van dyke special meeting called to discuss merger

mechanic

Just what we need to stir up more hostility. Notices went up today for a special meeting October 5 to talk about amalgamation (merger). I know the fact is that a merger is not the same as a transfer agreement. BUT.... I also know that just the talk about it is going to get lots of folks riled up. Especially since Mod and all of our local leaders pronounced the issue dead. We will have to keep an eye on this and see if it is a distraction to cover up some bigger issue, or just a formality to take the members vote on what we think about it.

Just what we need to stir up more hostility. Notices went up today for a special meeting October 5 to talk about amalgamation (merger). I know the fact is that a merger is not the same as a transfer agreement. BUT.... I also know that just the talk about it is going to get lots of folks riled up. Especially since Mod and all of our local leaders pronounced the issue dead. We will have to keep an eye on this and see if it is a distraction to cover up some bigger issue, or just a formality to take the members vote on what we think about it.

A Merger with who?

Like MOD wants to work with Sterling. We have a better chance for the lions to win a football game. LOL

Your right. You know what is even more funny. Every single person who is coming from Sterling,Utica and Romeo know how those two bastards tried to screw every last one of us. :censored: The big payback is coming! :reading:

If they were smart, :idea: they would get a couple of those "last offer" buyouts :speedie:

from what I am hearing from people they are toast. :rip:

Low seniority at VaDyke is very upset that MOD lied about taking people from other plants. Now when there is a layoff (11 months and counting) Low seniority at VanDyke will be headed to an assembly line like dearborn or AAi. :finger:

What clown did he appoint in Vinces spot?

I heard he has his Nephew running for Committeman??? You have to be kidding and people at VanDyke are going to allow that?

Typical VanDyke!! Nothing changes!!

Edited by TheEagle

Called an officer from 228 at home and they have heard nothing of it. So it must be some MOD cover up for somthing he gave the company for a six pack! :beerchug:

REMEMBER AMALG, COMES WHEN YOUR LOCAL NUMBERS FALL below a certain number , thats a union thing,check your nat contract,about exact numbers i dont have those,here tonite or i would share

Called an officer from 228 at home and they have heard nothing of it. So it must be some MOD cover up for somthing he gave the company for a six pack! :beerchug:

REMEMBER AMALG, COMES WHEN YOUR LOCAL NUMBERS FALL below a certain number , thats a union thing,check your nat contract,about exact numbers i dont have those,here tonite or i would share,1 stronger local absorbs the smaller ones

An amalgamation is a union thing. It will not affect jobs inside the plants. All it means is that smaller locals merge their memberships into one local and share costs and halls. This is strictly done by the union for the union. The company is not involved in any way shape or form.

Wixom was an amalgamated local and so is 900 in wayne it is no big deal.

An amalgamation is a union thing. It will not affect jobs inside the plants. All it means is that smaller locals merge their memberships into one local and share costs and halls. This is strictly done by the union for the union. The company is not involved in any way shape or form.

No big deal?????????

tel that to VanDyke plant and thier union reps. Thier elected people look at it like the worst thing ever. Even tho it is the best thing for us.

Dooley is flat against it also.

I wonder if it is because these guys plan on running for the job so they can't collect even more money and work 3 more years untill he has fifty years in.

400 is amalgamated also...

No big deal?????????

tel that to VanDyke plant and thier union reps. Thier elected people look at it like the worst thing ever. Even tho it is the best thing for us.

I wonder if it is because these guys plan on running for the job so they can't collect even more money and work 3 more years untill he has fifty years in.

Why ?? Are they scared of adding more members to their membership ??? Why would a union be against adding more members and more revenue coming with more members ??

No big deal?????????

The only elected officers that should have issue is the executive board officers. They would be the ones affected, but then again, with a bigger local comes more executive board positions.

If Dooley is upset then he must have his eyes set on President. Ain't he like 80??? Who the heck would vote for someone at a new position with 40+ years. Especially in todays economy when lower seniority people are hitting the streets. Take a package and live happily ever after, otherwise go back to the floor if you want a change.

How old is Jeff Terry??? Why would anyone vote someone young, that knows his sht out of office? :headscratch: Maybe Jeff plans on running for Chairman....more money, but more headache, if done right! I think if you have a young President with Jeff's credencials, you need to tell him to stay at the Local so that he can deal with the political things that keep things running for the Local. The things that no one sees because they are behind the scenes.He can also help the committe a lot better from there than in the plant. In the plant he would be tied to putting out fires, although he would be great on contractual issues.....especially just going through National Negotiations.

The only elected officers that should have issue is the executive board officers. They would be the ones affected, but then again, with a bigger local comes more executive board positions.

If Dooley is upset then he must have his eyes set on President. Ain't he like 80??? Who the heck would vote for someone at a new position with 40+ years. Especially in todays economy when lower seniority people are hitting the streets. Take a package and live happily ever after, otherwise go back to the floor if you want a change.

