Saline Questions

motiontf

I'll take it by the lack of reply's to my questions on here that if your not bitching or moaning or better yet :stirpot: you do not get any reply's at all :finger: Thanks!!

I was told the senority will be going by class class A for those ford employees already there class B for ford employees going and class c for the temps. Thats all i know for now. Don't think it helps you sorry

I would be leery of going there, and i would definitely try getting to another plant if at all possible. It was stated they need Temporary Long Term Employees there. We all have no idea what is going to happen in the next year or so, what policies are going to be in effect, and I would be scared that when it is time for your temporary stay there to end, and the only openings they might have could be in Chicago or somewhere else very far away that you might be forced to go there or lose your job...

I would be leery of going there, and i would definitely try getting to another plant if at all possible. It was stated they need Temporary Long Term Employees there. We all have no idea what is going to happen in the next year or so, what policies are going to be in effect, and I would be scared that when it is time for your temporary stay there to end, and the only openings they might have could be in Chicago or somewhere else very far away that you might be forced to go there or lose your job...

Our union has stated,(LOL... which we all know is subject to change) that we return to our home plant , when temp position is complete. I think I will compare this senario to a night of gambling, there will be some winners & some losers. whos in? Blackjack or Saline transfer.

Very Good Example.....

It's almost like gambling, instead of winning money our job is the prize. At our Union Meeting this past weekend, Joel stated that Rawsonville is on the chopping block once again! With that being said, what is one to do? Going to Saline is very risky, although; IF Ford bought the plant back, this could end up being a good move. Without a crystal ball, nobody can see into the future. It does say that going to Saline is a long term temporary position. Rawsonville is suppose to be getting the kit job which will create 80 jobs, however; this job is not coming for at least 6 months. From my understanding, IF the kit job does come in, they will be calling people back from Saline by seniority. Either way, it's going to be a HUGE cluster F***!

Does anyone know if there working OT and what is the seniority to hold days?

Thanks in advance !!

been at saline 40 yrs have never seen so many new jobs*** and MONEY*** MONEY*** MONEY*** put into my plant since they tore up the corn and built the plant ***THATS A FACT*** NO BULLSHIT FROM MY POST***also 08 people on days HAPPY DAYS 4 BLUE AT SALINE

COME ONE COME ALL- LIKE I SAY EVERY DAY -JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

30 hilo drivers at saline with 2007***9 hilo drivers with 2008***all shifts****REST UP*** OVERTIME***OVERTIME***OVERTIME***(FALCON)

[/quNote]

Instead of posting OVERTIME***OVERTIME you should post LAIDOFF***LAIDOFF. Only a few lines are working and drivers are ask for layoff for for next two weeks. :finger:

ALL OT will be cancelled cause once the FORD employees get there the price of labor went up.....They could pay OT to the Visteon workers but to pay OT to FORD workers it's going to cost them alot more money!

Output is very slow-415- ip line. 50 little robots going around following magnetic strip on floor, stopping for every little screw in its way. You should see the forman crawling around on her hands and knees digging screws out from under the robots. They have one guy following the robots with magnets. When sales pickup and I pray they do ,Saline will have a hard time keeping up whether at 14. labor or 28. labor, doorpanel job even slower,, lots of scrap, and we still have jobs in that are still in boxes and bubblerap