Ford's Plan: Speed Green Car Launches: WSJ

:hysterical:

Like two loose ends of a wire fastened to a circuit breaker?

I bought a used 220v A/C that a guy had installed in his trailer. Trailer didn't have any 220 outlets, and he being well, lazy, just stuck the A/C in the window closest to the breaker panel, popped the door off the breaker panel, cut the plug off the A/C, and fastened the A/C right to a 220 breaker.

Now we know why people have electrical fires.

Of all things they could be spending money on to speed the launch; like new mustang powertrains, new F-150 powertrains, ecoboost, etc

The way I see it

- They expect to sell a lot more of them than I think they will, presumably because of some tech change or proposed government subsidy I don't know about

- Ford feels pretty confident about its future

- they're appeasing the political sentiments of congress.

Yeah, but the 100 mile range wouldn't.

Those guys'd be going through taxis like Kleenex during a shift. Typical cab gets 100k miles put on it in a single year. That's 1,000 charges, or close to three charges a day.

of course a Hybrid version would be available as well.

of course a Hybrid version would be available as well.

Well, I don't know that a hybrid Transit Connect would do that much better than an Escape hybrid in functionality (interior space), or economy (probably weigh about the same), so I don't know that it would pay to turn the Transit Connect into a hybrid.

Probably better off waiting until Ford gets the 'powerpack' hybrid realized.

Plug-in hybrids for taxis wouldn't work all that great, IMO, because of the length of the shifts. More than a few cars are driven 2 out of 3 shifts in any given day.