Ford plans to add 1,000 workers at F-150 factory

joihan777

DEARBORN, Mich. -- Ford Motor Co. is predicting pickup truck sales will bounce back enough for it to add 1,000 workers to its Dearborn F-150 factory in January.

The company celebrated the manufacturing launch of a new version of the truck Thursday and announced that it will restore a third shift to the plant.

Ford spokeswoman Angie Kozleski said the additional workers will come from those laid off earlier this year at many Ford plants when.........

AP-Flint Journal Article

DEARBORN, Mich. -- Ford Motor Co. is predicting pickup truck sales will bounce back enough for it to add 1,000 workers to its Dearborn F-150 factory in January.

The company celebrated the manufacturing launch of a new version of the truck Thursday and announced that it will restore a third shift to the plant.

Ford spokeswoman Angie Kozleski said the additional workers will come from those laid off earlier this year at many Ford plants when.........

AP-Flint Journal Article

Well, gas is $2, which is a good sign, so it might sell better, but unemployment is getting worse, so I am not sure how much of an increase the trucks will see. I just read the fusion plant will be down for all of January for inventory adjustment....

Well, the new model offers better mpg and other features. The point is, a lot of fleet users will look forward to turning their fleets over as fast as budget allows for the economy savings.

Lower gas prices also raise pickup residual values making it easier for someone to trade used pickup for new one. There should be some pent up demand from the summer when used truck prices fell like rock making it unaffordable to trade in used one.

I went to a local Ford dealer about an hour ago to check out the F-150 situation and things look promising. The lot had a good amount of traffic. Of those looking at F-150s, there were 4 current F-150 owners and 2 Silverado owners there, not counting myself.

This particular Ford dealer had countless rows of 2008 F-150s on the lot about a month ago, but today it is down to 1 row.

I went to a local Ford dealer about an hour ago to check out the F-150 situation and things look promising. The lot had a good amount of traffic. Of those looking at F-150s, there were 4 current F-150 owners and 2 Silverado owners there, not counting myself.

This particular Ford dealer had countless rows of 2008 F-150s on the lot about a month ago, but today it is down to 1 row.

Sounds similar to my dealer. Unfortunately, they only have 2 '09 F-150s: an XL and XLT. But like your dealer, they had several rows a month or so ago, but now only a row, and many of that row are those ones with the stripes (can't think of or find a picture of what model I'm talking about).