sterling

zaz

union told us last night the plant is 180 people still to many as of right now 59 going to vandyke and 34 taking the buyout that leaves 87 more to go buyouts go intill oct 31 and then they will know how many more will go in jsp the thing is those that went to vandyke knew how to run the job now there is knowone to take over and they dont care its all about the number so it does not look like people will be coming out of jsp anytime soon

union told us last night the plant is 180 people still to many as of right now 59 going to vandyke and 34 taking the buyout that leaves 87 more to go buyouts go intill oct 31 and then they will know how many more will go in jsp the thing is those that went to vandyke knew how to run the job now there is knowone to take over and they dont care its all about the number so it does not look like people will be coming out jsp anytime soon

Soon,You mean never!!!! 2 years than out for good if ford gets there way.

hey general

I know this may have been covered already, but do you know what happens if i get called back out of the JSP...if later down the road i get put back in, is my first time still part of my "2years"?

and, do you know of anything that allows them to kick us out of the JSP and be put on permanent lay off......................

union told us last night the plant is 180 people still to many as of right now 59 going to vandyke and 34 taking the buyout that leaves 87 more to go buyouts go intill oct 31 and then they will know how many more will go in jsp the thing is those that went to vandyke knew how to run the job now there is knowone to take over and they dont care its all about the number so it does not look like people will be coming out of jsp anytime soon

what did he say?

The big meeting today was alll doom and gloom....We have several hundred people too many, and if enough people don't take the buyouts, the company will have to make some difficult decisions that will will not like (this is code for close this plant)....

Just because Ford F-UP they want us to leave.Close the damn plant already.tired of all the lies and bullshit from the co and the union.

Watch all of us in JSP get the shaft when contract time comes!!!! All I can say save some bucks for 2011!!!!

With a major layoff coming JSP will not last past 2009!!!!!!!

1994 keeps you at Ford because of GIS all others well figure it out!!!!

just my humble opinion!!!!!!!!!!

What does 1994 have to do any thing about it????????????????

GIS u must have 15 years to qualify for it!!!

Theres gonna be a bigger layoff coming just wait and see!!!

1.5 million units (forecasted through 2010 at current market share) sold by ford is not good considering they were expecting 2.4 million with 40K workers remaining. There either gonna keep having 10 -15 down weeks for most of the workers or as I see it there gonna go to 1 shift at almost every plant but the Wayne plants,DTP,Lima and DEP and a couple transmission plants in the USA. 1.5 million sales and 400K come from Mexico(fusion,fiesta) and 200K (edge,flex)from Canada so 900K cars will be assembled in the USA plants.

No one knows whats gonna happen and everyone on here has there own opinion as do I.

When not if the contract is reopened there will be a push for a buydown I guarantee it!!!!!!They tried to get it last year but this time they will.

The UAW would not be the same if any of the BIG 3 go bankrupt thay would signal the END of all unions as we know them!!! Ask anyone to name the most powerful union and I'd bet 85% say the UAW!!!

GIS u must have 15 years to qualify for it!!!

Theres gonna be a bigger layoff coming just wait and see!!!

1.5 million units (forecasted through 2010 at current market share) sold by ford is not good considering they were expecting 2.4 million with 40K workers remaining. There either gonna keep having 10 -15 down weeks for most of the workers or as I see it there gonna go to 1 shift at almost every plant but the Wayne plants,DTP,Lima and DEP and a couple transmission plants in the USA. 1.5 million sales and 400K come from Mexico(fusion,fiesta) and 200K (edge,flex)from Canada so 900K cars will be assembled in the USA plants.

No one knows whats gonna happen and everyone on here has there own opinion as do I.

When not if the contract is reopened there will be a push for a buydown I guarantee it!!!!!!They tried to get it last year but this time they will.

