2009 Mariner VOGA

My Mother was bound and determined to get this car, even though she has owned Lincolns for decades now. She searched high and low this car and when it came time to lease a new vehicle, she had the dealer scour the country. It's an amazing car, I was surprised beyond belief when she brought it over, it's a gorgeous car! The Voga interior package is unlike anything I've seen from Ford, it's very fashion forward. Essentially it's a hodge-podge of Escape/Mariner/Tribute parts and some smart color choices, but they pulled it off elegantly.

Anyway, http://www.mikekukielka.com/gallery/v/2009...y+Mariner+VOGA/ is the complete photo album!

Getting behind the wheel of the car was like getting behind the wheel of Lincoln when they revamped their interiors with the current satin-nickel/white light look, it's such a refreshing leap! The lighting, controls, colors, materials, designs..etc..SOO much better than decades of monotone plastic dashboard and bricks with green buttons. The combination of materials textures, colors, and lighting make for a brilliant and welcome change. I would be proud to show this car off to any import buyer, I don't see anything else like it!

The D30 with 6-spd is powerful, smooth, and MUCH improved...who needs the D35 in this car?

Not to be a complete prick since it sounds like you are kind of down on Ford's older interiors, but that interior color palette reminds me a lot of my Fusion's interior. Looks nice!

It's not just the trim materials, it's the tech, controls, and lighting....not to mention material quality, which are far better than any Fusion/Milan I've driven.

Nice Mariner.

I hate to say it, but since we don't have the Mercury franchise in Canada, I seem to like the looks of their stuff a little more.

But this might be me thinking 'the grass is greener on the other side'. I also like European Fords much better.

The interior (other than the white seats/white panels) looks just like the Escape interior. Oh, and a differnt font on the techonmeter..

Looks, sharp though.

It's not just the trim materials, it's the tech, controls, and lighting....not to mention material quality, which are far better than any Fusion/Milan I've driven.

Gotcha. I've been in a Ford Escape before, but all I remember were exposed screws on the floor and in the door grabs. (Which my Fusion has too ...)

the interior doesnt look like a ford at all, are the LED's really purple?

I'd assume it's the same way on every product, but that's the Ambient Lighting, which has a button you can press to cycle through several different colors, including purple, blue, green, red, yellow (i think), and a few others. So yes, they are actually purple, but you can change their color as well.

Isn't it a little early for the winter floor mats?

Or did you (heaven forbid) inherit your sunny disposition and cheerful outlook from your Mom? :P

She told me that the dealer who traded the car forgot the floormats so they are being ordered. In the interim, she picked up some winter mats from Costco. She always had beige colored Lincolns, couldn't re-use the old ones ;) I don't think I'd ever buy a black interior, although this car combines both extremes. I prefer the Chashmere/Taupe/Stone...etc... colors best.

And yes, both of us are a royal pain in the ass! :P

As for Mercury and Canada, I think the only car you're really missing out on is the Mercury Milan which looks substantially different and more attractive than the Fusion (IMO). I also think the Sable is much better looking than the Taurus, especially in black (reminds me of the LS, I love that style!) The Mariner and Escape look roughly the same, but I do like the Mariner best.

The ambient lighting color can be changed, and there is a button on the center console for that purpose. You can also turn it off if you don't like it at all. The lights stay on continuously when the automatic lights kick in, it's not as bright as it appears in my photos. To get those pictures I had to set my camera on a tripod inside the car and keep the shutter open. If I'm really determined, I can bring the car over here again, set the camera up on long exposure, and rotate through the colors :) Purple just looked the most striking.

Sadly, the pictures you're seeing are very low res compared to their source, I figured most people were sick of the super-size pictures I kept posting.

Edited by BORG