2007 Nissan Altima

BORG

c'mon, guys. it's not just the button that makes us feminine...it's the idea that we have to have our hand held for every possible task.

each one of these things in and of itself isn't the problem. it's all of these things together that are really starting to make us look pretty damn lazy, all of these complaints about not having puddle lights or self-dimming mirrors or wipers on our headlights or rain sensing wipers or voice activated devices or...you get the picture.

obesity in america? hell, we can't even twist our wrists anymore to turn our ignitions!!!!

The Altima also joins the Camry with push-button start. If you want the same feature in a Ford, you'll have to wait a few years for the MKS (a car $10,000+ more expensive). Perhaps by 2012, Ford will have finally adopted remote start and push button start in its mid-range products.

ive had a push button start for years ;)

Push button starts are a gimmic, nothing more

you know whats next

finger print readers. No fob, scan your thumb and it starts. A code can be used in the event you want to "loan" out your car.

Edited by one2gamble

Personally I like the visceral feel of turning the key. I look at that button on the dash of the Altima and I can't figure out how you get just accessories or what. With the key I know if I turn it part way I get accessories, if I turn it back I get accessories, and when I turn it all the way I can feel the starter engage. With a button I think you lose something in the transition. Is this like Lexus where you just need to have the key fob in your pocket or on you to start the car? Or do you have to put a key in an ignition and then press the button?

Nissan is going to do what Nissan has had to do............ to be successful. Fool you into buying one.

Nissan gives you the snazzy styling (realizing that style is subjective), the nifty gadgets, and the great V6........... in a substandard car. Quality and fit and finish will be crap. Refinement will not come close to the competition. Reliability and long term quality will be pretty bad. However, the first time Nissan buyer will be wowed by lots of doo-dads, distinctive styling, and a great engine.

The proof in the pudding would be to look at Nissans retention rate. In other words, how many people who bought a new Altima today, will also pony up for a Quest, and a Titan.

I think you will find that their loyalty numbers are pretty poor. When all you can offer is bling, with no substance............ buyers will eventually catch on (in other words, they will figure out that the car isn't that great after all.............. especially when you have to live with it day to day).

I was on a road trip in an '06 Altima this past weekend. Aside from a handsome exterior, nothing about that car impressed me, particularly the drivetrain. Keep in mind it was a 4-cylinder automatic, but at highway speeds around 70 mph, it couldn't even decide which gear to stay in. It was noisy, buzzy, and surprisingly CRAMPED with 4 of us in the vehicle for a 3-hour drive.

Hope the '07 has addressed a few of these issues.

Seems like men like to play the 'girlie' card to put someone or something down. As if that is the end of the arguement.

Sounds like the Luddites who refused to use modern tools, and destroyed them.

Also, sounds like the old timers who thought big cushy 1970's boat-mobiles were 'manly cars', compared to imports of the da6y.

The 'girlie' card is neanderthal, and belongs in the trailer court.

Seems like men like to play the 'girlie' card to put someone or something down. As if that is the end of the arguement.

Sounds like the Luddites who refused to use modern tools, and destroyed them.

Also, sounds like the old timers who thought big cushy 1970's boat-mobiles were 'manly cars', compared to imports of the da6y.

The 'girlie' card is neanderthal, and belongs in the trailer court.

Well you just run right out and buy yourself a New Beetle then. :shift:

trailer park? good one. but wrong.

i'm no he-man. just wondering why all of the "luxuries" and "convenience features" become too much.

each and every poster on this board has complained about vehicle weight and complexity at one time or another. do we really need more things to compound that problem? does everything have to be electric or folding or automatic? do you really want someone reading the navigation system while driving next to you?

this is a moot point, as i'm sure there will be more meaningless "advances" in vehicles that have nothing to do with power, economy or driving dynamics.

the maxima and altima are boring. boring. boring. boring. nothing at all to make you turn your head except that godawful grill on the maxima. i know it's a matter of personal taste, but i would take a five hundred or an impala any day of the week over those boring cars.

i agree that even the accord is more interesting.

Impala? You need to get your eyes checked. :slap: