Buyout with Dec. Elegibility

arty0021

yes you will get your vac and personal time...... i took the buyout effective nov. 1 and i'll get 11/12's of all vac and personal time i have ACCRUED .......i also have dec eligibility.... you will also get your christmas bonus

I was told by labor (@DTP) that you don't accrue personal or vacation time during the year. I also have Dec eligibility and took the buyout as of Sept.22, went to get my check on Oct.13 and asked about vac & pers. time. Got a big "SORRY, but you do get x-mas bonus." Went to talk to Nick and am still waiting for his call back, he had to talk to some people and find out. If you have documentation of this I would love a copy, I really do hope you are right. Good luck

Got a big "SORRY, but you do get x-mas bonus." Went to talk to Nick and am still waiting for his call back, he had to talk to some people and find out. If you have documentation of this I would love a copy, I really do hope you are right. Good luck

This is from the letters of understanding regarding Christmas Bonus page 357 in volume IV of the 2007 contract.

B. an eligible employee is defined as:

1: one who has seniority AS OF the following eligibility dates:

Monday November 19 2007

Monday November 17 2008

Monday November 16 2009

Monday November 15 2010, respectively AND

2. who has worked at least thirteen(13) pay periods in the fifty two(52) pay periods immediately preceding the pay period in which each eligibility date falls (the Christmas Bonus eligibility year).

So In short you should not get a Christmas bonus because you will not be an eligible employee according to the contract for this years Christmas Bonus since you left September 22 and not after November 17 th.

Sorry but my reading of the contract says no Christmas Bonus for you, sorry If thats not what ya wanted to hear but thats contract.

I do however wish you the best in life after Ford.

*edit* added the bold type to 3 key words with regards to eligibility requirements for the Christmas Bonus

Edited by lquidspine

If I decide to take a buyout package and leave the company as of Dec.1, do I still get all personal time and vacation time paid as a lump sum that I normally would have received with having dec. elegibility?

arty If my calculations are correct as long as you have 32 weeks on active rolls basically 1,280 hours worked during the year preceding you eligible date you will receive full vacation and personal time in form of a check.

If you have less than that you may be subject to half you personal and vacation please refer to page 122 through 125 in the 2007 contract Volume I for any other questions you may have.

arty If my calculations are correct as long as you have 32 weeks on active rolls basically 1,280 hours worked during the year preceding you eligible date you will receive full vacation and personal time in form of a check.

If you have less than that you may be subject to half you personal and vacation please refer to page 122 through 125 in the 2007 contract Volume I for any other questions you may have.

How long has it been taking people to get their buyout checks? I want mine after the new year, and was hoping that since it is effective dec 1. that it will still take the 4-6 weeks they say it will. Does anyone know how long it has been taking?

You do get your Christmas Bonus!! The keywords in the contract are employees having seniority as of those dates. Not actually being at the plant as of those dates. My dad retired on June 1 and still received his Christmas Bonus and his other time he accrued up to that point.

You do get your Christmas Bonus!! The keywords in the contract are employees having seniority as of those dates. Not actually being at the plant as of those dates. My dad retired on June 1 and still received his Christmas Bonus and his other time he accrued up to that point.

Keyword there is he retired , if you are not retiring then by taking a buy out you basically quit the company.

Please refer to article VIII section 5 page 74 in volume I of the 2007 contract.

If his release date was September 22 2008, it is kind of hard to be a seniority employee on the 17th of November.

Edited by lquidspine

How long has it been taking people to get their buyout checks? I want mine after the new year, and was hoping that since it is effective dec 1. that it will still take the 4-6 weeks they say it will. Does anyone know how long it has been taking?

From what I have been told once by the DEFTP Chairman, that people can elect to have there checks processed effective December 15th. If you do that My old chairman said that those people would not receive there check until after the new year so it would not count on this years tax return.

I highly recommend talking to your local reps and benefit rep about this If that it what you are looking for, downside is ya wait longer for your check ; upside is the buy out money wont be counted on your 2008 taxes.

Sorry but my reading of the contract says no Christmas Bonus for you, sorry If thats not what ya wanted to hear but thats contract.

I do however wish you the best in life after Ford.

lquid- It is what it is, if i get it i get, if I don't I don't. I have no hard feelings either way. But maybe you can answer a question, I got a call from Nick today, he said i would get all of my vacation time but none of my personal time. Sounds fishy, but okay. Whats your take on that?

lquid- It is what it is, if i get it i get, if I don't I don't. I have no hard feelings either way. But maybe you can answer a question, I got a call from Nick today, he said i would get all of my vacation time but none of my personal time. Sounds fishy, but okay. Whats your take on that?

My take is call Jerry Sullivan on Monday, Excused Absence pay eligibility from everything I have read is treated the same as Vacation pay.

I will give a personal example; in 99 I was out due to ACL surgery I was out a total of 6 months I assumed I would get a reduction in my excused and vacation pay , but however I was wrong due to the fact that I worked so much overtime within the year I still got my full vacation and excused absence pay the following year.

Seems pretty odd Nick should know better, but If you are December eligible you should have more than likely been on active rolls for 32 weeks (or 1,280 hours worked) withing the eligibility requirements. The only way I can see this not being true is if you where on medical for an extended amount of time or on some other leave of absence that cause you not to be on active rolls or acquire the amount of hours required to be eligible for the excused absence payment.

Referring to the Christmas bonus who knows maybe I am wrong but the way i read the contract if ya leave before November 17th you should not be eligible for the Christmas Bonus, I know you said no hard feelings but If you do get it and I am wrong please let me know I am simply going by how I read the contract.

Again Make sure you get ahold of a local rep because you not receiving excused absence payment just does not honestly seem right to me.

