Economy could spell doom for BIG 3

CSMJ

Dont be surprised when and if Ford?GM cancel the buyout program!!!

And that 4,500K number they wanted could swell to 15-20K real soon!!!!

And JSP will not last 6 months with that number!!!

This credit crunch is real dont think it wont hurt Ford!!!

And the loans cannot be used for buyouts!!!!!!

And dont think the contract wont be reopened because it WILL be very soon!!!!

The US market is expected to sell at a 12-13 million units a year and this could put ford/GM over the edge!!

US consumers will turn to CHEAP foreign cars that get 30+MPG and cost under 16K.

This could mean a 10-12% (1.2 to 1.5 million sales) market share for ford which is way lower then the expected 2.4 million sales they expected.

This crisis is NO JOKE its VERY serious NO CREDIT means NO car sales!!! I saw one economist saying that US sales to go as low as 6 million sales next year if true this will put all 3 companies in bankruptcy court!!!!!

I think people already know this!

ALOT of people I work and talk with have NO CLUE whats going on, they dont watch the news.

There more worried about the Browns and Indians then there daily lives!!!!

And they looked at me like I was crazy when I explained this shit last week to them well now I would hope they all know whats going on!!!

Im stating the obvious I know that!

The US market is expected to sell at a 12-13 million units a year and this could put ford/GM over the edge!!

US consumers will turn to CHEAP foreign cars that get 30+MPG and cost under 16K.

This could mean a 10-12% (1.2 to 1.5 million sales) market share for ford which is way lower then the expected 2.4 million sales they expected.

This crisis is NO JOKE its VERY serious NO CREDIT means NO car sales!!! I saw one economist saying that US sales to go as low as 6 million sales next year if true this will put all 3 companies in bankruptcy court!!!!!

You can also include VEBA that will go also!!!!

ALOT of people I work and talk with have NO CLUE whats going on, they dont watch the news.

And they looked at me like I was crazy when I explained this shit last week to them well now I would hope they all know whats going on!!!

I think you watch to much of it, they have you in there back pocket with the fear mongering.

Ford was expecting sales to be down 23%, sales are down 33.8% across the board.

Dude, aren't you the same one who was saying how the 25 billion dollar loan to the big 3 will resurect Ford? That we'd all be in good shape. Now the sky is falling? Have you been messing with your bi-polar med. dosage again? :doh:

Ford was expecting sales to be down 23%, sales are down 33.8% across the board.

Ford says that after the fact. 23% year over year.

If US sales fall to 12 mill which today they are then ford's current 13% market share =1.56 million units sold. Last year in the US,Mex,and Canada they assembled 2.4 million units. So 844K fewer saler is equal to 4+ ass. plants closing using the industry 200K per plant quote.

No credit, if the banks keep using the 720 credit score for car buyers which means fewer then the 12 mill more like the 6 mill the economist predicted since hardly no one has the 20% to put down.

Global markets are crashing look at russia,and europe.

even if we get a package and credit starts to flow as usual its not gonna be the same as it has been and the american public is gonna start saving more and put off big ticket items as we have already seen.

The Loan $ M of (CSM and J) spoke of was assuming a good car market (14+ mill units sold)not a shitty one.

The ballgame has changed!!!!!!!!

Ford/GM will use the loan $$ to update plants but they could still demand major concessions and or file bankruptcy to lower there fixed costs'. Im sure 5 yrs from now ford will be better off,

the question is will the UAW be better off!!! Lets hope so!!!!!!!! Im out J

Edited by CSMJ

....along w/ many,many other industries etc etc. Its too soon to make any dire predictions and its always easy to be negative or whatever....as quick as we fall into these catastrophies these days maybe we

can also come out as quickly (real estate markey withstanding)..if/when they do agree on a bailout

scenario (@ least the big 3 got something) this may lift other aspects of economy. Im not worried

about any buyouts personally and have commited myself to this company no matter what. Good luck to

ya sir!...and have you taken or are considering a buyout currently, answer us that?......

I think you watch to much of it, they have you in there back pocket with the fear mongering.

Please explain this then!!

If a company cannot borrow $ to finance payroll they will layoff workers!

If a company cannot finance inventory they will layoff people!!

If a dealership cannot finance cars to buy from ford then ford wont make the cars thus we get laidoff!

If joe 6 pack cannot get a car loan then he does not buy a car thus were screwed!!

If our home prices keep falling due to too many bad loans then sooner or later everyone's home equity loans will be if there not already frozen, thus when these people get laidoff with equity guess what there gonna get foreclosed on and file bankruptcy!!

Thus it gets worse!!!

All of this is happening now as you read this!!!

