MTP workers coming to KTP

homerhero

Looks like MTP workers will have the opportunity to follow their product to KTP. Very lucky for you guys it’s hard to get in here so congratulations if you decide to come and welcome. After you do your research you’ll find the cost of living a lot cheaper and Louisville is a great city to raise a family.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I can't welcome someone into my plant, who more than likely has more senority thanb me. Especially when they are getting a new product at MTP. I wish all the ones coming down, the Worst.

I'm at my third plant in just over 13 years. It can happen to you. Be thankful there are plants to go to. I hope all the MTP transfers the best.

I'm sorry, I can't welcome someone into my plant, who more than likely has more senority thanb me. Especially when they are getting a new product at MTP. I wish all the ones coming down, the Worst.

We are all in the same boat. But these people have a right to come. And you should welcome them! Like I was told in no uncertain terms, we are all Ford employees and we do have seniority rights.

When its your turn to go to another plant, and it will eventually happen to you, you better turn it down. An asshole such as yourself should not do what he is against.

I will Welcome the guys and gals. But I hope everyone understands that most of us aren't mad because your coming down but because your local and international worked this all out and didn't include our local until after the deal was done. Also, we have alot of questains and our local can't seem to answer them . 1st we have been hearing that you guys will be coming and we can't bring back the 100 of our guys that are laid off. 2nd you guys will take our jobs and we will get laid off 3rd if we go back to 2 crews they are saying that you guys can fill the entire shift and we get left out in the cold. We don't have any answers right now and we don't know how this is going to work. The Nav and EXP will add jobs in our old trim shop and some on frame and chassis. So do you guys fill only those jobs or anybody that signs up will come down. We haven't heard anything about this stuff.

If you guys dont mind the drive move to Bardstown 40miles away. Great schools and wonderful town!!

Have you guys heard when your coming??

I know a lot of you are worried but calm down. The workers coming form MTP will NOT result in any KTP people being laid off. They will offer MTP workers an opportunity to come here based on how many new workers we’ll need, When we start building their product… So if we need 400 more workers they will survey MTP and take the top 400.

Ok they may be getting a new product but they probably won't need all the workers that Wayne and MTP has. So if they have a chance to follow their product they are nuts not to follow it.

Wouldn’t you?

That is nothing short of just MEAN! Granted the whole Ford situation sucks big time but don't you think these families would rather stay where they are...of course they would! Just like you may want to one day when you could face the same thing. None of these people have set out to cause grief to any other Ford employee. We are all in this together...my husband just signed up for KC & I hope that those there will not roll out the same "welcome wagon" you have! But though your remark was heartless; I still wish you the best should you have to up-root your family & venture elsewhere.

Oh my, I sure would'nt want the karma that's gonna bite you in the ass for that remark.

I can see where that comment coming from. For the past fews years we have shed nearly 2000 employees from KTP. The problem is we have 100 brothers and sisters laid off and they won't be coming back. The SD is the main product at KTP the EXPY/NAV will just be filler...

Edited by Bottomfeeder

I can see where KTPVeteran is coming from. We have had a few people that came from other plants that have caused some serious problems in our plant. Not to mention the 100 people that are already on lay-off that will not be recalled back due to MTP being able to follow their product. Plus we still have over 200 people that are working over at our sister plant LAP.

Now don't get me wrong, those people at LAP most will not come back unless they are on a ILO, then again I could be wrong on this. After all the people that comes down here from MTP, then there is a lay-off, the people of KTP will be on the chopping block. For those that come down I do wish them the best of luck. I will say this though, should you decide to come down I would wait a while before I would buy a house. I say this not to discourage you but to see how things work out for you first.

I can see where KTPVeteran is coming from. We have had a few people that came from other plants that have caused some serious problems in our plant. Not to mention the 100 people that are already on lay-off that will not be recalled back due to MTP being able to follow their product. Plus we still have over 200 people that are working over at our sister plant LAP.

Now don't get me wrong, those people at LAP most will not come back unless they are on a ILO, then again I could be wrong on this. After all the people that comes down here from MTP, then there is a lay-off, the people of KTP will be on the chopping block. For those that come down I do wish them the best of luck. I will say this though, should you decide to come down I would wait a while before I would buy a house. I say this not to discourage you but to see how things work out for you first.

Your post as well as Bottomfeeder's were put in much kinder words & still got to the main point. I understand your reasoning 100%. At least the both of you know how to show some respect!