My take is call Jerry Sullivan on Monday, Excused Absence pay eligibility from everything I have read is treated the same as Vacation pay.

I will give a personal example; in 99 I was out due to ACL surgery I was out a total of 6 months I assumed I would get a reduction in my excused and vacation pay , but however I was wrong due to the fact that I worked so much overtime within the year I still got my full vacation and excused absence pay the following year.

Seems pretty odd Nick should know better, but If you are December eligible you should have more than likely been on active rolls for 32 weeks (or 1,280 hours worked) withing the eligibility requirements. The only way I can see this not being true is if you where on medical for an extended amount of time or on some other leave of absence that cause you not to be on active rolls or acquire the amount of hours required to be eligible for the excused absence payment.

Referring to the Christmas bonus who knows maybe I am wrong but the way i read the contract if ya leave before November 17th you should not be eligible for the Christmas Bonus, I know you said no hard feelings but If you do get it and I am wrong please let me know I am simply going by how I read the contract.

Again Make sure you get ahold of a local rep because you not receiving excused absence payment just does not honestly seem right to me.

in reply to all concerning this thread....when taking a buyout pkg. you will get all of the paid time you have coming from last year and ALL you aquired this year in one check and in addtion you will ALSO get the x-mas bonus check . I retired in july and got all of this...you'll probably get your paid time money approx.2/3 wks.after leaving and then get your 1st pension chk. 6/8 wks.after you leave(for 3months)...the bonus check will follow that shortly thereafter. You will get this as stated...all of us who left in july each received our money in this manner.(I also had december eligibility)......in addition you will also get a portion of the 3% bonus check next sept....we who retired in july got ours this time for time worked from sept.'07 to july'08. this is what you'll recieve....those who I know who retired in may/june also got their money in this manner.

Edited by macattack

in reply to all concerning this thread....when taking a buyout pkg. you will get all of the vac.time you have coming from last year and ALL you aquired this year in one check and in addtion you will ALSO get the x-mas bonus check . I retired in july and got all of this...you'll probably get your vac.money approx.2/3 wks.after leaving and then get your 1st pension chk. 6/8 wks.after you leave(for 3months)...the bonus check will follow that shortly thereafter. You will get this as stated...all of us who left in july each received our money in this manner.(I also had december eligibility)......in addition you will also get a portion of the 3% bonus check next sept....we who retired in july got ours this time for time worked from sept.'07 to july'08. this is what you'll recieve.

By the end of the year Mac Ill be prov-en right or wrong, but the way i read the contract is if you take a buy out ( not a early retirement package ) It should be treated the same as quiting the company. Retiree's did not quit the company they simply retired, so therefore entitled to whatever your eligibility gets you , however when you take the 100k buy out you sever all ties with the company.

Again time will prove me right or wrong but so far no one that has left the company besides retiring has come here to prove otherwise, so until someone does I will believe what i read in the contract is right.

Edited by lquidspine

By the end of the year Mac Ill be prov-en right or wrong, but the way i read the contract is if you take a buy out ( not a early retirement package ) It should be treated the same as quiting the company. Retiree's did not quit the company they simply retired, so therefore entitled to whatever your eligibility gets you , however when you take the 100k buy out you sever all ties with the company.

Again time will prove me right or wrong but so far no one that has left the company besides retiring has come here to prove otherwise, so until someone does I will believe what i read in the contract is right.

there could indeed be a difference and as you say only time will tell I'm only at liberty to explain how I was treated upon my departure.(which I might say I truly endorse to those who can take it...although it's been only since july it's been beyond my expectations)my best to all of you.

Edited by macattack

You could get it if you retire, ERPI, FEDOPP (if also retirement elig.), FSP, ESTEP, SER, SER Plus, EDOPP (if also retirement elig.), or ESTEP (and have all the other eligibility stuff mentioned in the other posts -- like being onroll on Nov 17 for the XMas bonus, and having the 32 weeks, etc.). You don't if you take STEP, EDOPP (non-retirement) or FEDOPP (non-retirement).

We also have a flyer here that says "DID YOU KNOW... Due to payroll processing and administrative requirements, employees who retire or otherwise terminate employment effective December 1, 2008 on a Special Program or Special Incentive that provides a lump-sum payment will not receive their payment until early 2009. As a result, the payment for employees who retire or terminate effective December 1, 2008 will be treated as 2009 (rather than 2008) income for tax purposes."

You could get it if you retire, ERPI, FEDOPP (if also retirement elig.), FSP, ESTEP, SER, SER Plus, EDOPP (if also retirement elig.), or ESTEP (and have all the other eligibility stuff mentioned in the other posts -- like being onroll on Nov 17 for the XMas bonus, and having the 32 weeks, etc.). You don't if you take STEP, EDOPP (non-retirement) or FEDOPP (non-retirement).

We also have a flyer here that says "DID YOU KNOW... Due to payroll processing and administrative requirements, employees who retire or otherwise terminate employment effective December 1, 2008 on a Special Program or Special Incentive that provides a lump-sum payment will not receive their payment until early 2009. As a result, the payment for employees who retire or terminate effective December 1, 2008 will be treated as 2009 (rather than 2008) income for tax purposes."

If you take the retirement incentive, than your incentive is not taxed as a bonus. It is taxed at the 20% rate. It is not identified as income. It is paid out as an annuity. That is the way that this is done. As for vacation and paid personal time: if you are leaving under a RETIREMENT package, than you will receive your earned vacation and personal time. If you leave under a seperation package (STEP, EDOPP, FEDOPP. TRIP) you will not receive any of your earned time. Your last day of work could be 11/30/08 and you would not have any accrued time on 12/1/08. It sucks, but that is the way it is.