buyouta

mikem12

thanks I understand but, I only have 2 years to get 30 and honestly I ain't walking out with anything less and I started in the trades I prefer to finish there. I don't have a problem with sticking it out till then. I would have taken it simply to rid myself of the witless wonders who run the place. It isn't over just yet, the committeeman said sign up anyway and make them say no.

I also heard, this morning, they are bringing 33 more Electricians in; not sure why, because they don't need half that many.

thanks again

Your in luck, seen the packages today and there were no provision's on Trades you would be right in line for 85% for 28 years but less than 30.

Your in luck, seen the packages today and there were no provision's on Trades you would be right in line for 85% for 28 years but less than 30.

agreed, the flyers don't say except certain trades.

I stopped in Laborville yesterday they said electricians and power house trades would not be offered buy outs at this time around.

agreed, the flyers don't say except certain trades.

I stopped in Laborville yesterday they said electricians and power house trades would not be offered buy outs at this time around.

RUMOR ALERT! Kansas City will be retooled to make smaller fuel efficient cars.Truck Production will move to DTP.

I understand cars are the future. The next problem is Escape will go away in two years to be replaced by the KUGA, which will be built in KY. So far I have heard of nothing to replace it or any car replacement for the truck.

I also heard any and all temp employees would be gone by 15 Nov.

Mike

Works for me! Cars are the future, like it or not.

you are asking the wrong guy, that is what I was told. However, I have also heard the twin cities plant has very few full timers there as well. We have a Supervisor to transferred here the entire plant is temps and outside contractors.

Why the hell does KCAP have TEMPS when full timers are laid off!!!!!!

I have 8 years seniority and am thinking of taking the 100k buyout. I plan to do some work for several companies for 6 months until I hire on with my future and hopefully final company. I will have a retirement 401k through that company and I have some money in tesphe as well. I understand that once I take the buyout I lose all the retirement benefits that I have accured so far with the company. So what I basically want to know is if that means I have absolutely nothing except for the TESPHE money? I mean do I still have social security and such? I do not understand this much and would like to get a little clearer view. I am only 30 years old so I will still have time to accure plenty of money at my new job toward retirement but I just wanted to know what I am looking at and what to look for. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

I was under the understanding if you take buyout,you still keep your vested time so once you hit a certain age you will still draw some from FORD..Correct me if I am wrong..

You are correct. As long as you are vested, you will retain your pension benefit, but you may not draw from this benefit for the 23 month allocation period post seperation on the 100K buyout.

if you take TESPH out of check....go to www.401k.com sign up and you can see if you are vested and if so how much you will draw at retirement age...and check balance on TESPH account...

I have an online account. Is that vested money mean the money I have in TESPHE? How do I know how much money I will recieve when I retire from Ford? Do I get any of the retirement that I have accured through the company or only what I invested myself through the tesphe account

Look under Pension Summary click on "United Auto Workers" it shows if you vested and how much you receive...plus you can change retirement dates to reflect 55 or any other age to find out how much you get if you retire before the age they have selected...

yeah I found it thanks general. So you are sure that is guaranteed even if I take the STEP buyout? Also is it possible after I get to a new job and a new retirement, can I just have the money completely withdrawn from my retirement so I can invest it, or am I stuck with the monthly amount that is listed?

Where did you come up with this, did you not realize Obama was never elected to the U.S. Senate until 2006 so that explains why he did not vote on that bill and when McCain was a co sponsor of this bill it was shot down by a Republican Congress after all there was never a change in power until after the 2006 midterm elections and this bill was introduced Jan 26, 2005 and was shot down Jul 28, 2005.

And as you say it's out there all you have to do is look it up. But you have to read it once you do and not just go by what you hear.

to clarify Obama was elected to the senate 11-2 -04 according to the internet.

Mike

You are correct. As long as you are vested, you will retain your pension benefit, but you may not draw from this benefit for the 23 month allocation period post seperation on the 100K buyout.

Where did you get this info? I was under the understanding that you voluntarily seperated all ties with the company when you take a buyout (seperation). Of course you keep all SS paid in, you earned it, probably wont be there when you retire though. Can you post where you found this out??? Makes no sense, you quit, wait, I'm 62 I want my pension! Again I would love to find this out for sure.

Where did you get this info? I was under the understanding that you voluntarily seperated all ties with the company when you take a buyout (seperation). Of course you keep all SS paid in, you earned it, probably wont be there when you retire though. Can you post where you found this out??? Makes no sense, you quit, wait, I'm 62 I want my pension! Again I would love to find this out for sure.

I called the hotline. And yes in fact I do keep my pension, you just cant retire on it for at least 23 months if you are that close. I only have 8 years in so I do not have a whole hell of a lot money but every little will help come retirement time. I have been 100% guaranteed of this info. by laborville and by the buyout hotline.

I called the hotline. And yes in fact I do keep my pension, you just cant retire on it for at least 23 months if you are that close. I only have 8 years in so I do not have a whole hell of a lot money but every little will help come retirement time. I have been 100% guaranteed of this info. by laborville and by the buyout hotline.

Yes your right, I got more info today, thanks, good luck.