Are you afraid someone with all their teeth is going to steal your cousin away from you. Or we call OSHA and you will have to wear shoes to work. You sure don't sound like a veteran to me more like the cast of he haw . I wish you had to come north to dearborn to work. they would love you.

Tell Elly May I said Hey

I can see where that comment coming from. For the past fews years we have shed nearly 2000 employees from KTP. The problem is we have 100 brothers and sisters laid off and they won't be coming back. The SD is the main product at KTP the EXPY/NAV will just be filler...
If the local doesn't have any info. where is everyone getting their information. I have been worked at ford for a while and never, never, heard of international doing something like this with out the locals involvement. but sounds like if they do bring some it wont be many as those expeditions, and navs cant be given away, they will be low production numbers, so only a small number may come if any.

Your post as well as Bottomfeeder's were put in much kinder words & still got to the main point. I understand your reasoning 100%. At least the both of you know how to show some respect!

See what I mean? Who wants these rude pathetic northerners in our plant? We have enough of you a-holes from up north at KTP already, we don't need, or want, anymore. Also, I am being an ass because everyone coming down here from MTP is being a selfish prick in my book.

Now if your plant was shutting down and you were going to be out of a job permanently, then I would welcome you, even though some of you are just smart@$$ pricks. But you are not being put on ILO, you are getting a new vehicle at MTP! So why come down here and screw the people that we already have on ILO out of getting their jobs back? Pretty selfish if you ask me! RESPECT THAT!

I know a lot of you are worried but calm down. The workers coming form MTP will NOT result in any KTP people being laid off. They will offer MTP workers an opportunity to come here based on how many new workers we’ll need, When we start building their product… So if we need 400 more workers they will survey MTP and take the top 400.

lol, you can't be serious right? There is no way the Navigator and Expedition are going to create 400 jobs! "The workers coming from MTP will NOT result in any KTP people being laid off." Yea, not unless you have more senoirity than those coming down. After they get here and the layoff comes, cause it is coming, then I want you to tell me this. We'll have these MTP scabs laughing at us walking out the door with our pink slips! 862 needs to stop this from happening! But I honestly have a better chance of hitting the POWERBALL than our Local standing up for what is right.

When its your turn to go to another plant, and it will eventually happen to you, you better turn it down. An asshole such as yourself should not do what he is against.

If its any plant in Michigan, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll turn it down! There's no way in HELL I'll ever lower myself.

I tell you what honey, you come on down here to Kentucky, and I'll show you what biteing some ass is all about. :shades:

History is just repeating itself. Late 70's bottom fell out. Early 80's uaw members transfering to other plants. The company never has nor never will care about the emloyees. But thank God for the UAW that nego. some good bennies. ie: education, sub, gen, ect. The steel companies busted their unions, and now the Auto companies and working on the UAW. Its time for us to be strong not to fight among ourselves. Take advantage of the benefits, go to school, pick a career, and just do a little research on american axle. I hope not, but auto workers may be next.

If its any plant in Michigan, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll turn it down! There's no way in HELL I'll ever lower myself.

BITCH, if it wasn't for Michigan you wouldn't have a job. Stupid FUCK! Where in the fuck do you Henry Ford started this company? Not in the BLUE ASS state, oops! blue grass state. Keep you redneck racist ass right down there bitch.

We are not getting a PRODUCT. MTP is CLOSING. No more Michigan Truck zip, nada, GONE. We are just lucky enough to have another plant @ the same location that is putting on another shift. WAP has already accepted people from DTP, Livonia Transmissin and a few other places. Do you really think that WAP needs 1200 people from MTP. They are already working three shifts in body & stamping and that just leaves trim & chassis. MTP is being retooled to build the Focus. When all said and done everybody from WAP will go to the new WAP (old MTP) when its done being retooled. MTP'ers are loosing there plant its that plain and simple. MTP is gone as of Nov 26 to never be heard from again. We have no recall rights to prior jobs or classification or anytihng else for that matter. So we all just figure we come down there and f*ck up your world just for the hell of it. And as you can see this person just started posting in March of this year. I bet he doesn't even work for KTP. He's just on here to start some sh*t. :shades:

Damn you are a embarrassment not only to KTP but to Kentucky.These UAW FORD brothers and sisters have every right to transfer to any plant if they are asked to.They are not doing it for spite ,but to keep their jobs.Good luck to all who get the chance to save their jobs.Its a bad time to give a job like this up,even if you have to uproot your family.Believe me most people are not like this guy at KTP,most totally understand.So good luck to all,except ktpvet.... :finger: