Too many CUV's coming out

foxrun

Mostly just a lot of whining. :violin:

If Ford has more time they will be a great success?

They don't have the luxury of time. They need results now.

And the new product they need is not in the pipeline.

Send Bill back to the Lions.

Do you realisticly think Bill Ford should be given another 10 years after looking at the results so far?

And profit is Ford Motor Companies strength? :titanic:

Fact is Ford is in serious trouble.

Nothing in the pipeline?

3.5 V6

D3 revamp

Edge/MKX

MKZ

6.4 Powerstroke

D3 "people movers"

MKS

Hurricane V8's

And that's all within the next 24 months. I'd consider that well within the "pipeline". It's not here TODAY, correct, but it WILL be here soon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing in the pipeline?

3.5 V6

D3 revamp

Edge/MKX

MKZ

6.4 Powerstroke

D3 "people movers"

MKS

Hurricane V8's

And that's all within the next 24 months. I'd consider that well within the "pipeline". It's not here TODAY, correct, but it WILL be here soon.

And Toyota already has the 3.5l in the new Camry.

D3 revamp. Facelift for a unpopular product. Little help there.

Edge/MKX. Probably a good product in a very competitive market slot. Don't bet the farm on that one.

MKZ :boring:

6.4 powerstroke. Whoopi!! We have a new diesel. GM already has this out. GM to introduce new pickups as is Toyota. BIG problem for Ford.

D3 people mover. And no minivan. It's a wash at best.

Hurricane V8? See if Fields can get that out in 2 years. Won't be easy or likely. (might be able to build quickly at Essex Engine on existing equipment) Or buy parts from outside sources and assemble engines.

Other than that not likely in 2 years. (in any kind of volume)

If Fields is not a saviour this company is in big trouble.

See, the big difference between you and the rest of us here, is that we try to see success and progress............... no matter how small................ in what is currently happening at Ford. You, on the other hand, persist in finding fault and stupidity in everything. Your pretty much a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. You expect change to happen overnight.............. as do many Americans, without really thinking about how that change has to come about. In other words, you do not operate in reality............. as most of us know things will take time............ and probably a lot more than any of us want it to take.

That said, I will not debate with you, as debate "assumes" intelligent conversation on both sides. Plus, everyone here already knows what you are going to say. It certainly isn't like you offer anything new.

Are you one of the Ford management diversity candidates who has been moved up way over your head because you are a female? You always here this, be positive and everything will get better from Fords' inept management.

Sorry, honey, but pretending everything is fine when it is not will not fix Fords' problems. Fixing the problems will require action not the excuses you are providing.

Mostly just a lot of whining. :violin:

If Ford has more time they will be a great success?

They don't have the luxury of time. They need results now.

And the new product they need is not in the pipeline.

Send Bill back to the Lions.

Do you realisticly think Bill Ford should be given another 10 years after looking at the results so far?

And profit is Ford Motor Companies strength? :titanic:

Fact is Ford is in serious trouble.

Bottom line is profit. The American based companies are all in trouble but out of the 2 1/2, Ford made the most moeny last year. That's all that matters. GM lost $10billion, DCX made $600million, and Ford........$2billion. All the other speculation and bitching is meaningless. Ford still has a long way to go to compete with the best in the world in terms of profitability (Nissan and Toyota) but they are making progress.

FYI - Fusion sales will exceed 11K this month. Another month over month increase.

And Toyota already has the 3.5l in the new Camry.

D3 revamp. Facelift for a unpopular product. Little help there.

Edge/MKX. Probably a good product in a very competitive market slot. Don't bet the farm on that one.

MKZ :boring:

6.4 powerstroke. Whoopi!! We have a new diesel. GM already has this out. GM to introduce new pickups as is Toyota. BIG problem for Ford.

D3 people mover. And no minivan. It's a wash at best.

Hurricane V8? See if Fields can get that out in 2 years. Won't be easy or likely. (might be able to build quickly at Essex Engine on existing equipment) Or buy parts from outside sources and assemble engines.

Other than that not likely in 2 years. (in any kind of volume)

If Fields is not a saviour this company is in big trouble.

Your attitude seems to be "well, somebody else already has it, why should Ford bother?"

Yes, Ford is playing catch up right now. Nobody will argue that. By your measure, Ford should just pack it in and stop trying instead of CATCHING UP.

Yes, Toyota already has the 3.5 in the Camry. The 3.5 in the D3's and Edge/MKX is where it's going to be more important. Or are we forgetting that most Camry sales are still 4 cylinders?

The new D3's will do WELL with the 3.5 and a slightly bolder appearance. We already know you hate them, so nothing done will be good enough to please you. And well, if the D3's are "unpopular", then I guess so is the Mustang. The D3's are outselling it. It's not burning up the sales charts, but it is consistent and will only fare better with the '08 improvements.

MKZ boring? It's will be competitive on every level for its price point. Sure, it's not a RWD sport sedan, but neither are the ES330 or Acura TL. (The cars the MKZ is competing with, or did you forget that?)

