SALINE

Hi-lo Saline

The orange workers are not being cleaned out. (There is a number for the amount of orange staying put)

The posting is going up Thurs. and coming down on Monday. People "could" be moved into Saline within 2 weeks.

our chairman said the only people that would be left at saline would be ford workers and the bid would be up for a week.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The orange workers are not being cleaned out. (There is a number for the amount of orange staying put)

The posting is going up Thurs. and coming down on Monday. People "could" be moved into Saline within 2 weeks.

Yes wildosvt the orange will be cleaned out postings are up at I.S.A for 800 openings at SALINE.So that will take care of all the TEMPS .The first group of 50 will start in Feb. :hysterical::stirpot:

I am laid off from MTP and supposed to goto DTP sometime in Feb. I got a call today saying I was eligible for a temporary position at Saline for a year or more and to contact labor relations by Jan 28th if I am interested. Doesn't sound like a good move at all so I am holding out for DTP. :redcard:

There are more then 800 temp's working there. Its a "wait and see" game now. We will come back to this once the numbers are in. (FWIW the number was 500-600 til yesterday's meeting) For all who plan on signing up. Welcome aboard.

Edited by wildosvt

There are more then 800 temp's working there. :hysterical: Its a "wait and see" game now. We will come back to this once the numbers are in. ;) (FWIW the number was 500-600 til yesterday's meeting) For all who plan on signing up. Welcome aboard.

Correct me if I'm totally wrong, wasn't the Saline plant up for sale? If so, is it still up for sale or is it one of the ACH plants that Ford is taking back? Just curious because I'm really thinking about signing up to come. How is the work there? (couldn't be any worse than MTP!!! lol) I know it's a temp position but it's better than being off with no date of return and jobs bank probably disappearing! I will just be happy to have a job right now.

Correct me if I'm totally wrong, wasn't the Saline plant up for sale? If so, is it still up for sale or is it one of the ACH plants that Ford is taking back? Just curious because I'm really thinking about signing up to come. How is the work there? (couldn't be any worse than MTP!!! lol) I know it's a temp position but it's better than being off with no date of return and jobs bank probably disappearing! I will just be happy to have a job right now.

I hear the bosses are real hard asses at saline they do not want us there. I am staying right where i am temp job with no seniority is not for me

There are more then 800 temp's working there. Its a "wait and see" game now. We will come back to this once the numbers are in. (FWIW the number was 500-600 til yesterday's meeting) For all who plan on signing up. Welcome aboard.

How many people will be left from Saline after the 800 temps are gone? I understand that there will be 2 sen. lists so I'm curious how many people will be left so I can make a decision to come or hold out. Also are the 800 temps primarily on the same shift or spread out between the 2 or 3? I just can't get stuck on afternoons this is why I have all the questions. Thanks for your input

Thats great that someone heard the foreman at Saline are real hard asses!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

If you are sitting at home and not working and they do not get enough volunteers to come to Saline they will force you to come (if there are no other openings at a Ford facility). That is what was posted on the wall when I walked out last night. The jobs are pretty good in the plant and considering alot of the temps have good bid jobs, there will be alot of bid jobs going up (hi-lo, stock follow up, set up etc.) Welcome to those that decide to come! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

It has something to do with RTBU rights. :reading:

That only applies if and when positions open up at the plant you have rights to go back to. Generally there is a signup window of 90 days after the contract is ratified. If a plant closes up you sit or take a job under work available which you only get 2 shots then your basicly quiting. In my opinion and it's just mine but anyone looking to go from a plant where your ok for now and your seniority is protected as far as placement to go on a temp position and have no plant seniority is just plain stupid. Now unless your on the street as of right now and no offers you should to at least stay away from the crap that will follow with the cuts on JSP.

Are you serious, why would anyone want to go to Saline? It is NOT a FORD plant and never will be, if you are out in jsp hold out just a little longer there will be openings @ DTP. Saline is a parts plant Ford has said time and time again that they will not own any parts plants when it is all said and done Ford plans on dumping this plant as soon as possible, There is a reason there is 800 temps at Saline, because anyone who wanted to stay working for Ford took a Flowback and got the hell out while the getting was good. Nothing has changed since those 800 plus people left.

They are only doing this so that they can clean out JSP, once it is emptied out JSP will be gone, if you do go to Saline, once they decide they no longer need you will be gone with no JSP.

THIS IS A BAD DEAL

How many people will be left from Saline after the 800 temps are gone? I understand that there will be 2 sen. lists so I'm curious how many people will be left so I can make a decision to come or hold out. Also are the 800 temps primarily on the same shift or spread out between the 2 or 3? I just can't get stuck on afternoons this is why I have all the questions. Thanks for your input

The temp are spread out on all 3 shifts...

They are only doing this so that they can clean out JSP, once it is emptied out JSP will be gone, if you do go to Saline, once they decide they no longer need you will be gone with no JSP.

THIS IS A BAD DEAL

What are you smoking? The people who get to come still have right's to their spot at their home plant.

Forced JSP people is another matter. Or someone from JSP that is asigned to a loaner's spot even. I would ask your committee person/international how this will work for you. But that may be what you were trying to say? If so, I do apologize.

If you come, Your hire in sen. will be valid for all who are loaned to Saline (2nd seniority list as you mentioned). So it would be hard to guess where you will fall in regaurds to your seniority, And other's who signed up to come here.

If you are so worried about shift preference then stay where you are and let the people who dont have a job take the spots. you sound like a winer bitchin about afternoons. be thankful for what you already have

If you are so worried about shift preference then stay where you are and let the people who dont have a job take the spots. you sound like a winer bitchin about afternoons. be thankful for what you already have

no shit.. "i cant be on afternoons" are they going to quit if that is their only option? whiners.