Cost of ETAP?

imdevo

Is there a way to see, on paper, the actual cost of ETAP? I know this has been discussed before, but I am still having a hard time believing the numbers that are being thrown at us as far as a cost saving to Ford. Is the ETAP suspension for all of the Big 3? The numbers might make a little more sense if this is the case. Still, to save $8-$15 million by suspending this benefit would mean that A LOT of employees are using this benefit. Also, are these savings projected for 1, 2, 4, years? I would like to see these numbers, how many employees and their dependents are actually using this benefit and how much it costs. Or, is it a case of the bean counters playing with numbers? I don't think that these numbers need to be a secret. Just show us on paper the number of employees using the benefit and how much it costs.

Is there a way to see, on paper, the actual cost of ETAP? I know this has been discussed before, but I am still having a hard time believing the numbers that are being thrown at us as far as a cost saving to Ford. Is the ETAP suspension for all of the Big 3? The numbers might make a little more sense if this is the case. Still, to save $8-$15 million by suspending this benefit would mean that A LOT of employees are using this benefit. Also, are these savings projected for 1, 2, 4, years? I would like to see these numbers, how many employees and their dependents are actually using this benefit and how much it costs. Or, is it a case of the bean counters playing with numbers? I don't think that these numbers need to be a secret. Just show us on paper the number of employees using the benefit and how much it costs.

I'd have to put my money on the bean counters.

Well let's see this is my 5th semester and I usually take anywhere from 6-9/ch per semester at a cost of $580-680 give or take depending on fees, ect. Books coming out of my pocket minus the 200 reimburstment per year, which is far below what it cost me in the book store for books, but I can't complain every bit helps. So I agree 8-15 million dollars is a bit much for Ford unless it may be including all the Big 3. And the would have to mean [b]alot [/b]of people are making use of ETAP.

You are more than welcome to quit and move south. Senator Shelby can probably hook you up.

Why quit and move south when we can get Michigan to be a right to work state stop paying union dues and let congress negotiate our contracts. Face it guy the union is useless. It is a thing of the past that has run its course with the leadership of wimps like Ronny G. and people like you who think he is the second coming.

Edited by littletimmy

Why quit and move south when we can get Michigan to be a right to work state stop paying union dues and let congress negotiate our contracts. Face it guy the union is useless. It is a thing of the past that has run its course with the leadership of wimps like Ronny G. and people like you who think he is the second coming.

Are you an employee? Why do you bad mouth the union so much? If you are an employee, you make damn good money and enjoy damn good benefits. Did you forget that the union is only as strong as its members?

Why quit and move south when we can get Michigan to be a right to work state stop paying union dues and let congress negotiate our contracts. Face it guy the union is useless. It is a thing of the past that has run its course with the leadership of wimps like Ronny G. and people like you who think he is the second coming.r

you don't want to work for the big 3 without a union, the work rules and benefits that have kept management at bay for all these years are worth alot more than you think. How would you like no language about overtime rules, break time, bathroom breaks, bereavement, just for starters. Think again before you talk so bad about the union, ford doesn't give these out of the kindness of their heart, the have been negotiated with each contract since the original. No union no negotiation they give you next to nothing.

Not to belittle someone but we are the union. Your union rep will not fight for something if you don't want to stand up. You won't get everything but if you are contractually right then you should fight for it. I get tired of having guys come up to me and say....you know what they are doing now,can you say something i don't want to be seen as a trouble maker. It's okay if management screws with you over this as long as I benefit. Grow a pair and stand up.

Doesn't ETAP come from our nickel fund? If I am not misaken, this money has grown to a quite large pot that has been pilfered for other uses. The nickel fund is "part of our pay" that gets put into the fund for us. If I am wrong, please show me. This is the way I understand it. It is nothing on Fords back.

you don't want to work for the big 3 without a union, the work rules and benefits that have kept management at bay for all these years are worth alot more than you think. How would you like no language about overtime rules, break time, bathroom breaks, bereavement, just for starters. Think again before you talk so bad about the union, ford doesn't give these out of the kindness of their heart, the have been negotiated with each contract since the original. No union no negotiation they give you next to nothing.

