Dealer received my new Escape 09, BUT ambient lighting is broken HELP....

SpykeYs

Hi everyone,

I received a call from my dealership to inform me that my Ford Escape XLT V6 2009 has arrived, but they will only be able to deliver it to me tommorow afternoon. I decided to go and see it anyway. It was dark so I haven't seen much.

However, I need help from any of you guys... I took the Ambient Lighting as an option. It adds small lights in the cup holders, and a couple other places.

In each cup holders, there are 2 of these lights. However, 1 of them is pop'd inside the armrest. The dealer wasn't sure if they will be able to repair it easily.

Any of you are aware if it's easy to repair ? Do they have access to the inside of the armrest... ?

Im a bit worried as these are accesories added and no sure if dealers know how to repair them.

Anyway, any thought would be appreciated.

Other then that, the escape looks darn nice.. Can't wait to see it fully tommorow.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I received a call from my dealership to inform me that my Ford Escape XLT V6 2009 has arrived, but they will only be able to deliver it to me tommorow afternoon. I decided to go and see it anyway. It was dark so I haven't seen much.

However, I need help from any of you guys... I took the Ambient Lighting as an option. It adds small lights in the cup holders, and a couple other places.

In each cup holders, there are 2 of these lights. However, 1 of them is pop'd inside the armrest. The dealer wasn't sure if they will be able to repair it easily.

Any of you are aware if it's easy to repair ? Do they have access to the inside of the armrest... ?

Im a bit worried as these are accesories added and no sure if dealers know how to repair them.

Anyway, any thought would be appreciated.

Other then that, the escape looks darn nice.. Can't wait to see it fully tommorow.

Thanks!

Hi SpykeYs. :D I know you are excited your new car is in and upset that it is "damaged", but relax. One way of the other, they will be able to fix it. They will either order and replace individual broken components, or they will have to order a new console. Either way, it can be fixed/replaced. Actually, most broken/inoperable parts are simply replaced nowadays, not "fixed".

Now, a suggestion or two. First, be sure to have all problems noted on your Purchase Contract (very important).

Next, you must decide whether you want to purchase the car with any problems unresolved and have them repaired later, or tell the Dealer that you want any problems repaired pre-purchase. Sometimes, it helps get the Dealer to repair them quickly if you refuse delivery (politely) until they are fixed. Other times it aggravates the Dealer.

It really depends on whether you trust the Dealership or not. Only you can decide which road you want to take.

But again, fixing ambient lighting is child's play, so do not let it keep you up tonight.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi,

Ford forgot to install 2 lights under drivers and passenger dash. (Part of the ambient lighthing option). They drilled the holes, but no lights. Also, 1 of the 2 light on the cup holder is missing.

Also, the chrome ring around the stick shift is broken.

They have to order all the parts and say it wont be ready until next tuesday or wednesday.

I have no choice to wait, as I do not want to take possesion and everything is not well done, but still, I was so happy that it had finally arrived. Now I have to wait another week.....

Hi,

Am I Out of luck or what ? After 1 week and a half, they managed to repair the ambiant lighting. However, one of their tech did a 1/2'' scratch near the glove box. Actually just a bit higher then the glove box in the middle. It's only a 1/2'' scratch, but is it deep. You can easily see it.

I've asked them to replace that part since THEY did the dommage. They said no, they are not going to replace all the parts cause of scratches. They said they can either order another car which will take another 6 weeks.

OR

Call a company called Fibernew that will repair the scratch. Fibernew since to be all over the states and canada. Anyone know if the result will be perfect ?

I do not know what to do!

Thanks!

Hi,

Am I Out of luck or what ? After 1 week and a half, they managed to repair the ambiant lighting. However, one of their tech did a 1/2'' scratch near the glove box. Actually just a bit higher then the glove box in the middle. It's only a 1/2'' scratch, but is it deep. You can easily see it.

I've asked them to replace that part since THEY did the dommage. They said no, they are not going to replace all the parts cause of scratches. They said they can either order another car which will take another 6 weeks.

OR

Call a company called Fibernew that will repair the scratch. Fibernew since to be all over the states and canada. Anyone know if the result will be perfect ?

Thanks!

You ordered and waited for a new vehicle, and they're going to dick around over replacing some plastic, saying they'd rather order a new car? Do not take possession until that car is perfect. This is not a used car lot, and you did not pay used car prices. YOu deserve a perfect car; settle for nothing less.

Hi,

OR

Thanks!

Hi SpykeYs. :D Sorry for your streak of bad luck. To be honest, if it were me, and a Dealer I was purchasing from pulled that stunt, I would ask for my deposit back and go order someplace else. If they have that attitude before they have your money, I can only foresee it getting worse after the vehicle is paid for, you drive it away and need service later.

That being said, right now you need to decide what you will be happy with. You can always ask the Dealer to agree to have "Fibernew" (I Googled and found a company named Fibrenew that does Leather and Plastic repair work) repair it with the understanding that if you are not satisfied, you have the options of reordering or a deposit refund.

If they agree to that, then let them repair it. If you are satisfied, go through with the purchase. If you are not satisfied, reorder there, or take your deposit refund and reorder somewhere else.

Unless anyone here has coincidentally had work done by this company, there is no way we can predict whether the "result will be perfect" or not.

Weigh your options and choose accordingly.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi,

OR

Thanks!

As hard as it may be to walk away, that might be the thing to do. This does not sound like a dealer I would want to deal with. Walking away may be just the thing to call their bluff, too. If the scratch is as bad as you say, I can't see them taking that vehicle and putting it on the new car lot "as is". Who would buy a new vehicle with something like that?

When I bought our Edge last year, there was a small tear in the leather on the passenger seat. I didn't see it, the dealer noticed it during prep and our salesman showed it to me and made arrangements for us to bring it back in as soon as the replacement seat cover arrived. That's how you get repeat business.

As hard as it may be to walk away, that might be the thing to do. This does not sound like a dealer I would want to deal with. Walking away may be just the thing to call their bluff, too. If the scratch is as bad as you say, I can't see them taking that vehicle and putting it on the new car lot "as is". Who would buy a new vehicle with something like that?

When I bought our Edge last year, there was a small tear in the leather on the passenger seat. I didn't see it, the dealer noticed it during prep and our salesman showed it to me and made arrangements for us to bring it back in as soon as the replacement seat cover arrived. That's how you get repeat business.

I agree. When picking up my 09 Escape my dealer told me to look it over. He said there was something that I would not notice but he wanted me to look regardless. Afterwards when I could not find it he and I both got down on our knees to look under the edge of the rear bumper and he showed me a scratch that had been caused during transportation. He then went on to ask me how I wanted to have it taken care of...either order again or have them repair the bumper. I took the latter option and they put me in a rental while they had my vehicle for 2 days to correct. One of the reasons I AM a repeat customer of this dealer and will continue to be one as well.