Has JSP been offically suspended????

lep_wrencher

I know that JSP suspension was a part of the concession discussions when the Detroit 3 went before the congress asking for the loans. Since Bush stepped up and gave GM and Chrysler money out of the TARP fund, did we still suspend JSP? I've heard alot of talk about it being suspended but never heard anything offical either here or at the shop.

I was also told that if/when JSP gets suspended, the JSP funding would be moved into the SUB fund, anyone else hear this too???

Edited by lep_wrencher

I know that JSP suspension was a part of the concession discussions when the Detroit 3 went before the congress asking for the loans. Since Bush stepped up and gave GM and Chrysler money out of the TARP fund, did we still suspend JSP? I've heard alot of talk about it being suspended but never heard anything offical either here or at the shop.

I was also told that if/when JSP gets suspended, the JSP funding would be moved into the SUB fund, anyone else hear this too???

TARP loans have same provision in them.

no it hasnt been yet. probably after they get people out of JSP, then it will be.

wow , this is big . 1400+ people will be asked to be replaced ,most of them will

have to move or just go to the closest plant and kick the others out ?? there is have to be a better way . :redcard:

If it's true, what will be interesting is if they allow tradespeople to return to production after they transfer and are facing permanent layoff. ;)

If current JSP employees will have one shot at placement, and it is open to all plants, then how will Ford deal with tpt's? At our plant, which is scheduled to close maybe in 2011, we have roughly 250 full timers and 600 temporaries. Will someone in JSP be offered to come to our plant and replace a temp for 2 years? I assume that there are plenty of temps at other plants as well. So, how will this all play out?

I think that maybe there will be some changes to JSP, but not eliminated? I guess we'll wait and see.

Rumor I heard is that all in JSP will get one shot at placement. Once at their new plant, there will be seniority layoffs. All plants will be open.

The language in our current contract doesn't allow someone to be displaced by someone in JSP or ILO. There has to be a job opening. Only way they can displace someone is if they have RTBU rights and have more seniority than the lowest at there home plant.

Edited by rc38

The language in our current contract doesn't allow someone to be displaced by someone in JSP or ILO. There has to be a job opening. Only way they can displace someone is if they have RTBU rights and have more seniority than the lowest at there home plant.

If you hadn't noticed the contract means shit. They disbanded JSP so now the rest will be details for plant movings.

If you hadn't noticed the contract means shit. They disbanded JSP so now the rest will be details for plant movings.

I agree with you. With the JSP going away there will probably alot of changes coming our way soon. It would not be fair for anyone who is in the JSP due to outsourcing, like almost everyone from Rawsonville, to have to lose our jobs indefinitely because of this. JSP people who are there due to outsourcing should have some kind of preferential placement rights because their job loss is almost the same as a plant closing. The way things are looking I seriously doubt that any new work will ever go to any of the plants that have lost jobs due to outsourcing.

All we are asking is for a chance to use our seniority to go back to work somewhere and be productive again.

I agree with leftski 100% we at monroe are in the same boat we won the work but somebody up north had other plans for it and shipped it elsewhere now we sit in JSP due to sourcing issues. all we want is a fair shot at any jobs that are available, instead of this good ole boy shit thats goin on lately.

If current JSP employees will have one shot at placement, and it is open to all plants, then how will Ford deal with tpt's? At our plant, which is scheduled to close maybe in 2011, we have roughly 250 full timers and 600 temporaries. Will someone in JSP be offered to come to our plant and replace a temp for 2 years? I assume that there are plenty of temps at other plants as well. So, how will this all play out?

I think that maybe there will be some changes to JSP, but not eliminated? I guess we'll wait and see.

According to the union our plant will NOT bring in people from JSP because we are still supposed to close.

(At least that is what union said before this current lay off). A lot of us were wondering why though, because if they offer placement at ALL plants, we are A PLANT (at least for now), and one with ALOT of temps and flowbacks.

Of course, like always, this is subject to change!

According to the union our plant will NOT bring in people from JSP because we are still supposed to close.

(At least that is what union said before this current lay off). A lot of us were wondering why though, because if they offer placement at ALL plants, we are A PLANT (at least for now), and one with ALOT of temps and flowbacks.

Of course, like always, this is subject to change!

