2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

As I've told people before, only semi-jokingly, to borrow a phrase that Elton John used, some car salespeople are "rude, vile pigs." Others are just "vile pigs." I'd rather deal with a "vile pig" than a "rude, vile pig," but each time I buy or lease a car, I do feel taken. :wacko: :unsure: :mellow:

Well I one upped them. I was a rude, vile and insulting pig. And now I feel guilty about it.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't beleive these came in so fast. HROV was 3/18 and it arrived at dealer in NJ on 5/12 - picked up on 5/16. So far I love it! Only thing that was annoying was it had about 20 miles on it.

Hi Joe. They are estimating delivery to the dealership the week of 5/24 for my FFH. (Ordered 3/14, HROV date of 3/31.)

On 4/28 we were Locked In (probably as of Fri 4/24), and given an ETA of possibly 3-4 weeks. The status I got on Fri 5/1 was that it was bucked. I just learned yesterday our vehicle was produced during the week of 5/4 somewhere around the manufacturing freeze for the flu and Cinco de Mayo. I hope it wasn't the last one they put together that week before they walked out the door. :doh:

Couldn't find the actual production date, but the "Invoice Date" reported as 4/27. Dealer mentioned the production date might be a couple of days before the invoice date, which doesn't entirely add up? One would think a car should take less than a day to produce from start to finish, but who knows?? So, it was built sometime generally between 4/27 and 5/8 with the factory closed 5/1 thru 5/5 due to the flu.

Latest update on 5/12 was that it was on a train somewhere around Vaughn, New Mexico headed our way. Getting closer!! I suspect we'll both see our new rides before the end of the month. Wahoo!

I can't beleive these came in so fast. HROV was 3/18 and it arrived at dealer in NJ on 5/12 - picked up on 5/16. So far I love it! Only thing that was annoying was it had about 20 miles on it.

They may be arriving quick... But waiting for them seems to take a while... Granted 2 months is not that bad to wait, but I just want to be riding in mine NOW! :)

I'm hoping that it indeed gets built early this week, and that it makes the next train out (without much delay).... It would be nice to have mine the first week of June! Being hopeful here! (As mine was ordered on 4/13/09)

They may be arriving quick... But waiting for them seems to take a while... Granted 2 months is not that bad to wait, but I just want to be riding in mine NOW! :)

I'm hoping that it indeed gets built early this week, and that it makes the next train out (without much delay).... It would be nice to have mine the first week of June! Being hopeful here! (As mine was ordered on 4/13/09)

Mine has taken since Thursday to get from Jacksonville to here. I was supposed to pick it up today, but that didn't happen b/c it still had not arrived at the dealership. Not sure what's up w/that.

Ordered my 3/14. Car was built almost a month ago, starting to get annoyed at how long it is taking. I know the dealer can't do anything about it, but hard not to be annoyed.

Mine has taken since Thursday to get from Jacksonville to here. I was supposed to pick it up today, but that didn't happen b/c it still had not arrived at the dealership. Not sure what's up w/that.

Ordered my 3/14. Car was built almost a month ago, starting to get annoyed at how long it is taking. I know the dealer can't do anything about it, but hard not to be annoyed.

Yes that's the exact frustration I am feeling as well... I tend to believe it's due to the car's new appearance that we want it... But any delay does not help at all! Thankfully MN is a bit closer to MA so hopefully once it gets to the corporate headquarters it will find its way to me much quicker upon sorting for distribution.

Yep, ours came in early!! :yahoo: Dealer called this morning and said it was "on the ground". They cleaned it up, and we picked it up tonight, at least a week earlier than their original ETA. It must have been on a fast train... or truck, or both.

We've only put 24 miles on it so far (it had just under 10 miles on it sitting on the lot) after a quick test drive and after bringing it the trip home, but all I can say is.... MAN what a SWEET ride!!! Very impressed! :bandance:

Picked my FFH up today. Ordered 3/14, picked up 5/19. My car was selected for quality testing, so I believe that is why it took so long to leave Hermosillo. Had 39 miles on it when I got it.

Will post pics tmw night. It's silver with 20% window tinting. Looks damned good.

Picked my FFH up today. Ordered 3/14, picked up 5/19. My car was selected for quality testing, so I believe that is why it took so long to leave Hermosillo. Had 39 miles on it when I got it.

Will post pics tmw night. It's silver with 20% window tinting. Looks damned good.

Congratulations. Hopefully you'll enjoy is as much as or more than I do. Certainly I love mine so far.

