent people from bumping my car when they park. Do you think the hitch sticks out enough for protection? I am not going to put a ball or anything on there.

I've thought of the same thing. But it's not just how far it sticks out. It's also the height of the hitch receiver. Many vehicles will have bumpers that will clear your hitch comfortably and smack your bumper without even touching the hitch. Installing a ball mount may actually help reduce that possibility.

You also need to think of the reverse situation, like when you're trying to parallel park. Do you really want those extra few inches in the back that could cause you to scrape paint off somebody else's front bumper while trying to park?

I was thinking the same thing with the height of their bumper. I had parked and was looking at the car behind me and wanted to see where there bumper/license plate would hit my car. It would clear the hitch and just hit my bumper. I have to parallel park everyday. But, I have parking sensors and figure when the beeps get faster before the solid tone I have no more room. I wish WAAG made a rear bumper guard and a front runner.