Fusion Hybrid #1

Anthony

So MKII, a guy from Quebec living in Europe knows more about selling cars in the US than a guy who works in a California car dealership? That seems to be what I'm getting from these posts.

actually he has a point, and we DO get customers from his template...a LOT of people have ZERO patience when they are in the buying/ looking mode, their attitude is they are doing the dealer/ manufacturer a favor by gracing their presence, many a time I have heard "Fine, if you don't have one I'll go elsewhere,,,"...or "you won't discount, I'll buy somehwere else "...the classic is ( and this one blows my mind...) " I have one ordered one somewhere else, I just want to drive one....."..........hard to not get angry over that....the public is the public, most are great but like everthing else there is a small faction that spoil it for the rest....shame, i do love dealing with a majority of the public, but as the years have gone by and i have become more "gravelly" my tolerence of rudeness has become, let us say "less"....no abuse or the like returned, just polite refusal.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big negative I see happening surrounding all this great positive news are all the pissed off consumers who will not be able to purchase a Fusion Hybrid.

A question for all the Ford sales people here, "How many sales did you loose to the competition when you could not delivery an Escape Hybrid because none are available in your showroom, and cancelled factory order because consumer could not wait for lengthy delivery time?

Well, if the salesman is at all a salesman, he can explain the benefits of other vehicles on his lot, and tell the customer about the shortcomings of the car he can't get. That's his job, and if he knows his product, it's not a tough switch. We do it all the time.

"Folks, how often do you drive under 27 mph?".....

Sold a lot of 4 cyl Escapes to Hybrid customers with that easy lead in... Customers that I would never have seen if the Hybrid wasn't around.

So MKII, a guy from Quebec living in Europe knows more about selling cars in the US than a guy who works in a California car dealership? That seems to be what I'm getting from these posts.

Panther, Panther, Panther!

Two can play these games, Richard! :happy feet:

Well, if the salesman is at all a salesman, he can explain the benefits of other vehicles on his lot, and tell the customer about the shortcomings of the car he can't get. That's his job, and if he knows his product, it's not a tough switch. We do it all the time.

"Folks, how often do you drive under 27 mph?".....

Sold a lot of 4 cyl Escapes to Hybrid customers with that easy lead in... Customers that I would never have seen if the Hybrid wasn't around.

Panther, Panther, Panther!

Two can play these games, Richard! :happy feet:

Idk if you knew, but that line can't be used since the new Fusion can drive on the electirc engine up to 47mph :)

No not at all, I apologize if that is how my point has come across. Just curious how this plays out between salespeople and customer.

I am in sales (not cars) and I have to deal with this type of consumer attitude daily, and for me it is a tiring game when one has to

waste the better part of ones time explaining why someone doesn't need one of your produts or why its not available, or why one

of your other products will fit the needs. And I am getting a feeling from the feed back that the Fusion Hybrid is garnering that this

will be a challenge for many salespeople and we will be reading from bloggers,car journalists and pissed off customers how Ford cannot

deliver this type of car.

And yes Chief it is a salespersons job to be able to manipulate etc the customer, but with a product that will basically sell itself because of

the publics growing acceptance and knowledge of "Hybrid" cars (thanks in part to Toyota) it is a shame that the lack of product will turn

new potential Ford car business to the competition.

I may be wrong but I would think this type of problem must bug Mr.Farley, in the sense that his company has a product that is generating some of the most positive articles written about a Ford N.A. vehicle from the car rags/blogs and rag readers comments in a long time, but his company can only produce 25,000 units.

I think the timing is perfect for the Fusion Hybrid, and the journalist hype is a good indicator of this fact, with all the past publicitiy of bail outs, high fuel prices etc, its almost like the best free advertising Ford could have ask for.

BTW I am from Ontario living in Europe.

Edited by MKII

Idk if you knew, but that line can't be used since the new Fusion can drive on the electirc engine up to 47mph :)

Besides which, the all-electric mode isn't the only time the hybrid system saves gas, making it a LIE used to sell more cars.

Thanks for justifying our mistrust of anything that comes out of the mouths of car salespeople, Chief.

Does that mean dealers will be reluctant/unlikely to accept an x-plan order?

depends on the dealer...unfortunately the answer from most will probably be "sorry".....remains to be seen though. Gotta tell you though, my eye would be on that Sport...STUNNING!

No not at all, I apologize if that is how my point has come across. Just curious how this plays out between salespeople and customer.

I am in sales (not cars) and I have to deal with this type of consumer attitude daily, and for me it is a tiring game when one has to

waste the better part of ones time explaining why someone doesn't need one of your produts or why its not available, or why one

of your other products will fit the needs. And I am getting a feeling from the feed back that the Fusion Hybrid is garnering that this

will be a challenge for many salespeople and we will be reading from bloggers,car journalists and pissed off customers how Ford cannot

deliver this type of car.

And yes Chief it is a salespersons job to be able to manipulate etc the customer, but with a product that will basically sell itself because of

the publics growing acceptance and knowledge of "Hybrid" cars (thanks in part to Toyota) it is a shame that the lack of product will turn

new potential Ford car business to the competition.

I may be wrong but I would think this type of problem must bug Mr.Farley, in the sense that his company has a product that is generating some of the most positive articles written about a Ford N.A. vehicle from the car rags/blogs and rag readers comments in a long time, but his company can only produce 25,000 units.

I think the timing is perfect for the Fusion Hybrid, and the journalist hype is a good indicator of this fact, with all the past publicitiy of bail outs, high fuel prices etc, its almost like the best free advertising Ford could have ask for.

BTW I am from Ontario living in Europe.

flip side...if you flood the market it cheapens the product.......

flip side...if you flood the market it cheapens the product.......

Of course, but there is some middle ground between not enough and too many.

I understand the dilemma Ford has with projected sales volume, hybrid component contracts etc, and low profit margins of the Hybrid in comparison to normal gas engine Fusion, but consumers nowadays don't feel to obligated to here the excuses/reasonings of why the cannot have what they want.

That said any interviews I have read with Nancy Cioia when question about availabitiy of future Ford Hybrid products her response is "if the demand is there we will do our best to meet those demands.

Of course, but there is some middle ground between not enough and too many.

I understand the dilemma Ford has with projected sales volume, hybrid component contracts etc, and low profit margins of the Hybrid in comparison to normal gas engine Fusion, but consumers nowadays don't feel to obligated to here the excuses/reasonings of why the cannot have what they want.

That said any interviews I have read with Nancy Cioia when question about availabitiy of future Ford Hybrid products her response is "if the demand is there we will do our best to meet those demands.

weak link as of right now is battery availability I beleive, a problem Ford cannot sidestep ....yet.