Well from what I was told, there will be a job posting going up within the next 2 weeks for (200) @DTP to fill in the balance of people needed for the 1000 they were bringing in and for the C crew. As far as the JSP it is DONE, CANCELED, SUSPENED, NO MORE EVER and the people who are in it throughout Michigan, not Ohio or Kentucky will be placed at the Saline Plant starting the first week of Feb. with 75 first week then 75 more next week then 50 next week and 50 next week and so on and so on, until all are there working and right now at the Saline plant there are more jobs than there are JSP people(because some will be going back to their own plant soon such as Livonia) so SOME of the Visteon/temp $14.00 a hour workers will keep there jobs but how many or for how long, only time and the economy will give us the answers, But yes it is around 800 or so people who will be being laid off from there as JSP comes in they will be going out not all at once. The people who transfered out of there on there own will have a chance to go back as a temp. transfer thats what all JSP will be, so every Ford worker at Saline now will have higher senority over JSP when it comes to bids, and overtime, because that is their HOME PLANT and JSP people are temp. transfers/loaned workers, JSP people will have senority among themselves by when they go to Saline first ones there will be highest and so on they keep there Co. senority of course but as they go to Saline their senority for that plant starts that day so in other words the faster you get called to go there you will have highest among JSP for bids and overtime. If jobs open up at any of the JSP workers home plants then by senority from highest down there will be calls made to those people to leave Saline and return to their home plant. If Saline plant gets bought then the JSP people would get laid off with unemployment and subpay, and pray to GOD that your home plant calls you back. But the product at Saline is needed for a few more years, so to just close it not in the next few years unless they can find someone who makes the products cheaper.

you talkin trades and production or just production. and some of us in JSP won't have home plants anymore so them what?

Well from I was told it is ALL JSP so that would include trades as well, I know some plants are closing that it why it is very important to bid on these job posting because it is going to get where there is no more workers needed in plants, which means no job posting which means when Saline is sold and yes it is still up for sale, it could sell next week or in 2 years who knows but if it doesn't then it will close eventually when those products are done or built somewhere else or by someone else, then all anyone will get is subpay and unemployment. No there is NO TALKS of anymore buyouts of any kind. Hope that helps may not be what people want to hear but hope it helps for people who have some big choices to make and soon. Do you bid to a plant for security or do you go to a plant that you know is up for sale or will close and by then all these other plants are full and dont need people, and where is your job with the company???? Take a chance and hope to get called back to your own plant or bids go up for some plants in the future for people whose home plants are closed, or go as a temp transfer/loaned worker to a place that IS NOT GOING TO BE A FORD PLANT EVER AGAIN!!!! That is what people have to ask themseleves what is your senority????

Well from what I was told, there will be a job posting going up within the next 2 weeks for (200) @DTP to fill in the balance of people needed for the 1000 they were bringing in and for the C crew. As far as the JSP it is DONE, CANCELED, SUSPENED, NO MORE EVER and the people who are in it throughout Michigan, not Ohio or Kentucky will be placed at the Saline Plant starting the first week of Feb. with 75 first week then 75 more next week then 50 next week and 50 next week and so on and so on, until all are there working and right now at the Saline plant there are more jobs than there are JSP people(because some will be going back to their own plant soon such as Livonia) so SOME of the Visteon/temp $14.00 a hour workers will keep there jobs but how many or for how long, only time and the economy will give us the answers, But yes it is around 800 or so people who will be being laid off from there as JSP comes in they will be going out not all at once. The people who transfered out of there on there own will have a chance to go back as a temp. transfer thats what all JSP will be, so every Ford worker at Saline now will have higher senority over JSP when it comes to bids, and overtime, because that is their HOME PLANT and JSP people are temp. transfers/loaned workers, JSP people will have senority among themselves by when they go to Saline first ones there will be highest and so on they keep there Co. senority of course but as they go to Saline their senority for that plant starts that day so in other words the faster you get called to go there you will have highest among JSP for bids and overtime. If jobs open up at any of the JSP workers home plants then by senority from highest down there will be calls made to those people to leave Saline and return to their home plant. If Saline plant gets bought then the JSP people would get laid off with unemployment and subpay, and pray to GOD that your home plant calls you back. But the product at Saline is needed for a few more years, so to just close it not in the next few years unless they can find someone who makes the products cheaper.

Sounds like people at Rawsonville are going to get left in the cold... Damn Shame!

Why do you say that???

More people are going into the JSP at the beginning of the year at Rawsonville, and what is the odds of a JSP person returning back to Rawsonville from Saline? This sh** just does not sound kosher......

First,lets see what actually is done with JSP. But if they move people and layoff workers to make room,thats breach of contract. And the lawyers would have a field day.

Its one thing to do some form of suspending JSP,then its another to displace workers against the language in the contract. You would have to rewrite a entire section of the contract,and that would require a vote by the membership.

But like i said,lets wait and see what all the info is on the changes to make some accurate comments.