The October Surprise

No_Fear

Seriously, if this was an actual issue, don't you think at this stage of the campaign the McCain camp wouldn't be ALL OVER IT? I mean it would basically be a guaranteed victory for McCain at this point in the race if any of this had any truth to it since his opponent would be forced to withdraw. The fact that the McCain camp is silent on this issue speaks volumes toward its validity.

Then if that's the case... What other kind of people are going to run for President in the future? People born in foreign countries that despise the U.S.?

If they are natural-born citizens of the U.S., it's their right to run, even if they hate us. Yes.

Edited by NickF1011

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Qualification met for presidency. The rest is irrelevant.

I read that and thought to myself that given what a short resume Obama really has, I can't help but think that would make the perfect campaign bumper sticker for Obama.

Barack Obama

Qualification met for the Presidency.

The Rest is Irrelevant.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I read that and thought to myself that given what a short resume Obama really has, I can't help but think that would make the perfect campaign bumper sticker for Obama.

Barack Obama

The Rest is Irrelevant.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

I guess that's him (the anointed one) sitting in the chair while his supporters bow down and getting ready to take it deep, wide and continuous!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Barack Obama

The Rest is Irrelevant.

Hey, I never said he was qualified to get my vote, but he's qualified to run for the office from a technical standpoint. I sure as hell am not voting for him, but it's not for the silly reasons I hear from wack-job conspiracy websites and youtube videos.

Hey, I never said he was qualified to get my vote, but he's qualified to run for the office from a technical standpoint. I sure as hell am not voting for him, but it's not for the silly reasons I hear from wack-job conspiracy websites and youtube videos.

touche...my sentiments EXACTLY....

I know. I just saw those words, and it struck me as funny.

I'm not following the other stuff myself. I just noticed (eating lunch) that this thread suddenly seemed to get a great deal longer, and wondered if it was becoming something similar to our discussion of "r" (Are we cool, No Fear?).

I know. I just saw those words, and it struck me as funny.

I'm not following the other stuff myself. I just noticed (eating lunch) that this thread suddenly seemed to get a great deal longer, and wondered if it was becoming something similar to our discussion of "r" (Are we cool, No Fear?).

The plot thickens:

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mr. Berg Goes to Washington

Today, should everything go according to plan, only five days after his federal lawsuit against Illinois Sen. Barack Obama was dismissed for lack of standing from the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, attorney Philip Berg will file his appeal in Philadelphia and, once it is docketed with the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, will travel to Washington, D.C. to file a Petition for Writ of Certiorari with the United States Supreme Court.

"Despite the setback we received on Friday," Berg said, "I feel as though we really do have momentum here. And, while this course of action may not be your standard fare, I think that we're too close to the election and too close to a constitutional crisis in America to not pursue this to the best of our ability."

The plot thickens:

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mr. Berg Goes to Washington

Today, should everything go according to plan, only five days after his federal lawsuit against Illinois Sen. Barack Obama was dismissed for lack of standing from the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, attorney Philip Berg will file his appeal in Philadelphia and, once it is docketed with the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, will travel to Washington, D.C. to file a Petition for Writ of Certiorari with the United States Supreme Court.

"Despite the setback we received on Friday," Berg said, "I feel as though we really do have momentum here. And, while this course of action may not be your standard fare, I think that we're too close to the election and too close to a constitutional crisis in America to not pursue this to the best of our ability."

so...my question...what if he is proved to be wrong about this whole premise? F'in attourneys.....

so...my question...what if he is proved to be wrong about this whole premise? F'in attourneys.....

This attorney is a registered Democrat and is filing this because of specific Constitutional requirements. Most likely specializing in Constitutional Law. I don't think that this has nothing to do with a personal political gripe of some sort. This is serious business.

And if the Democratic party helped in anyway by foistering this on the American public. Guess what... That's the end of the Democratic party right there because they'll be guilty as hell on numerous issues as well.

I can't wait until next week. Should be exciting. In fact... I think it'll make 2000 look like a walk in the park!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

This attorney is a registered Democrat and is filing this because of specific Constitutional requirements. I don't think that this has nothing to do with a personal political gripe of some sort. This is serious business.

And if the Democratic party helped in anyway by foistering this on the American public. Guess what... That's the end of the Democratic party right there because they'll be guilty as hell on numerous issues as well.

I can't wait until next week. Should be exciting. In fact... I think it'll make 2000 look like a walk in the park!

question...if he is proven wrong ( which in my mind he is ...and that conclusion comes from the McCain camp COMPLETELY ignoring it as a campaign weapon ) how will HE answer in terms of accountability? as far as i am concerned , frivilous lawsuits ( once again if proven to be ) should be punished.....

This attorney is a registered Democrat and is filing this because of specific Constitutional requirements. Most likely specializing in Constitutional Law. I don't think that this has nothing to do with a personal political gripe of some sort. This is serious business.

shhhh ( wonder how many recounts.....) exciting is an understatement, as is the comment about "walk in the park"....

question...if he is proven wrong ( which in my mind he is ...and that conclusion comes from the McCain camp COMPLETELY ignoring it as a campaign weapon ) how will HE answer in terms of accountability? as far as i am concerned , frivilous lawsuits ( once again if proven to be ) should be punished.....