The UAW would not be the same if any of the BIG 3 go bankrupt thay would signal the END of all unions as we know them!!! Ask anyone to name the most powerful union and I'd bet 85% say the UAW!!!

with sterling's high sen.you are going to need more than 15 years to keep working.That's if what you state comes true.NOBODY KNOWS WHATS IN THE CARDS!!!!!!

with sterling's high sen.you are going to need more than 15 years to keep working.That's if what you state comes true.NOBODY KNOWS WHATS IN THE CARDS!!!!!!

Sterlings high senority what about Dearborn we have people with 47 and 55 years senority that don't want to retire

If everyone who could retire would we would all be safe at Sterling. Thats what I got from that B*llsh*t meeting.

Thats what I have been saying all along. If you have 30 years or more get out! :finger:

Sterlings high senority what about Dearborn we have people with 47 and 55 years senority that don't want to retire

:shades: Those people will be leaving soon with a pension. . . The way the industry is moving, those of us with 15 year or less, may never see 30 years . . . If they leave or stay doesn't make a bit of difference. . . That will not secure one job! . . . The Auto Industry is moving in directions that they're not sure of right now. . . The country is in difficult times and will take a number of years to recover. The Auto Industry may take longer. . . I dread if I make 20 years and be too old to find a better job, when they start laying me off. . . Gee z, they may take me back to $15 an hour and tell me my pension is frozen. . . You don't think the U A W would let them do that, do you?

:shades: Those people will be leaving soon with a pension. . . The way the industry is moving, those of us with 15 year or less, may never see 30 years . . . If they leave or stay doesn't make a bit of difference. . . That will not secure one job! . . . The Auto Industry is moving in directions that they're not sure of right now. . . The country is in difficult times and will take a number of years to recover. The Auto Industry may take longer. . . I dread if I make 20 years and be too old to find a better job, when they start laying me off. . . Gee z, they may take me back to $15 an hour and tell me my pension is frozen. . . You don't think the U A W would let them do that, do you?

Thats the problem the people with the senority should retire. I would love to have 30 years with a pension plus a little extra they are givin them. Wait I wouldn't even wait til 30 for the extra money I would do the 28 and out. They forget that somebody retired so they could get a job. I could be wrong but I don't think they will take our wages. If they cut our pay they would then hit the suppliers which would make them lowere their wages. They suppliers can't go any lower. They probably will just freeze them with no bonus.

Thats the problem the people with the senority should retire. I would love to have 30 years with a pension plus a little extra they are givin them. Wait I wouldn't even wait til 30 for the extra money I would do the 28 and out. They forget that somebody retired so they could get a job. I could be wrong but I don't think they will take our wages. If they cut our pay they would then hit the suppliers which would make them lowere their wages. They suppliers can't go any lower. They probably will just freeze them with no bonus.

The Sterling plant isn't going to close. Dig in your heels. All they want is to make as much room for the lower tier wage workers as possible. It doesn't matter if a brother or sister has thirty or more years, it was their job first and if they're still working, it's because they need to be working. Seniority rules, that's one of the cornerstones of our great union. Our jobs are very well protected, stop thinking like you're an at will employee. You're not.

The Sterling plant isn't going to close. Dig in your heels. All they want is to make as much room for the lower tier wage workers as possible. It doesn't matter if a brother or sister has thirty or more years, it was their job first and if they're still working, it's because they need to be working. Seniority rules, that's one of the cornerstones of our great union. Our jobs are very well protected, stop thinking like you're an at will employee. You're not.
:reading: It's a shame that the company is pitting the younger workers against the older ones. . . It was those seniority workers who spent many times on lay-off and walked the picket lines for us. . . They are the ones that held THE LINE so our work lives would be better. . . I'm sorry if I ever berated a seniority worker. . . How soon have I forgot what they did for me. . . I will try not to be so selfish and begin to think how I can make this difficult time better for my family and I :banghead: . . . Thanks UNIONGUY963 Edited by DTPmustangdriver

I have a guy that I work next to that has 39 years owns two car wash business, a house up north and a condo in florida. Yeah he needs to work. And thats just one of the many that work with me.