WAP won't be adding a 3 shift?

MTPwife

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looks like they have a handfull of high 88 and better then theres a large group of 93 then the rest are all low like 96 and lower to 2002.

So are you saying that July of 96 could be gone? Just wondering? I had heard that '99 and less would be gone.

Edited by Emigh

Can someone explain what the 6,10,15 agreement is?

Yes, if you have more than 6 years in, you can bump someone with less than 6 years ... and so on.

So if, for instance, you have 9 years in, you can only bump someone with less than 6 years.

BTW, I hope it was just bad timing, but the day after the sign-up sheet came down to transfer

to KTP, they announced in the bulletin that WAP's 3rd shift was cancelled. I think only 28 or so people

signed up.

In the local agreement on page 53

Michigander, the section of the agreement that you are talking about is on p.58-59 in the local agreement. Employees with 15 or more years seniority will be allowed to displace employees with less than 15 years seniority. Employees with 10 or more years seniority, but less that 15 years will be allowed to displace employees with less than 10 years seniority. Employees with 6 or more years seniority, but less than 10 years, will be allowed to displace employees with less than 6 years seniority.

At risk of losing their job??? :censored: Your son might have heard what you say, But everyone in there hears something everyday. What you want to believe and who you believe is up to you. It would take alot more than 1,000 MTP to bump out up to 15years of senority in WAP. I dont know how it is with in the same local? but I do believe there is a 5 to 1 bump rule??? You can worry yourself to death in there if you wanted to! Untill it's in black and white........ NO ONE KNOWS!!!!

Wanna hear what I heard?

DTP is opening a 3rd shift and thats where most MTP will be placed. WAP is only accepting MTP people with jobs available in WAP. WAP cancelled their 3rd shift ideas again saying it wasn't economical to open a 3rd shift. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I do believe it's the MTP right to bump into WAP "if" they have the time. :censored: But saying that, I dont think it's right for WAP to open a 3rd shift just to get the MTP into WAP when WAP knows now isnt a good time to open a 3rd shift. :banghead: Then when the MTP are let into WAP the company says"Oh the 3rd shift isn't gonna work out" then lay off all WAP people to keep the MTP people is WRONG! :finger::banghead::finger:

One thing I have always noticed which is a whole new can of worms is: The MTP has always been the money maker. People at MTP were always on over-time and getting use to those big over-time checks. Never heard a peep from MTP when times were good! :boring: :boring: Now that times are hard or even when they got got for that matter and over time wasn't there I never heard so much BS and whinning! :redcard::ohsnap::redcard: WAP during any amount of down-time never got the chance to work through it at the MTP? MTP always get to go to WAP but NEVER the other way arround? WHY'S THAT?

To me thats where they laid their beds. Thats where they can stay or in the gen bank till they can be placed. Is what I think will happen

Here is something to ponder. So if WAP isn't putting on a third shift and MTP is idled for retooling and not closed that mean MTP'ers will have first recall rights to there current jobs @ MTP and WAP people will have to post for jobs or work available. Sounds to me that the shoe is on the other foot now. :shades:

Here is something to ponder. So if WAP isn't putting on a third shift and MTP is idled for retooling and not closed that mean MTP'ers will have first recall rights to there current jobs @ MTP and WAP people will have to post for jobs or work available. Sounds to me that the shoe is on the other foot now. :shades:

Sorry, I also have heard that MTP will be going to Dearborn. :happy feet:

during any amount of down-time never got the chance to work through it at the MTP? MTP always get to go to WAP but NEVER the other way arround? WHY'S THAT?

To me thats where they laid their beds. Thats where they can stay or in the gen bank till they can be placed. Is what I think will happen

I take it you have less that 10yrs senority, and don't understand the local agreement and why being able to bump to either plant during slow times is there. Talk to some of the older people with senority, and ask them about the late 70's and early 80's and the layoffs. ITS ALL ABOUT SENORITY !!!!!!! If you don't respect SENORITY then go work @ Walmart. Also in early 2000's yes MTP was working 3 crews and people came over from WAP. But your down time wasn't any extended amount of time either say like 12 to 18 months it all was a week here week there. If you don't like the way the local contract reads then make the meetings find out whats going on and make your voice heard.