First off does the McCain campaign know about this? I don't know and if they do. They are not saying anything until maybe this weekend at the earliest. Because more people will tune-in to pay attention to news programming because more people will be watching and catching up on the news THIS WEEKEND.

Secondly... The accountability answer is not in my hands so I can't give you an honest opinion. All I can say is that he is filing the lawsuit because he has a right to bring this issue up as a concerned citizen.

What is frivilous about this lawsuit? This raises a serious issue in general!

First off does the McCain campaign know about this? I don't know and if they do. They are not saying anything until maybe this weekend at the earliest. Because more people will tune-in to pay attention to news programming because more people will be watching and catching up on the news THIS WEEKEND.

Secondly... The accountability answer is not in my hands so I can't give you an honest opinion. All I can say is that he is filing the lawsuit because he has a right to bring this issue up as a concerned citizen.

What is frivilous about this lawsuit? This raises a serious issue in general!

to an extent i agree..however if he IS in fact proved to be mis-taken it IS frivilous...kind of the cart leading the horse ...BUT if so it should NOT go un-punished. McCain camp not wise to this...that I doubt completely....I also bet THEY investigated but found it worthless fodder....unless they feel they would rather fight Obama than Hillary....

I'm sure the McCain camp is very aware of it. They are actively ignoring it. They wouldn't be waiting for the weekend either. News viewership goes down on weekends. If they were going to do anything with it at all, they would have done so by now.

If you want my honest opinion about the whole thing...

Let's say Obama "is elected" He's President-Elect, that means he won't be able to be sworn in until January 20th we all know that.

Meanwhile, this issue all of a sudden gets vastly reported in the media and is decided in the Supreme Court. Then what will happen if the Supreme Court rules in Mr. Berg's favor?

Either Obama is forced to disqualify himself from taking office before January 20th. McCain wins by default. Or if this case is decided after that date. Biden (the Vice-President elect) will take office shortly thereafter. Am I right about this?

Then again... President Bush could come in and declare "a national emergency" which in effect will make this entire election moot because he can stay in office as long as he needs to. I said in other topics about executive orders past Presidents have signed, and considering that this is a "constitutional crisis" therefore it would qualify as a "national emergency" in addition to any potential issues involving societal and economic issues as well.

Is this by design? Is this a conspiracy? Is this already pre-planned? Who knows! That's up to you people to decide between yourselves!

If you want my honest opinion about the whole thing...

Let's say Obama "is elected" He's President-Elect, that means he won't be able to be sworn in until January 20th we all know that.

Meanwhile, this issue all of a sudden gets vastly reported in the media and is decided in the Supreme Court. Then what will happen if the Supreme Court rules in Mr. Berg's favor?

Either Obama is forced to disqualify himself from taking office before January 20th. McCain wins by default. Or if this case is decided after that date. Biden (the Vice-President elect) will take office shortly thereafter. Am I right about this?

Then again... President Bush could come in and declare "a national emergency" which in effect will make this entire election moot because he can stay in office as long as he needs to. I said in other topics about executive orders past Presidents have signed, and considering that this is a "constitutional crisis" therefore it would qualify as a "national emergency" in addition to any potential issues involving societal and economic issues as well.

Is this by design? Is this a conspiracy? Is this already pre-planned? Who knows! That's up to you people to decide between yourselves!

Thats a Spicy A Conspricy theory.....and the intrigue continues...

OBAMA MUST STAND UP NOW OR STEP DOWN

The very best read on the Berg Lawsuit.

http://newswithviews.com/Vieira/edwin84.htm

About the author:

Edwin Vieira, Jr., holds four degrees from Harvard: A.B. (Harvard College), A.M. and Ph.D. (Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences), and J.D. (Harvard Law School).

For more than thirty years he has practiced law, with emphasis on constitutional issues. In the Supreme Court of the United States he successfully argued or briefed the cases leading to the landmark decisions Abood v. Detroit Board of Education, Chicago Teachers Union v. Hudson, and Communications Workers of America v. Beck, which established constitutional and statutory limitations on the uses to which labor unions, in both the private and the public sectors, may apply fees extracted from nonunion workers as a condition of their employment.

He has written numerous monographs and articles in scholarly journals, and lectured throughout the county. His most recent work on money and banking is the two-volume Pieces of Eight: The Monetary Powers and Disabilities of the United States Constitution (2002), the most comprehensive study in existence of American monetary law and history viewed from a constitutional perspective. www.piecesofeight.us

He is also the co-author (under a nom de plume) of the political novel CRA$HMAKER: A Federal Affaire (2000), a not-so-fictional story of an engineered crash of the Federal Reserve System, and the political upheaval it causes. www.crashmaker.com

His latest book is: "How To Dethrone the Imperial Judiciary" ... and Constitutional "Homeland Security," Volume One, The Nation in Arms...

This Berg guy is obviously no neophyte when it comes to law/constitution etc. I wouldn't dismiss him so easily or casually. Even if he does have a personal axe to grind, he is in the perfect position to do something about it. Kind of like the pissed off mechanic knows the best way to screw your car without anybody being able to check or verify it.

Car failed the safety check because one tire had 1/64th too little tread in one spot on one tire. (even though every tire was meticulously checked until an issue was found, an issue was still found) Book says X amount of tread depth and this car failed due to the one spot on one tire.

Same idea, a lawyer dug around until he found the "issue" he was looking for. Got one, now he's out.