Yeah the union has done a great job so far. I am out in the job bank while deadbeats who are related to the union have gotten their jobs back after 100 awols or 50 rehab stints, with their seniority. My job was shipped overseas, my education fund has been suspended, no job in sight, but I did get my $370 xmas boner. Thank god for the useless union.

Yeah the union has done a great job so far. I am out in the job bank while deadbeats who are related to the union have gotten their jobs back after 100 awols or 50 rehab stints, with their seniority. My job was shipped overseas, my education fund has been suspended, no job in sight, but I did get my $370 xmas boner. Thank god for the useless union.

QUIT then! without the "useless" union your laidoff ass would not be in the GEN you would get $400 a week in unemployment and thats it. No insurance either. so if you dont like the "useless"union then QUIT and go work some place else. And ETAP is a waste if you want to go to school then quit Ford and go to school and pay for it like everyone else does. We build cars.

you have no idea how things would be in this country without the unions do you?

Ford tried very hard to get low senority people to take the buyouts, they offered to pay over half they're pay and pay for education and insurance while they were still getting paid. I am sorry if someone sitting in the job bank with low senority didn't see the writing on the wall, I have to say complaining about the union, in the economy we are in is pretty pathetic. You didn't have to quit you could have gone to school full time and got paid for it, but you would rather collect most of your pay and complain. Wake up if it wasn't for the union you would'nt be sitting in the Gen pool you would be working somewhere else or unemployed. Oh yeah that xmas bonus used to be a perfect attendance award that didn't work so GM bargained it into a xmas bonus check. Yeah bargained for by the union you are complaining about.

You've been sitting in gen pool and somehow did not have the time to further your education. I've been bounced around to different shifts and would have loved to have the opportunity to have finished my degree. Sounds like you are one of those who point the finger of blame everywhere but at yourself.

You've been sitting in gen pool and somehow did not have the time to further your education. I've been bounced around to different shifts and would have loved to have the opportunity to have finished my degree. Sounds like you are one of those who point the finger of blame everywhere but at yourself.

Wake up people your union is a big corrupt business!!! You people are like sheep being led to a slaughter. The union was a great idea to begin with, but now the only people that it helps are useless people who are always in trouble.

I know I have used the ETAP myself and a lot of people I work with have children using it. It would be hard for us to estimate how many people (and/or their children) are using it.

Does anybody know the address to request textbook payment? I also need the phone number to request dependent scholarship forms. Thanks.

Well stated Wilbren and so true.

Wake up people your union is a big corrupt business!!! You people are like sheep being led to a slaughter. The union was a great idea to begin with, but now the only people that it helps are useless people who are always in trouble.

quit your whining, what alitttle bitch, if you dont like it take the buyout and go somewhere else, YOU HAVE CHOICES. but then again you might just get laid off with no buyout or sub, you should think about it, your getting good money to stay home and bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did this little guy fall down, drop his crutch and hit his head? You're an idiot! Be a smart little guy and close you're mouth, there are adults chatting here.

I think someone is just not happy with their situation. Please don't get discouraged and by all means don't take it out on people that can't control it.

I wish you the best and hope that you get called back.

By the way...I'm in JSP. Can anyone tell me if ETAP has been discontinued? I heard yes and not yet.

Edited by Hard Driver

I think someone is just not happy with their situation. Please don't get discouraged and by all means don't take it out on people that can't control it.

I wish you the best and hope that you get called back.

By the way...I'm in JSP. Can anyone tell me if has ETAP been discontinued? I heard yes and not yet.

In one post I read someone said they called in and they said ETAP and The Scholorship for your kids are both suspended as of Jan31st, so I would say get your classes paid for, for this semester and send in the application and try to get the last funds you can get out of it.