Edited by nelsonlu

Just curious if anyone else has had the windows tinted on theirs. I had 3M Black Chrome BC 35 installed on mine, which is supposed to reject 57% of the total solar energy from the car to keep the inside cooler. I figure it's a good idea living in Texas, especially considering the hybrid battery. I can take some pics if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

Edited by ackbar

Just curious if anyone else has had the windows tinted on theirs. I had 3M Black Chrome BC 35 installed on mine, which is supposed to reject 57% of the total solar energy from the car to keep the inside cooler. I figure it's a good idea living in Texas, especially considering the hybrid battery. I can take some pics if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

I'd like to see it. Is that a silvery or a black? Mine are black, I have no idea at all what brand they are, but the dealer installed it as part of my trade-in deal.

The black tint w/the silver paint really looks sharp.

Got my Fusion Sport Saturday and have already put 600+ miles on it. I've averaged just over 23 mpg in all kinds of driving. I am thrilled especially with the power and handling that this car has. I'm very pleased. Mine is silver, and after owning a Blazing Copper Metalic Edge for the last two years, the color seems a little bland at first, but the whole driving experience makes that one criticism go away. I do wish the Sport had been offered in more than black, red, silver, sport blue, and black, though, but that's the way it goes.

NOtweorthy is that the housing around the top brake llight is body colored, unlike some other Sports I've seen, and the leather interior is far superior to anything I've had -- even my Acura I had from 2004-2008. Sync is amazing in what it can do and the AWD should be the equal in grip to the Edge's. The Select Shift automatic is far more responsive to gear changes than what has been printed. In fact, it's much better than the Honda system in my TSX. I even think the quality of interior materials is better.

Now, if they had just not put the Goodyear RSA's on the thing it might be perfect!

That means someone other than you was the first to fart in the seat. That sucks......

Actually I think its good that yours got the extra inspection. Thats the one nagging thing in the back of my mind. Is mine going to be a buggy POS?

NOtweorthy is that the housing around the top brake llight is body colored, unlike some other Sports I've seen,

We found out the reason some are body color and some are chrome. The Sport with the 402A package (which includes backup camera) are using the same housing as the SEL with backup camera. All SEL's have the chrome housing.

My SEL V-6 should be here Monday or the 25th. That is one day short of ten weeks from the dealer order date. That should give some people and idea or the SEL delivery time. To many people are not saying just how many weeks it is taking. That is what people want to know.

I'd like to see it. Is that a silvery or a black? Mine are black, I have no idea at all what brand they are, but the dealer installed it as part of my trade-in deal.

The black tint w/the silver paint really looks sharp.

Here are some pics with the tint. It's not a super dark tint, but it does make a noticeable difference in terms of the heat buildup when parked in the sun.

Also, I apologize if you notice all the dust on my car. There is road construction right down the street from my house so it's become pointless trying to keep it clean until they finish.

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Here are some pics with the tint. It's not a super dark tint, but it does make a noticeable difference in terms of the heat buildup when parked in the sun.

Also, I apologize if you notice all the dust on my car. There is road construction right down the street from my house so it's become pointless trying to keep it clean until they finish.

Purdy.. I'll post pics if the sun will ever come out here.

I think my tint is a bit darker than yours, but that's all personal preference.

Have driven the car about 100 miles so far, it is quite a fun game to try and keep it in EV mode. :yahoo:

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

I really wish that the Sport came in that color.. Looks good.

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

WOW!!!! :shades:

I'm definitely getting mine tinted :)

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

I'm planning on tinting my rears and rear window 20% and the fronts 50%. That's the maximum tint in Minnesota.

I'm planning on tinting my rears and rear window 20% and the fronts 50%. That's the maximum tint in Minnesota.

If you want to get a fix-it ticket. Cars are 50% all around. Trucks, vans, SUV's you have to do 50% on the front windows and you can paint the rest of the windows black if you want.

Seriously, don't do the 50/20 thing on a car, too many cops around town have the fricken tint meter.

If you want to get a fix-it ticket. Cars are 50% all around. Trucks, vans, SUV's you have to do 50% on the front windows and you can paint the rest of the windows black if you want.

Seriously, don't do the 50/20 thing on a car, too many cops around town have the fricken tint meter.

When I got my Freestyle windows tinted the folks at Solar Shield said MN law allows 50 front 20 rear. I'll have to check the tint laws website. An ex cop works in my department and he said he's pulled tint off windows after using the meter.

When I got my Freestyle windows tinted the folks at Solar Shield said MN law allows 50 front 20 rear. I'll have to check the tint laws website. An ex cop works in my department and he said he's pulled tint off windows after using the meter.

Freestyle falls under the SUV (Van) rules. 50 front 20 rear.

(we should get the hybrids together sometime, there can't be more than a handful in the state)

Edited by aggoodin