Again Mad Money guy said this last year and if the govt. had done it we would not be in this mess today!! Roosevelt bought foreclosed homes in the 30's also!! The govt. waited too long back then and the stock market crashed and then it was too late!!!!!!!!

some say its OK some say its fucked up but there is a problem!!!!!!

I say we vote every member out of office we need 435 new congress members and 33 new senators in 09!!!!! And we need a 3rd party president also!!! Ron Paul will do fine by me!!!!!!!

And lets keep the social issues ie abortion gay marriage etc. in the courts the congress and President has no business commenting on them either way!!!!

Please explain this then!!

If a company cannot borrow $ to finance payroll they will layoff workers!

If a company cannot finance inventory they will layoff people!!

If a dealership cannot finance cars to buy from ford then ford wont make the cars thus we get laidoff!

If joe 6 pack cannot get a car loan then he does not buy a car thus were screwed!!

If our home prices keep falling due to too many bad loans then sooner or later everyone's home equity loans will be if there not already frozen, thus when these people get laidoff with equity guess what there gonna get foreclosed on and file bankruptcy!!

Thus it gets worse!!!

All of this is happening now as you read this!!!

Again Mad Money guy said this last year and if the govt. had done it we would not be in this mess today!! Roosevelt bought foreclosed homes in the 30's also!! The govt. waited too long back then and the stock market crashed and then it was too late!!!!!!!!

some say its OK some say its fucked up but there is a problem!!!!!!

I say we vote every member out of office we need 435 new congress members and 33 new senators in 09!!!!! And we need a 3rd party president also!!! Ron Paul will do fine by me!!!!!!!

And lets keep the social issues ie abortion gay marriage etc. in the courts the congress and President has no business commenting on them either way!!!!

Correct, companies that cannot manage their cashflow can (and should) go out of business.

On the other hand..looks like help for "main street" is starting today. How quickly we all forget...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_and_E...ery_Act_of_2008

And the winner for the most exclamation marks in a post is?

U got some?? I need a couple the Vicodin and Soma aren't working anymore!!!

No, I'm pretty good at not stressing out too much about things I have no control over (except for voting, of course). Although if you could get some, I bet you'd shave a few exclamation marks off your posts. ;)

Definitely. Things are not good, but is the sky falling? No. Its easy to get sucked

up AND completely paranoid.

The sky is falling.

Ford has a lot of money loaned out through Ford Credit for car loans. What happens when people start defaulting? Ford borrowed the money that it loaned out, just like a bank. Am I wrong? I am not an economist.

Edited by Trimdingman

The sky is falling.

Ford has a lot of money loaned out through Ford Credit for car loans. What happens when people start defaulting? Ford borrowed the money that it loaned out, just like a bank. Am I wrong? I am not an economist.

I agree with you 100%. Ford sold or pawned everything they have. Now they are playing with somebody else's money !!They dont give 2 shits about any of us!. "The sky may not have falling" but get ready cause "the bottom's about to drop out on every last one of us" No jsp, gen, sub, pension, benefits...... fucking nothing ! it's over . Take whatever $$ you can get your hands on and get out.. If you don't and your one of the one's that left holding your meat, we'll fuck ya!! Don't say I didn't tell ya so.

I agree with you 100%. Ford sold or pawned everything they have. Now they are playing with somebody else's money !!They dont give 2 shits about any of us!. "The sky may not have falling" but get ready cause "the bottom's about to drop out on every last one of us" No jsp, gen, sub, pension, benefits...... fucking nothing ! it's over . Take whatever $$ you can get your hands on and get out.. If you don't and your one of the one's that left holding your meat, we'll fuck ya!! Don't say I didn't tell ya so.

If it gets down to that, then the money will not even be good enough to wipe your ass. I am staying in. Either I go down with the ship, or we stay afloat.

Edited by Trimdingman

If it gets down to that, then the money will not even be good enough to wipe your ass. I am staying in. Either I go down with the ship, or we stay afloat.

It doesn't have to be like that friend. The livesaver is already in the water! Save yourself. :sos::sos:

It doesn't have to be like that friend. The livesaver is already in the water! Save yourself. :sos::sos:

Seventy-five grand? (Canada) How far will that go? Pensions are not assured if the country goes bust. At least, if I stay, I will have a job when things settle down. If the government prints money to try and stop the slide, the currency will inflate to a fraction of its value.

Edited by Trimdingman

A vehicle is a big ticket item.Consumers are scared.Hell millionaires are scared.I expect sales to tank and Ford will start laying off.I expect so many people will be on lay off that sub pay will not be able to cover everyone fully and maybe even State unemployment will dry up.We may have to get another job.Ford does not need as many of us anymore so we will be on our own for awhile.That is honestly how I see it.That does not mean I like it or wish it to be this way.

U got some?? I need a couple the Vicodin and Soma aren't working anymore!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redcard: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!