How old is Jeff Terry??? Why would anyone vote someone young, that knows his sht out of office? :headscratch: Maybe Jeff plans on running for Chairman....more money, but more headache, if done right! I think if you have a young President with Jeff's credencials, you need to tell him to stay at the Local so that he can deal with the political things that keep things running for the Local. The things that no one sees because they are behind the scenes.He can also help the committe a lot better from there than in the plant. In the plant he would be tied to putting out fires, although he would be great on contractual issues.....especially just going through National Negotiations.

I want Terry to run for Chairman but you may have a point. He does a good job where he is now. I still say I won't vote for anyone retirement age or seniority for a local office period. That has to change. I sure do not want to be stuck with people in plant representing me with 30+ years either. Take a package. If they can't find one I have one in my pants for them.

I want Terry to run for Chairman but you may have a point. He does a good job where he is now. I still say I won't vote for anyone retirement age or seniority for a local office period. That has to change. I sure do not want to be stuck with people in plant representing me with 30+ years either. Take a package. If they can't find one I have one in my pants for them.

Jeff Terry for Chairman???? wouldn't that be a downgrade? Im not sure but I think so.

Jeff Terry for Chairman???? wouldn't that be a downgrade? Im not sure but I think so.

How would that be a downgrade? Dave is 70 and sick. Neil gets lost coming in the building. Jeff negotiated National Contract and has more experience than anybody else in the building who is not retired or who should retire. I see it as an upgrade. He has 20 more years to work. These guys have been working 20 years too long. Hey if not Jeff someone who doesnt have 40 years seniority.

Who else in the plant would you trust for Chairman? The only experienced one is Jeff Terry.

How would that be a downgrade? Dave is 70 and sick. Neil gets lost coming in the building. Jeff negotiated National Contract and has more experience than anybody else in the building who is not retired or who should retire. I see it as an upgrade. He has 20 more years to work. These guys have been working 20 years too long. Hey if not Jeff someone who doesnt have 40 years seniority.

Who else in the plant would you trust for Chairman? The only experienced one is Jeff Terry.

you misunderstood me. I would also want jeff but i thought that president was a higher position than chairman. thats what i meant.

you misunderstood me. I would also want jeff but i thought that president was a higher position than chairman. thats what i meant.

Depends on what Local you are talking about. Sure it is a higher position, but lower pay. A good Local works hand in hand (President/Chairperson). I think Eagle is right on the seniority thing. You want experience, but you don't want someone to over stay their welcome. You work your whole life to get experience and once you get it, you should be working to give it to someone else. Once that has happened pass the thrown and step down. If you have younger experience why in the heck would you vote in someone with 40+yrs?? WOW! Live life before you die!! I shouldn't say that...everyone has their own reasons for staying, but why would he want to be switching jobs. If you want a change retire...that would be a change or if you can't go back to the tools!! There is a lot of organizing and running around as a president. Running a local is totally different than running a plant. Especially if you haven't done both. You guys have the best of both worlds with Jeff....he has negotiated Locally/Nationally and whatever he has done before Ford! I think he has been in this bargaining atmosphere since he was born!!

Yes it is a higher position. But he can not help us in the plant with issues because that is the Chairmans job. I just want the 30+ people to leave. All I am saying is someone like Jeff (seniority,knowledge, experience) in that position would be welcomed by me.

I have told Jeff he should consider it a while back. He was not interested. :censored: So looks like we have what we have. :banghead:

No info .....

Yes it is a higher position. But he can not help us in the plant with issues because that is the Chairmans job. I just want the 30+ people to leave. All I am saying is someone like Jeff (seniority,knowledge, experience) in that position would be welcomed by me.

I have told Jeff he should consider it a while back. He was not interested. :censored: So looks like we have what we have. :banghead:

No info .....

This sounds like a good spot for Rich Dunford!

This sounds like a good spot for Rich Dunford!

Dunford would be good. Gafa would be good. Vultaggio would be good. Torrentee would be good. Brdak would be good.

I am hearing Tim Williams is who they are running for that job. 30+ years and should have left 10 years ago. :banghead:

or

Frank "The Pittbull" Saez. :hysterical:

Young guy who starts rumors all over the plant and spends most of his day (when he is here) taking care of his girlfriend in Dept. 91. :rant:

:beatdeadhorse:

This thread is a non-thread from what I've been told. They want to be able to represent the cleaners and to go to other small shops and organize (sp?). Local 3000 in Flat Rock was an amalgamated union, and it had nothing to do with internal plant union activities. I'm sure it will turn into a thread that has nothing to do with the topic anyway.

This thread is a non-thread from what I've been told. They want to be able to represent the cleaners and to go to other small shops and organize (sp?). Local 3000 in Flat Rock was an amalgamated union, and it had nothing to do with internal plant union activities. I'm sure it will turn into a thread that has nothing to do with the topic anyway.

VanDyke just does not want to join other locals. They want to continue to stand alone. oxymoron. The leadership is on their way out.