I agree Ford needs a minivan, but if they can carve out their own niche with the D3 "people-mover", it will just be a plus.

And I still don't see the new Toyota pickups as being any real threat to the Big 3. The 6.4 powerstroke will offer up something to the market where Toyota and Nissan still refuse to compete: 1-Ton trucks. Let us also not forget about the 4.4 Powerstroke apparently being planned for the '08 F-150. That will be a FIRST in the industry and should prove to be VERY popular.

I'm not too confident about the Hurricane being ready in 2 years either, but at least they've blown the dust off the project again.

Are you one of the Ford management diversity candidates who has been moved up way over your head because you are a female? You always here this, be positive and everything will get better from Fords' inept management.

Sorry, honey, but pretending everything is fine when it is not will not fix Fords' problems. Fixing the problems will require action not the excuses you are providing.

Whats wrong "honey," are you getting a little pissed because some silly ol girl can out talk you on cars??? Instead, all you can do is sit there with your testosterone indigestion and try to think of "intelligent" ways of putting me down.

Ahhhhh, poor you.

You crack me up.............. anyone who isn't a Ford sucks "cheerleader," works for the company............... and in my case, only because I have internal plumbing. I have news for you............ most on this site do not work for Ford. Most of us actually have a brain that we use regularly, instead of resorting to the same........... boring........... anti-Ford rhetoric............ over............... and over.............. and over................ and ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But you must be right, I'm sure that there is a booming automotive manufacturing industry............ in Payson, AZ.

What a tool.

Now, if you would like, I can set out on the net and find you some nice Toyota websites to visit. Hell, maybe if I show a little leg, I can even get you in the VIP section. :rolleyes:

Whats wrong "honey," are you getting a little pissed because some silly ol girl can out talk you on cars??? Instead, all you can do is sit there with your testosterone indigestion and try to think of "intelligent" ways of putting me down.

Ahhhhh, poor you.

You crack me up.............. anyone who isn't a Ford sucks "cheerleader," works for the company............... and in my case, only because I have internal plumbing. I have news for you............ most on this site do not work for Ford. Most of us actually have a brain that we use regularly, instead of resorting to the same........... boring........... anti-Ford rhetoric............ over............... and over.............. and over................ and ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But you must be right, I'm sure that there is a booming automotive manufacturing industry............ in Payson, AZ.

What a tool.

Now, if you would like, I can set out on the net and find you some nice Toyota websites to visit. Hell, maybe if I show a little leg, I can even get you in the VIP section. :rolleyes:

:hysterical:

Ahhhhh, poor you.

What a tool.

I still have yet to see you offer anything concrete as to why the glass is half full?

I get all the lame sarcasm but never any facts backing up your position that Ford is on the "Way Forward".

Closing plants and dropping successful product does not seem to be the "Way Forward".

What exactly is propelling Ford forward? (what product?)

A real answer without all the long winded irrelevant crap.

Edited by Bluecon

I still have yet to see you offer anything concrete as to why the glass is half full?

I get all the lame sarcasm but never any facts backing up your position that Ford is on the "Way Forward".

Closing plants and dropping successful product does not seem to be the "Way Forward".

What exactly is propelling Ford forward? (what product?)

A real answer without all the long winded irrelevant crap.

Jackass, none of us have any more facts on Ford's Way Forward than you do, so what do you expect us to say? We don't have trade secrets, we don't have inside information. We're OPTIMISTIC simply because we LIKE FORD MOTOR COMPANY. Just like you have a hard-on for DCX. Get over it. Go to some other forum if you don't like the fact that we're actually rooting for a company we like, regardless of how well it's doing.

Jackass, none of us have any more facts on Ford's Way Forward than you do, so what do you expect us to say? We don't have trade secrets, we don't have inside information. We're OPTIMISTIC simply because we LIKE FORD MOTOR COMPANY. Just like you have a hard-on for DCX. Get over it. Go to some other forum if you don't like the fact that we're actually rooting for a company we like, regardless of how well it's doing.

When did this become an I love Ford site and other opinions will not be tolerated? :cry:

How could anybody be so stupid to think that Ford has been well managed under Bill Ford? :titanic:

I am not anti-Ford. I am anti bad Ford management. (although Fields has not had enough time

to show what he can do)

This is a great American company being destroyed by inept management and taking a lot of innocent people with them.

When did this become an I love Ford site and other opinions will not be tolerated? :cry:

Yeah, because everyone around here agrees 100% that Ford's management makes correct decisions all the time. :rolleyes:

Problem is finding anything and everything to complain about, like why the Edge is being advertised, appears to the issue at hand. I'm all for constructive criticism, but I fail to see what's constructive about calling Ford management out on why they haven't announced how many units they plan on moving of a vehicle that isn't in production yet. All for what? Is volume supposed to right Ford's financial hardships, allowing them to create more product appealing to niche markets?