Just Got Mine

GreyPony

• 4 weeks later...
So, has any one purchased a Flex lately? I would enjoy hearing what you think about it.

We've had ours for just over 6 months and ~7,000 miles. We love it! The interior is fabulous, the ride is great, it's quiet, and gets good fuel economy for an AWD people hauler (better than the Escape we had before it). It has pretty good pep when you step on it too. One of my favorite features is the heated memory seats. I am about 7" taller than my wife, so all we have to do is push a button to adjust the seats, pedals, and outside mirrors to our desired settings. Wonderful feature!

My wife's only complaint is that it is too long for her tastes, but what else are you going to haul 3 kids in car seats around in that is shorter? I'm used to driving my F150 SuperCrew, so it doesn't bother me at all...actually feels small! :) It also look really really sharp when it's all cleaned up.

So, has any one purchased a Flex lately? I would enjoy hearing what you think about it.

Just picked ours up on the 18th. Redfire Limited AWD with rear DVD (headliner mounted), and tow pkg. It's replacing our '06 Explorer which we loved too. The Flex is waaaaay nicer though and makes the Explorer look and feel like a mini-SUV believe it or not. So far it's the best vehicle I've owned and I look forward to the next 3 years with it.

One thing that bothers me though. I've had at least 3 people tell me how nice it is and then ask what it is. I know there were Flex commercials on every 2 minutes back in the Fall and I can't figure out how no one seems to know what the Flex is? Is everyone just FFWDing through all the commercials on their DVRs now or what? It's not like it looks like everything else out there and is hard to recognize!

Just picked ours up on the 18th. Redfire Limited AWD with rear DVD (headliner mounted), and tow pkg. It's replacing our '06 Explorer which we loved too. The Flex is waaaaay nicer though and makes the Explorer look and feel like a mini-SUV believe it or not. So far it's the best vehicle I've owned and I look forward to the next 3 years with it.

One thing that bothers me though. I've had at least 3 people tell me how nice it is and then ask what it is. I know there were Flex commercials on every 2 minutes back in the Fall and I can't figure out how no one seems to know what the Flex is? Is everyone just FFWDing through all the commercials on their DVRs now or what? It's not like it looks like everything else out there and is hard to recognize!

Congratulations! I hope that you enjoy your Flex as much as we do! As for the people not knowing what the vehicle is, a lot of people don't pay attention to car advertisements. But, as I have said before, as you see more Flexs out there, even more will sell. It's a snowball effect. BTW, for all you southerners, that would be that white fluffy cold stuff that falls from the sky. Have fun driving!

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much into that....as GreyPony said, most probably disregard car commercials. I know probably 4 of every 5 people that ask me about my Flex have no idea what it is.....even when it's plastered on the rear hatch :P I just politely answer "it's a Ford Flex" and any subsequent questions they may ask....in fact, I enjoy it when people ask about it.