MTPers still waiting on calls for WAP

MTPwife

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Sunday's union meeting we were told that we might return to work the week of the 20th but most likely the next week. There is not a set date yet or a set date that we will be notified, just that we will be called, with out using the 16,10,5 rule. There are 2 down weeks in Feb and one in March maybe together.

At Sunday's union meeting we were told that we might return to work the week of the 20th but most likely the next week. There is not a set date yet or a set date that we will be notified, just that we will be called, with out using the 16,10,5 rule. There are 2 down weeks in Feb and one in March maybe together.

Why should anybody have to wait with 6, 10, 15 language, if people are working without the seniority to sustain it what's the hold up?

Here at Wayne, I was told they are trying to get everyone placed on proper shifts and it may take some time. We have a lot of you coming over and they are trying to get it done with minor interruptions with production. Since the majority of you want day shift, they are concerned about trying to train too many of you at once. Plus, they have to train those being bumped to nights. Be patient - you are coming soon, and good luck.

Talked to Poet, he had'nt heard the rumor about next week & he can only guess that starting WAP 2nd week in Febuary. I do believe I've heard a rumor about grievances being filed. Oh & sub pay is running a day late as well. :banghead:

Thanks for the info. As much as I'm ready to get back to work, I think Feb. would be ok. Do know that WAP is supposed to be working this week and next then laid off for 2 weeks. At least being off until Feb. would keep our unemployment regular instead of the waiting game again!!! Keep us posted on the grievances too if you hear anything more.

Just went back to work yesterday in body south. The union people are tellin us we'll be off the first 2 weeks in Feb same with March and first week in april. Better start pushin the 6,10,15 because they say this is how will be for most of the year unless they start selling. Also heard rumor about there getting rid of family days, so if you have them use them I was told. Oh yeah one more thing shut down will be like everybody elses end of June for 1 week and the third week in Aug for 1 week. :stats:

Thanks for the info. As much as I'm ready to get back to work, I think Feb. would be ok. Do know that WAP is supposed to be working this week and next then laid off for 2 weeks. At least being off until Feb. would keep our unemployment regular instead of the waiting game again!!! Keep us posted on the grievances too if you hear anything more.

talked to jody tonight the grievances are for two hours per week for each laid off mtper.he said same as poet mabey feb or march not sure yet. sounds like wap is trying to screw us to me! :censored:

Wap not screwing you. They don't want to bring people in for orientation and then lay you off right after. I came from MTP and union has been awesome at WAP. You are coming over probably right after our 2 weeks downtime. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you over here. Way different than MTP

I am getting tired of this maybe next weekover and over again. When am I going to work. Stop trying to take care of lower senority and put me to work. MTP people have been screwed around enough. This bull about when we go to the new plant that its Wayne Assembley is another example. If they wait until there is no down weeks coming we will never RTW.

Talked to Poet, he had'nt heard the rumor about next week & he can only guess that starting WAP 2nd week in Febuary. I do believe I've heard a rumor about grievances being filed. Oh & sub pay is running a day late as well. :banghead:

Of course, no sub pay today either. Makes no sense!!!!! Just pisses me off that they can cut sub pay at their leisure but if it were their checks they would be right on it!! Does anyone have a number to payroll so I can call and find out whats going on?

Of course, no sub pay today either. Makes no sense!!!!! Just pisses me off that they can cut sub pay at their leisure but if it were their checks they would be right on it!! Does anyone have a number to payroll so I can call and find out whats going on?

Monday was a National holiday. No mail, no banks, no Ford. Sub check should come on Thursday.

Monday was a National holiday. No mail, no banks, no Ford. Sub check should come on Thursday.

I understand that but then direct deposit should have been today and that didn't happen. Asked Poet and he said that sub checks are only cut on Mon and Thurs, should be cut today with direct deposit happening on Sat or Mon.

I understand that but then direct deposit should have been today and that didn't happen. Asked Poet and he said that sub checks are only cut on Mon and Thurs, should be cut today with direct deposit happening on Sat or Mon.

Good luck with payroll. They outsourced that to India. Call HR and they can see if the check is in the system. If it is it will be within 1 or 2 days. They can check it in RIMS.