WAP won't be adding a 3 shift?

MTPwife

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fine we'll do work available, but WAP people better sign up for DTP or Woodhaven because we are coming over. Look up the 15,10,6 because that is one thing we are going to push. Thats why they opened up the postings to WAP & ISA besides MTP. Think about it. Why would they offer WAP & ISA to go to DTP & Woodhaven if that wasn't going to happen. So if you have 15 yrs or less your going bye bye, and we will get the preferred jobs that way. So when we get back to MTP after retooling you'll have recall rights @ work available. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: And by the way the majority of the people @ MTP have 1988 senority.

What I think people are missing is after today there is no more mtp! I keep hearing retooling a lot! But retooling for what? The focus maybe? Will the plant be called the mt/wa focus plant? It will be the new wap! So how can anyone have recall rights to something that won't be there?

I do know the bump rules and to add have enough time that I need not worry. I wonder why and where you get the figure 15 years in wap will be out? There are only so many low sinority people at wap that if there would be a bump the highest people from mtp would bump the lowest from wap.there is a big group of low sinority but after that its like 15 and up. It comes to a point where mtp can't bump no more. Its good you have hope tho. If it ever came to a bump. Just think your looking at it one sided and not fully through. Cause if 15 and under were to be out at wap same would be true for former mtp people!

The new plant will be the Michigan Assembly Plant. It will build 3 European cars and another American car and will be capable to build up to 10 different cars. MTP employees are excercising the 10,6,15 agreement or whatever it is to bump to WAP. Word at MTP as we were leaving is 98 seniority and lower will be bumped out. A letter given out today said everyone at MTP not leaving for other plants will fall under this agreement. Again, this is Ford Motor Co. so take that for what it is worth.

What I think people are missing is after today there is no more mtp! I keep hearing retooling a lot! But retooling for what? The focus maybe? Will the plant be called the mt/wa focus plant? It will be the new wap! So how can anyone have recall rights to something that won't be there?

I was just in labor signing RTBU papers and I was told I had to put MTP as my home plant not WAP. WE ARE NOT CLOSING, just because it said Truck on the sign dosen't mean you can't build cars. And if you watched any of the town hall meetings with Mallully or even on national TV he states RETOOLING !!! We (MTP) are getting the new european Focus not that thing your building now. I guess the 2 chairman will have to battle this out. :shades:

OPPS sorry thats the Generals emotion,

well i just hope everyone gets placed some where and still draws a paycheck. no matter what the new assembly plant is called or even produces. so many rumors from people who dont know shit , just hear say. i talk to people from VO and what they say sounds good but never happens. i hope everybody has a safe turkey day!!!!!

Does it really matter what the plant is called and who has recall rights??? At least the majority of us at Local 900 still have jobs. I worked at MTP and was sent to WAP April of 2007, and I'm happy to see some of my old comrades coming over. This place is Heaven compared to MTP. We have been told by union and bosses alike that the transferring over of MTP workers will be a slow process. As I understand it, 200 will go to ISA as soon as next week and bump out the 120 temps plus the buyouts/transfer employees working there. These MTPers will be the highest seniority from MTP and the rest will bump out others according to the contract at WAP. With this being said, we have around 90 temps at WAP, and 82 others took the buyout. This leaves roughly 600 MTPers left and there is not 600 WAP workers to bump out since the 15,10,6 rule has to be followed. They will take the highest from MTP and start bumping out the lowest from WAP. Once the under 10 are gone( which there are a lot) not many will be bumped from the 15-11 year range. Anyway, take it for what its worth and good luck to all.

Does it really matter what the plant is called and who has recall rights??? At least the majority of us at Local 900 still have jobs. I worked at MTP and was sent to WAP April of 2007, and I'm happy to see some of my old comrades coming over. This place is Heaven compared to MTP. We have been told by union and bosses alike that the transferring over of MTP workers will be a slow process. As I understand it, 200 will go to ISA as soon as next week and bump out the 120 temps plus the buyouts/transfer employees working there. These MTPers will be the highest seniority from MTP and the rest will bump out others according to the contract at WAP. With this being said, we have around 90 temps at WAP, and 82 others took the buyout. This leaves roughly 600 MTPers left and there is not 600 WAP workers to bump out since the 15,10,6 rule has to be followed. They will take the highest from MTP and start bumping out the lowest from WAP. Once the under 10 are gone( which there are a lot) not many will be bumped from the 15-11 year range. Anyway, take it for what its worth and good luck to all.

Poet said under the agreement and what has been discussed with Bob King everyone at MTP who did not sign up for another plant posting will make it over to WAP.